We're Baaaaack!! **The WLV's groupies & Trivia Thread chapter 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
HL -Have a great trip. Hope it warms up for you. We'll be arriving in Orlando as you leave. I love escaping the cold Northeast in January but the weather is always iffy in Dinsey in January. Last January was very cold but in 2007 it was shorts and T Shirts the entire week. 60's sounds a heck of a lot better then what we are going through now.

Have a safe trip.

Oooo Hawaii!! Now I'm the one who's jealous! Have a great trip. Which island are you going to? Hope you have a fantastic time. It would be hard not to in Hawaii!

On the scooter - I was thinking about it last night & I came to the same conclusion as you did above. It is my right arm & I think it actually could make my arm feel worse having it straight out in front of me all the time. I'm sure I'll be fine with walking. I'll just take it easy. Like others have said no need to push it because I know I'll be back again & the Lodge is just a short boat ride away from MK if I need to rest. Oh & I do ride english. If I had to lift a western saddle I wouldn't be riding until spring!

54 hours & counting!!! :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

I'm off to Kauai in 9.5 hours! Haven't been to that island since Magnum PI was still filming so I'm pretty excited! And no - I didn't see Mr. Magnum himself but did speak with a few crew members when we were on Oahu for a couple of days.

I hope you have an easy time getting around and a wonderful time at WDW!

Kathy I hope you get to see the launch. There was one when we were down last year but we weren't in a good place to see it. DHS. Plus my DD saw Prince Caspian and didn't care about anything else happening in the real world!:lovestruc

Thanks DLI! Hmmmm....handsome movie hero or watching a rocket for a minute or two after waiting for an even longer time....I think I understand what your daughter was thinking. ;) But I'm excited!

Kathy, congrats on getting the AKV concierge ! I'll be at VWL May 8-10 so we overlap a bit :)

Thanks - I was quite surprised. Now I'm worried we'll be quite spoiled with our first DVC trip to AKV. I thought I'd be wanting savanna rooms but after getting this - well, I wonder if it'll become a habit?! :goodvibes

Hope you get to see that shuttle launch Kat. Our trip in Aug doesn't have anything scheduled. :sad2:

Only 6 more sleeps til we escape this deep freeze

I was lucky enough to see one from the Swan many years ago but I'd love to see one from a bit closer. Hopefully they'll stay on schedule since it'll probably be the last chance I have.

I'm glad that so many groupies are going to be escaping from the cold! I hope everyone has great trips!! pixiedust:

Gotta go pack now! :scared1:

Have a wonderful time in HI! I have never been, one of these days.....maybe after DVC is built there!

horselover Jan 17-21 VWL
bgraham34 Jan 21-25 VWL
MickeyMorse Jan 23-24 POP, Jan 24-30 VWL

Looks like some of us are headed down real soon! Have a wonderful time!

You have an awesome vacation planned! I took the liberty of adding you to the front page. Let me know if that is all right.:goodvibes
And welcome! You know that Moosie Siggy would look great on you!
And your screen name....do tell!;)

Thanks for all the welcomes! Sorry I had some catch up reading to do. This is the start of my very busy time at work, so sometimes the really fun stuff has to take a back burner.:sad2:

We are so looking forward to the whole trip in May and I check my countdown calendar frequently as I am sure all of ya'll do when you have a trip.

Muushka: Thanks for the posting on the list, that is great!! I hope to figure out very soon how to do the Moosie Siggy. I think they are really neat!! You like my screen name. . . there is a small story behind that. Mine and my dd's names both start with kat. Can't have too many kats or cats in the house (IMHO) :thumbsup2

I hope all the groupies that are suffering in the realllllly cold temps get a break soon. We have had a few days in the 20's and we are all miserable. Our temps change every other day. High, low, high and low. Lots of people getting sick from the weather fluctuations.

Again thanks for the welcomes and the early congratulations on my anniversary.

You are a Kat AND a cat person, you have Dixie Landings in your screen name......Good job!:thumbsup2
Let us know if we can help with that Moosie addition. He is anxiously waiting to be a part of you!:goodvibes

Morning Groupies,

Haven't had much time on the DIS lately, but wanted to drop by, say hi,
and say keep warm and safe all you northerners and midwesterners!

Deb

horselover Jan 17-21 VWL
bgraham34 Jan 21-25 VWL
MickeyMorse Jan 23-24 POP, Jan 24-30 VWL

Yes !!! I second what Muushka said ! Have an awesome time in the WORLD !
DisneyBus.gif

Hi Deb ! How's everything......
Thanks for the "keep warm" wishes.....but honestly, I think I have forgotten what warm is !!!!! Right now, it is 12 degrees at noon !!!! And I know it's even colder in many areas.....

Kat4Disney :I'm off to Kauai in 9.5 hours! Haven't been to that island since Magnum PI was still filming so I'm pretty excited! And no - I didn't see Mr. Magnum himself but did speak with a few crew members when we were on Oahu for a couple of days.

OMG Kathy ! You lucky duck ! Have an awesome time !

anpalmisl.gif

horselover - Hope your trip is off to a great start!

mickeymorse - 5 more sleeps? :cool1:

KAT4DISNEY - Have a wonderful time in Hawaii! Oh I used to be so in love with Magnum P.I. :love2:

Muushka - I think I too will have to visit Hawaii after DVC is built there. Have only been once when DH had a work trip that I was able to join him on about 17 years ago. I think it is time to go back. ::yes::

50 years Too! - :wave2:

MiaSRN62 - 12 degrees:scared1: I have nothing to complain about here in Texas with the cold temperatures y'all have.

Happy Saturday Groupies!

KAT..any chance you can spy on the new DVC resort while you are there? I cannot wait to do my first trip "home" to Hawaii! Be safe and have a wonderful trip!

Just subscribing! Love the thread! I'm on my way to the VWL in 16 days for our first stay and I'm excited. We are bring friends that have never even seen WL and I can't wait to see their reaction when they walk into the lobby for the first time.

Wondering if you can request the floor you would like to stay on or which way you would face? When we stayed at SSR it was easy because there is so much room there but I think that a room with a view of the lake may be more of a challenge at VWL. Any advice?

Just subscribing! Love the thread! I'm on my way to the VWL in 16 days for our first stay and I'm excited. We are bring friends that have never even seen WL and I can't wait to see their reaction when they walk into the lobby for the first time.

Wondering if you can request the floor you would like to stay on or which way you would face? When we stayed at SSR it was easy because there is so much room there but I think that a room with a view of the lake may be more of a challenge at VWL. Any advice?

Welcome aboard TM! 16 days, not too much longer! If you want, give me a date and I'll put you on the much sought after vacation list! And if you find that VWL speaks to your soul, grab a moosie siggy!

Sorry, I don't do room request thingies, but I hope you have a great time!

Welcome to the groupies.

I was told you could request a lake view. Don't know how much lake you will see but it does put you on one side of the building. The only other request might be to be near the elevators. I'll be there this time next week enjoying whatever temps they want to give me. Won't be as cold as here. That I guarantee.:thumbsup2

Dory...but who's counting. :hyper: ;)

Muushka: Thanks for the Welcome! We will be at the VWL from 2/2 through 2/8 and I can't wait!!

Mickeymorse: Thanks for the info. It was -17 this week here in Chicago so I'm really looking forward to warmer weather and no snow!

Hi TM! Welcome to our band of groupies! I've put in requests and sometimes they can be honored and sometimes not. Just depends..but the Lodge is wonderful no matter what!

When is it gonna warm up?!:rolleyes2 :beach:

It's 22 balmy degrees here in Danville :)
I'm headed down to Blossomz neck of the woods today (great aunt and uncle are moving out of their home and we are providing the muscle power) and I'm hoping it's at least 30 in York when I get there around 10 am ;)

Muushka: Thanks for the Welcome! We will be at the VWL from 2/2 through 2/8 and I can't wait!!

Mickeymorse: Thanks for the info. It was -17 this week here in Chicago so I'm really looking forward to warmer weather and no snow!

Got it! Just in the nick of time!:yay::yay:

Good Morning All...... Snowing Here

[ Can't have too many kats or cats in the house (IMHO) :thumbsup2 .
Two Kitty Cats in our House...Welcome twokats pixiedust: pixiedust:

I'm off to Kauai in 9.5 hours! Haven't been to that island since Magnum PI was still filming
:
I love that show.... Have a Wonderful trip.... looking forward to some pics.
Mahalo :blush:

Morning Groupies,
Haven't had much time on the DIS lately, but wanted to drop by, say hi,

Deb

Thanks for the "warm" wishes Deb :wave2:

Always love your graphics...:thumbsup2 thanks a bunch

A BIG WELCOME :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: Trev's mom

:coffee: :coffee: Still catching up.... need to get another cup of tea....See You Real Soon ::yes::

Trev's mom - :welcome:
16 days! :cool1: I hope you have an awesome vacation, and that your friends love the lodge! Pull up a chair and visit while you count down your days.
100_4793.jpg

MM - only 4 more sleeps (since your not counting I thought I better be sure you know). ;)

It is making me cold just reading all of y'all temperatures each day. Stay safe and warm!

Pull up a chair and visit while you count down your days.
100_4793.jpg
:fish: Hey Dory.... Don't mind if I do... May is a long way off but I never feel very far away because my groupie friends keep me close to my Happy Place :grouphug:
horselover Jan 17-21 VWL:yay:
bgraham34 Jan 21-25 VWL:yay:
MickeyMorse Jan 23-24 POP, Jan 24-30 VWL :yay:
Disney Loving Iowan Jan 28 - Feb 3 BWV :yay: and Happy Birthday! :cake:eb:yay:

pixiedust: pixiedust: Pixie Dust to all Groupies starting off the New Year in our Magical World pixiedust: pixiedust:

Muushka A Big Groupie Thank You for keeping our Vacation List:thanks: :thanks:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter