We're Baaaaack, timandlesley's return to WDW w/ TONS of pics-6/19pg117 TR IS UP!!!!!

Hey guys, I just caught up with this thread and I'm truly sorry to hear about Loomis. I can't begin to imagine, my thoughts are with you guys and you know if you need anything you can call. =o(

I am so sorry to hear about Loomis. I was not on the computer all weekend and just logged on and was shocked my the news. You guys are in my heart and prayers.

my thought's are with you, so sorry to hear about Loomis.

My furbaby is 9 and as i have no other kids he is my only baby. :hug:

:hug: So very very sorry about your dog! How difficult it must have been. Th poor baby! At least he won't suffer anymore.

Leslie - I really don't know what to say. I am all choked up.

I wish I could give you and your fam a big ol' hug, but this is the best I've got. :grouphug:

I, like so many others, have been through the same thing. We lost two within a year of each other over 3 years ago and I still cry missing them.

I worked at a vet clinic for many years know how hard it was for you, and just think you loved Loomis so much that you took his pain and made it your pain.:grouphug:

I am so sad. I have a big dog, too. Logan was rescued from a bad situation last year. Our family brings him a lot of joy as I know your family did for Loomis. My heart goes out to you, Tim, and your babies. You're very lucky to be there with him when he passed. :hug:

Thank you so much for your thoughts, prayers, warm wishes, and loving posts for myself and our family during this difficult time. :hug: If you don't own a dog you probably think we're nuts but he has been a part of our family for longer than Tim and I have been married, he was our first baby, and he was THE BEST dog. :goodvibes We miss him so very much. We continue to shed tears, especially when we are reminded of him. As we come home to an empty house and don't see him to greet us, as we finish dinner and go to give him a scrap, as I wake from my nap and see he's not laying on the floor beside me, as we watch t.v. at night and stare at the empty spot he laid every single night, the list goes on and on :sad1:
The kids want a new dog badly but I am holding them off until the fall when we return from Disney. I am looking for Golden breeders here in the area who will be expecting litters in the fall, it's hard to find reliable one's that have good breed lines, are decent to speak to on the phone (I've talked to some RUDE one's this week- believe me) that will be breeding for the fall. Luke LOVES looking at the puppies online. My parents went to the DisneyStore and got a HUGE dalmation (it is sooooooo soft) and dropped it off last night as a surprise for the kids as an "interim" dog:thumbsup2 The kids LOVED that!!! Wish me luck in the golden search, I know we will NEVER find a dog like Loomis but it keeps my mind busy searching and then I turn around and start crying from missing my baby so much.:sad2: .
ANYWAY!!!!!! We are only 41 days from Disney and CAN'T WAIT!!! We have started the new countdown calendar (it rocks), got the Maclaren organizer thingy for the stroller (it also rocks) and are excited about the trip getting so close, we are trying to think Disney and happy thoughts in this house as much as possible, we NEED a vacation so badly!!!!!!
We will post the itinerary here soon.
Thanks again everyone!!!
Lesley

I'm glad to hear that your family is getting through this ok. Goldens are really great dogs, I hope you can find one just a great as Loomis. I'm sure that they way you cared for Loomis was the reason why he was such a great dog. Good Luck with finding your next family member.

Glad to hear from you Lesley, and I am also glad to hear that you are looking to get another dog.:hug:

Here's some nanners for your countdown...:banana: :banana: :banana:

Can't wait to see updated pics and itenerary.:goodvibes

Lesley,

Just got back into town and got caught up... sooo sorry to hear about Loomis, sending great big :hug: to your family! Good luck in your search have you thought about shelters? I know sometimes they have pure breads at them also.

Lesley;

I've been lurking your trip reports and was so very sorry to hear about Loomis. We had virtually the same thing happen with our furbaby two years ago and it was just the hardest thing to deal with. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Loomis will guide you to your new baby when the time is right. Hang in there and know that each day will be a little easier.

-kristy

Lesley,
So sorry to hear about your "furry" baby. It certainly sounds like you all gave him a great home and you are in my thoughts and prayers!

Only 41 days?!?! Wow. Hopefully your trip will be the perfect vacation from all the difficult drama you all have had the past few months - just keep dreaming of mouse ears and pixie dust!

LB

It really helps to get another dog. Takes away the empty house feeling. Loomis will always hold a special place in your heart!

Your post made me cry! We have two greyhounds and ALWAYS remind them that they were our first babies.

Hey Lesley,

I was telling my sis about what happened to you with Loomis yesterday--b/c she is such a big dog lover--and I told her how you were really disenchanted with a lot of the breeders you had spoken to, and she said that she has a website that she is going to send to me to forward to you--it is a local rescue foundation that deals strictly with full bred Golden Retrievers. She said they are much more wonderful to work with than most breeders because they want what is absolutely best for the dog--they have full bred puppies. As soon as I get the info, I will forward it to you. I think rescuing a dog is also a lot less expensive too. I hope that might help you in some way!!! Sending you out more hugs though! Jen

Lesley, We are just back from our trip and I am catching up on your report. I am sooooo very sorry to hear about Loomis. My heart goes out to you and your family, it was very obvious how much you all just adored Loomis. Hopefully having Disney to plan for and look forward to might help to be a welcome distraction from your grief. :flower3:

I am so happy for you that your trip is getting so close. Sooner than you think it will be here!:goodvibes

Oh, Leslie and Tim, :hug: to you and Luke and Lauren on the loss of your precious dog. We had to put down our beloved chocolate lab last spring (it will almost be a year) and it was just the most awful thing we'd ever done. Sometimes I will still see something that reminds me of him and I'm sad all over again. We have not gotten another dog yet, I just was too heartsick, plus with four little kids I don't have a lot of time to devote to training. And we too, were spoiled b/c our dog was so awesome, I trusted him with the kiddies completely and he was older so didn't need a ton of attention if you KWIM. Anyway now I'm feeling like it is time, so DH and I would like Santa to bring a puppy to our house at Christmas. So we too are in the process of researching. Although we are going with a different breed, due to DS's allergies and also b/c I can't bear to have another chocolate lab and not have it be our guiness.

On the hard rock hotel, it was awesome!:cool1: The concierge level included an amazing breakfast spread, 24 hour coffee (which for me is big!) bottled beer and wine in the afternoon along with appetizers which went along with a theme. Plus some type of dessert (ice-cream, hot cookies, etc) every night. It was awesome b/c we had breakfast there, coctails and finger foods in the afternoon so it cut down on our restaurant meals, which with four little kids was fine by us! PM me if you want any more info. We really, really liked it and will definitly go back.

Again, so sorry for your loss, and wishing you peace.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter