• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

We're Baaaaack!! **The WLV's groupies & Trivia Thread chapter 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as I know, the Electric Water Pageant runs all year round. Not sure that it runs every night of the week though. :confused3

It's basically a "parade" on water. A boat with electric light imaging stops in front of the WL beach and you hear a synthesizer tune (similar to Electric Light Parade in MK). Then another boat, etc. The whole thing takes about 20 minutes or so and is a nice little addition to the feel of the resort. :)

Right on Granny
Some Disney Trivia .... The Electric Water Pageant was the inspiration for the Main Street Electric Light Parade... according to the backstage magic tour guide :wizard:

I think I gave you bad advice. Try picking "640 x 480" on the drop down screen and see if that works better.

Granny - you never give BAD advice;) Heaven knows - we never would have been able to post a picture anywhere without your help!:thumbsup2
Here's our contribution for the New Year/New Chapter!
Lodgepool-Earlyam-1.jpg

This was caught during an early morning coffee run to Roaring Fork - such a peaceful time at the Lodge.:cloud9:

We're still trying to figure out when we're going this year!:confused3

Quick story - ran into a fellow DVC'er today in the Lowes parking lot. She saw our license plate (Dsny&us) - says "I like your license plate" and we proceed to chat for 45 minutes! Turns out they own 1000 points (how lucky are they!) - and went to the world every other month last year! We can't even imagine!

Thank you all for the warm welcome!!! :goodvibes I think I am going to like hanging out with you all. I love seeing all the pictures.

I must get a VWL signature...

I'm pretty sure Granny is right-on with the info on the Electric Water Pagent. I've been there almost every month of the year over the last decade and always been able to see it from one of the MK resorts.

Love all the photos guys.........

Joy...glad you'll be sticking around.........

Ok....to share......while this isn't the Villas precisely, it is the main Lodge if you all would like to check it out (from our stay in 2007):

Now for our stay at the Villas side :
I stayed in a studio with my girls in Oct 2006--I believe the sofa beds are a new style from 10/06 :

100_2335.jpg

100_2342.jpg

Hello Groupies! I knew that we were close to starting a new thread and here it is on page #4 already.

My picture contribution for this new thread...one of our VWL friends :)

(this is the 640 x 480 size on Photobucket-had to actually upload it again to the album from my computer as I had a lot of difficulty changing the size of the picture that was already on the site)

Picture072-3.jpg

Knock, knock...can I come in and join the fun?:goodvibes

Just admiring the great photos...Not sure if I will be allowed in (since I don't own at VWL), but I am just as excited about our upcoming stay there(3/18 thru 3/22). We purchased a loaded BWV contract last fall and when faced with either booking a nice hotel stay under the 4/3 deal prior to our BWV points stay, or using some of those fan-tab-u-lous points to try-out VWL, the Villas won!:thumbsup2

We have not stayed at either the Lodge or Villas, just had dinner at WCC and walked around admiring the view once. (the kids kept asking: can we stay here someday?)...Little did I know we would actually be able to do so. Anyway, I'm rambling...but I'd love to hang out for a while if that's ok? (while I pass the time with 75 days to go 'til :cloud9:)

Count me in! We are new VWL owners. We will be there August 28 - September 5! We have stayed at WL 3 times, but never the Villas. We are really excited for our first trip home!!!

And a big Welcome to the groupies Joy.

Happy New Year ya'll....just tagging along for the ride....

Early morning serenity:
ry%3D400

I love this picture. It just screams morning cup of coffee time.

A Groupie question for all.......can anyone say the one thing they love most about WLV and why?

My one thing would be boat transportation to MK. I love the water and MK is the best park IMHO. Oh and you groupies too!!!:yay:

First photo bucket attempt.....Too Big ????

IMG_1629.jpg

TOO BIG, NOT A CHANCE I can't wait to hear those words for the first time as a true owner of VWL. Did I tell everyone only 20 more days

Just admiring the great photos...Not sure if I will be allowed in (since I don't own at VWL), but I am just as excited about our upcoming stay there(3/18 thru 3/22). We purchased a loaded BWV contract last fall and when faced with either booking a nice hotel stay under the 4/3 deal prior to our BWV points stay, or using some of those fan-tab-u-lous points to try-out VWL, the Villas won!:thumbsup2

We have not stayed at either the Lodge or Villas, just had dinner at WCC and walked around admiring the view once. (the kids kept asking: can we stay here someday?)...Little did I know we would actually be able to do so. Anyway, I'm rambling...but I'd love to hang out for a while if that's ok? (while I pass the time with 75 days to go 'til :cloud9:)

You are most certainly welcome here. I wasn't an owner when the groupies opened there Lodge lovin hearts and made me a groupie too. The love of the Lodge is what its all about. Stick around and find out how great these folk are. Oh and feel free to grab a groupie siggie.:woohoo:

WOW, a new thread and page 4 already!

:welcome: Joy and PKWallaby :wave2:

Thanks Eliza for getting us started :goodvibes and to Muushka for taking over in Granny's stead.

Love :love: the photos!

What a great way to start the New Year!
Di

Welcome to the newbies...no need to own at VWL to appreciate the beauty and serenity of the place! As someone said above, just grab a moose and pull up a rocking chair by the fire :)

Muushka,
More dates for the list you inherited from Granny.

We will be staying at the Beach Club June 14-21st for the 4/3 deal, followed by June 21-25 in a BCV studio (keeping the DM and DD9 happy on this trip).

October 6-13th we are staying at VWL for my birthday on October 6th

Hi! First time posting on the new thread. We just returned from our NYE trip to WDW. We stayed at the BWV, had a wonderful wonderful time, and one of the highlights was visiting the Lodge, of course. I did say hello to Ranger Stan who was doing his version of "NY, NY" with a friend near the bridge in the lobby. I was thrilled to shake his hand and later on, I watched his interaction with the kids who were "daring" to cross the bridge, as he was trying to charge a toll to do so. The kids did catch on, and thought it was fun.

Riding bikes from WL over and around FW to see the wonderful ways that campers decorate is one of our traditions.

Happy New Year, to all!

Bobbi:goodvibes

Hi! First time posting on the new thread. We just returned from our NYE trip to WDW. We stayed at the BWV, had a wonderful wonderful time, and one of the highlights was visiting the Lodge, of course. I did say hello to Ranger Stan who was doing his version of "NY, NY" with a friend near the bridge in the lobby. I was thrilled to shake his hand and later on, I watched his interaction with the kids who were "daring" to cross the bridge, as he was trying to charge a toll to do so. The kids did catch on, and thought it was fun.

Riding bikes from WL over and around FW to see the wonderful ways that campers decorate is one of our traditions.

Happy New Year, to all!

Bobbi:goodvibes

Sounds like yall had a great trip. And thanks for sharing that story about Ranger Stan. Good 'ol Stan. He always seems to have a pep about him.

And a big Welcome to the groupies Joy.

I love this picture. It just screams morning cup of coffee time.

My one thing would be boat transportation to MK. I love the water and MK is the best park IMHO. Oh and you groupies too!!!:yay:

TOO BIG, NOT A CHANCE I can't wait to hear those words for the first time as a true owner of VWL. Did I tell everyone only 20 more days

You are most certainly welcome here. I wasn't an owner when the groupies opened there Lodge lovin hearts and made me a groupie too. The love of the Lodge is what its all about. Stick around and find out how great these folk are. Oh and feel free to grab a groupie siggie.:woohoo:
Love all the pics Groupies!!!! Anal Annie, yes I would be right there with a cup of coffee!!! Ahhh......:love:

Good morning groupies!

I just saw the decorating that goes on over at the campground on the Travel Channel special on NYE-renting bikes to go over and see it is a great idea and I think I will add that to our holiday "to do" list!

A couple more pictures of the scenery surrounding the lodge...

CopyofPicture066.jpg

Picture067.jpg

Picture068-1.jpg

Checking in !!!!

Wanted to add.....cheer4bison....loved your sleigh photo you posted at the end of part 2. We'd love to do this one day. Are there certain days/times they do the rides ?

They offer sleigh rides in the evenings (every half hour from about 5 pm on, I believe) between Thanksgiving and Christmas. You can book your ride 30 days in advance by calling 407-WDW-PLAY.

So, groupies, since Eliza has launched our new thread, don't you think we should rub Humphry's nose to let the magic begin? ;)

totem2-1.jpg

And another question? Does anyone else have trouble restraining themselves as they walk past these cowbells down to the villas? I just can't seem to walk by without clanging them... :confused3

DSC02591-1.jpg

cheer4bison,

Are you a Bucknell alumni? We live in Danville...about 20 minutes from the campus. My DD9 already has her heart (and my pocketbook) set on attending Bucknell in 9 short years :)
We go over occasionally for football games and concerts on campus.

Welcome Pk,
Hang around and post any time. Many of us, myself included don't own at WL (my home is BCV's) but we feel in love with the lodge. It is a cool place.

The new Granny here. AKA Muush. Dates fixed, see you at WDW we will be there then too!!!

Now that the thread isn't so loooooong, it isn't quite as intimidating. Can I join, too?

Dates for 2009:

March 17-21 concierge AKV, March 21-24 VWL
August 17-20 CGH at DL
Oct 22-27 BWV
Dec 2-5 VWL, Dec 5-12 DCL, Dec 12 AKV

They offer sleigh rides in the evenings (every half hour from about 5 pm on, I believe) between Thanksgiving and Christmas. You can book your ride 30 days in advance by calling 407-WDW-PLAY.

So, groupies, since Eliza has launched our new thread, don't you think we should rub Humphry's nose to let the magic begin? ;)

totem2-1.jpg

And another question? Does anyone else have trouble restraining themselves as they walk past these cowbells down to the villas? I just can't seem to walk by without clanging them... :confused3

DSC02591-1.jpg

My husband always rings the cow bells! If asked his favorite thing to do at the lodge he probably would say that.
My favorite thing is walking from the villas to the lodge via the pool/lake area.
Especially early in the morning. Utter peace and contentment.

Welcome to all the new groupies. You're going to love it here!

Deb

My husband always rings the cow bells! If asked his favorite thing to do at the lodge he probably would say that.
My favorite thing is walking from the villas to the lodge via the pool/lake area.
Especially early in the morning. Utter peace and contentment.

Welcome to all the new groupies. You're going to love it here!

Deb

We were just at VWL in December and my niece and nephew LOVED to ring those cow bells!

My favorite thing about VWL is the overall feeling of being out west in a national park. Amazing that I can be in Florida but FEEL like I'm a few thousand miles away. The theme is just incredible.

When I roll my eyes at my DH for ringing the cowbells EVERY SINGLE TIME HE WALKS BY THEM, he says it's a "guy thing" and I just don't understand.:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter