• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Went to Walt Disney Studios for Saving Mr. Banks screening

Disneykatz

Earning My Ears
I was able to see Saving Mr. Banks at the Walt Disney Studios in Burbank, Ca thanks to someone posting the info on these boards. I was so excited to be able to go since the Walt Disney Studios is rarely, if ever, open to the public and I've always wondered what was inside those wrought iron gates with Mickey heads on top! It did not disappoint!

There was so much cool stuff to see, including props from Saving Mr. Banks, props & pics from Mary Poppins, & more historical Walt Disney memorabilia & pics. I did take lots of pictures if you'd like to see them, they are on my blog page at jensjourneys.com. I took so many that I've only posted part 1 so far, I hope to post the 2nd set of pics in the next few days or so but you can also sign up on my page to be notified when I post.

It was such a great experience for a Disney fan, I wish they would give tours once in awhile or do more movie screenings there.

Loved seeing your blog and pictures! What people were invited to this screening? I'm guessing they had multiple showings of it. Very, very, cool, indeed!

I love the studios. Got to spend several days there when I was a TDS manager. We went to the archives and met Dave Smith. I even got to hold one of Walt's Academy Awards. Got to eat in the commissary, too. I love the streets on the lot, and looking up to Walt's office.

We were there on December 17. I agree. It was such a cool experience.

One of our DISers works at the Studios, and she let me know how excited they were to prepare everything for us fans. :)

Thanks! It was open to anyone, someone here posted the link, I think from the Disney Parks Blog. They had one screening a night for like five or six days in a row mid December. You were able to choose which seats to reserve in the theatre & once it was full it was sold out.

I may have been one of the ones who posted the link and happy to hear others enjoyed it as much as DH and I did ! We were SO very sick that night , we went on Friday Dec, 13th and it was just an amazing experience. We really wished we had felt more like ourselves but enjoyed every moment and I am so thankful for this opportunity too ! I hope I can do it again as it was incredibly memorable.

Sorry it took so long but I finally posted the rest of my pics from my WD Studios Burbank tour in Dec. to the link in my first post on this thread if you want to see them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter