Went to the Dr yesterday...

AmazingGrace

Relax! It's a message board!
I've been having some monthly angst lately. When the Dr did her exam, she thought she felt something. She's thinking fibroid. I'm goijg for an ultrasound on the 31st. The Dr seems to think I might be able to have a hysterectomy based on my problems, my age and the fact that I can't take bcp's because of a clotting disorder.
Go ahhead and take my plumbing. I'm done with it.

If you don't mind me asking- how old are you? I begged my gyno for a hysterectomy last time I went in- and she said 35 was too young to "be on hormonal replacement therapy for the rest of my life". I've had 4 kids, fibroids forever- 2 d&c's and a cryonic ablation treatment- and still have heavy periods and painful cramping. I sometimes get my period 2X in a month and I'm so sick of it! She put me on birth control pills (I had a tubal ligation 4 years ago!) and I'm seeking a new doctor!
Thanks for any info-

I'm going to be forty this June. We're hoping that something can be done. I'm going to try to keep my ovaries. I can't go on hormone replacement because of the whole clotting thing.

I am seeing my future

I am only 18 and since 2005 I have had 5 cysts:sick: Ill pray for yall

I had a hysterectomy last spring, after suffering from the very first cycle when I was 12 years old! In this day and age, they do NOT remove your ovaries unless there is a compelling reason to do so, so I'm not sure why your doc said that...? Even my mom, who had a hysterectomy in the 1970s, still has her ovaries.

Also, there is a somewhat new procedure they can do on fibroids in lieu of a hysterectomy; I believe it's called a fibroid embolization. Basically they use laser to sort of cauterize the blood supply to the fibroid, thus making it shrink. If I hadn't had other problems besides the fibroids, I would have considered that.

Good luck to you in whatever you decide to do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter