'We're all mad here' Trip Report, 17-21 Feb '15, Adagio Aparthotel

Day 1

Up bright and early to go to the airport. The boys thought we were going to their great-grandmothers house for a few days but when we got to the airport and met the rest of the gang we gave them their certificates and told them we were off to Disneyland! There was great excitement from them all. DS1 was very keen to tell his cousins all the rides that they could go on.
We got fast tracked through security and then a lovely lady gave us 5 big bars of chocolate as they wouldn't fit in her bag! I explained to Mam and my sister that this was pixie dust; a little bit of Disney Magic to start our trip. :-)
We flew with Air France and were given a muffin and a drink on the flight. I had made up goody bags for the kids and they kept them entertained for the journey.

We arrived in half an hour early and I had a text from John from Ezyshuttle saying he noticed our flight was early and keeping me updated on the driver's location. Great service from them again; by the time we got through passport control and baggage collection she was there waiting for us.

We were unable to check in as we arrived at Hotel Adagio as it wasn't yet 3pm. So we decided to go to Val D'Europe for some lunch and shopping. We were pleasantly surprised to see how close it was to the hotel! Literally 1 minute! Although the Auchan supermarket was miles away down the opposite end of the centre. My sister and I got all our wine, I mean groceries, in Auchan. (Bottle of Beaujolais €3.50, Pinot Grigiot €5) Meanwhile, while my Mam brought the children for lunch. They had a lovely hot meal, drink and dessert for €3.95 each. Bargain!
We then checked in to our 2 bedroom apartment at the hotel. It was actually 3 bedrooms - one double and one twin upstairs, one set of bunkbeds downstairs and two sofa beds in the living area. Also two toilets, one shower and one bath/shower. The apartment was very clean and well equipped. Lots of crockery, cutlery, towels, pillows etc. And the all-important wine glasses. ;-)

We didn't hang around long as we were keen to get to the magic. We caught the 3:30pm Peps 50 bus

and met my forum friend Rachael at the entrance to the park to get sponsored for our APs.

It is such a wonderful feeling to catch your first glimpse of the castle. DS2 started jumping up and down! DN2's face was priceless too. More goosebumps and butterflies walking down Main Street. You really can't beat that feeling. Mam and my sister were overcome with it too. The details on the shopfronts, the music, just the general atmosphere are just fabulous.
We had to exchange our temporary APs for the real deal at the AP office. Thankfully this was fairly straightforward and 'Frozen' was on a television for the kids.

Once that was sorted we headed for the castle to have a look inside at Sleeping Beauty's story. Our favourite parts were the stained glass windows. The view of Fantasyland from the top is lovely too. After that we went to visit Maleficent's dragon under the castle. DS2 was a little scared; but braver than the last trip!

It was now time for our first ride. DN2 was dying to go on a 'Rollercoaster' but we started with a gentler option, It's a Small world. Only a 5 minute queue. We all enjoyed the ride. I then went to buy a Photopass + while the rest of the gang went to the Storybook boats. On my way back from Main St I got caught at the parade. There are worse places to be stuck! I was singing and bopping away like an eejit. :-)
I found the others and we went to the Teacups as there was no queue (probably because of the parade). Again, DS2 was showing his maturity since the last trip (the teacups were too fast then!) and he really enjoyed it. As did we all. The teacups are great fun.

It was now time for our dinner reservation at Blue Lagoon. We saw other people without reservations being turned away. I asked for a table by the water but there was none available for a party of 7. We were so glad to sit down for a rest after a very long and busy day. Mam & sis both loved the theming of the restaurant. Me & sis had glowtinis and the kids had non-alcoholic cocktails with the souvineer cups and light-up tinkerbells. Our waiter found it very strange that the two boys wanted tinkerbell. He kept offering to change them even though I explained that they already had the Buzz Lightyear ones. He persuaded DS2 to change his :-/ but there was no way DS1 was parting with Tink! :-D

I had the I had prawns for starters, Caribbean Chicken Colombo for mains and Mango Delight for dessert. Everything was really yummy. We ordered 3 children's meals between the 4 of them; there was no problem doing this. They all had pasta and ate every bit of it. The kids went down to the water to wave at the boats going by.

The ride was very quiet at the end of our meal with most of the boats being empty. We decided not to do the ride as we wanted to try and get the 19:55 bus back to Adagio as Rachel had warned us that the 9pm bus would be very busy. Before we left, the waiter kindly gave us two extra cups (Cars ones) for the kids. We didn't make it to the bus. As we got to Central Plaza, Dreams was starting, so we stayed to watch it, just outside Casey's Corner. We didn't have a great view but it was still enjoyable. We left a few minutes before it finished so we wouldn't get caught in the crowds leaving. We promised the kids we'd watch it fully the next night at a better spot.
We decided to try getting the train back to our apartment. Big mistake. When we got off, we had no idea where we were and Google maps wouldn't work on my phone and it took us ages to find someone who knew the way to Adagio. And then it was a fairly long walk. We were glad to get back in the end. The kids were asleep before their heads hit the pillows and the adults enjoyed a glass of wine before retiring to bed.

I made that same mistake on the train. Head for Serris to exit near VDE.... We walked for 15 frozen minutes. And Google maps was having none of it for me either! Can I nose and ask what network you're with? Looking at finding a cheap network for roaming!

I'm with 3 and they're 25c per MB I think. DH is with Vodafone and you pay €3 per day for 100MB which is much better value. I'm dreading my next bill. :sad2:

I'm with 3 and they're 25c per MB I think. DH is with Vodafone and you pay €3 per day for 100MB which is much better value. I'm dreading my next bill. :sad2:
That's no so bad. I think emobile are 99c per mb! Free roaming my aunt nelly.

What a great surprise!!! :) The kids look so happy!!pixiedust: And so nice to be near shopping - I love Auchan supermarkets - and a whole bottle of wine for the price of one glass elsewhere good grief!!!:hippie:

So, I need to look for Auchan supermarkets while in Paris?

I won't have time for time. I'll be too involved in Disney. I've never been to Val de Europe. It will be my fifth trip and I have never done anything outside DLP. NO shopping. Nothing.

Lovely start to your trip! I love the photo of the kids on the bus on the way to Disney, they look so happy :cheer2:

Look forward to hearing more :thumbsup2

I won't have time for time. I'll be too involved in Disney. I've never been to Val de Europe. It will be my fifth trip and I have never done anything outside DLP. NO shopping. Nothing.
Lol!!! :lmao::lmao:
Paris it is!

Well, it's a start. We are spending a WHOLE day in Paris. And I still grumble for not being able to book 7 night stay in DLP...

I love the pictures so far! The kids are just too cute and look so happy to be there :goodvibes It's so fun that they got a surprise, too! I'm sure they were thrilled. The hotel setup look great for all of you.

I can't wait to see your next updates!

Oh-- I also forgot to say I LOVE the hat and your nails! :love: I'm a nailpolish addict but unfortunately I only brought over two bottles from home so I can't do anything fun like that without buying more and it's SO much more expensive here than in the US it seems :worried:

Fabulous report Dee, looking forward to reading more. Delighted you had such a good time. The boys look so happy. :goodvibes Also love your fab minnie hat and nails. Trés chic. :thumbsup2

No dry ice again with your glowtini in Blue Lagoon? :confused3

Last edited:
Day 2

Mam and my sister headed off to buy bread and brioche for breakfast. We were very slow getting going today and didn't get the bus until 10am, despite being awake from 7!
It was a very cold morning - freezing fog.

When we arrived at the park I went to City Hall to see about getting an Easy Access card for DS1. Because we have APs they sent me to the AP office. We travelled down Main Street on one of the lovely vintage vehicles. The castle even looked pretty in the fog.

A lovely CM dealt with us at the AP office, I can't remember his name but he was English. It was all very straightforward and he wrote on the card that I could bring DS2 aswell as DS1.

We all stayed in Discoveryland then. We got FPs for Buzz Lightyear's Laser Blast and then headed for Star Tours. Everyone enjoyed this, especially DS2 as he loves Star Wars. He was wearing his Darth Vader costume too. The ride is old fashioned now but still really good. Captain EO was next door so we went to see that. Like Star Tours, it's a bit retro but still enjoyable. We hadn't much of a queue for either.
It was then time to use our Buzz FPs. We had great fun on this and got some good photos for our Photopass.

We had lunch booked for 1:30 at Inventions. We told the kids that it was a buffet but we didn't say anything about the characters, so when they spotted Mickey Mouse they were delighted! They rushed to get their autograph books but we told them to wait until he came to our table. We saw Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto and Tigger and got autographs and photos, and even selfies with Minnie and Pluto! I really like character meals; it's so much nicer than queuing to meet each character separately! We got great value out of the buffet and ate loads. Everything was delicious. The kids were fascinated by the snails but none were brave enough to try them! I was very naughty and took some of the red haribo sweets in the dessert buffet to have later. They're my favourite! My mam and sister were very impressed by the buffet selection and the restaurant and hotel itself.

Mam took our APs to go get some FPs for Peter Pan or BTM but they were all gone. Meanwhile, the rest of us tried Alice's Curious Labyrinth and somehow managed to get lost! But otherwise it was good fun. Next was the carousel, which the girls had been begging to go on since they saw it first the day before.

We were going to go on the Disneyland Railroad next but the Fantasyland station was closed. It was nearly time for the parade so we grabbed some hot drinks and got a spot beside It's a Small World. The kids really enjoyed it and I was singing and dancing along to the song again! Once it was over we left quickly to see if any rides had a short queue. We were in luck as Dumbo had a short queue. The kids loved being able to control the elephant going up and down themselves.

It was getting dark by now. My sister wanted to get buggies for the girls for watching Dreams so we went to get them up near the entrance. They were free with the Dream APs. They were plenty big for the two girls (aged 7&8).

We walked over to Frontierland to see what we could go on. The riverboat was finished and BTM had a big queue so we went on Phantom Manor. It really adds to the experience to go on this in the dark! DS2 was showing his new-found bravery again by not protesting going on. He enjoyed it!

It was almost 7:30pm so we went to get a spot to watch Dreams. We parked the buggies on the kerb to the left of central plaza, just past the entrance to Frontierland. My sister & I went to Casey's corner to get hot food and drinks to warm us all up. Two portions of nuggets and fries was enough for the 4 kids to share. I had to have a hot dog to see what all the fuss was about!
Our spot was great. Some people stood on the street in front of us but we still had a good view. The water jets on the right side of the castle weren't working, so no Wendy. But it didn't really matter; the show was still amazing. I well up every time. So cleverly done. We all loved it.
It was a bit of a scrum trying to get out of the park but we made it eventually. We got a minibus taxi from the taxi rank outside the train station back to Adagio. It was €20. Money well spent! Much nicer than getting the train or the bus!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter