• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wellness vs. Nonwellness

PrincessStephanie

Earning My Ears
is a huge deal if you're 21 and live in wellness? will i regret this if i do this? or would it not really matter at all? HELP

I don't think it matters much really, though you may run into trouble finding roommates. I'm doing wellness and I wouldn't room with someone over 21 just in case they decide they wanted to drink. If they brought alcohol into the apartment, the entire apartment could be termed. And I'd just rather not risk it.

From what I've seen it seems that there are people of all ages that do the college program so it shouldn't be hard to find someone to room with your age. I'm over 21 and I don't drink but it seems that it would be best to get a Non-Wellness apartment. Like already mentioned if one person in the Wellness apartment decides to drink then everyone could be termed whether that be someone under 21 or 21+. I just wouldn't want to lose my job for something like that. I'm going to try and get into the Spring 2013 program and just try to find people who are more like me that don't really drink or party.

If a PI falls through and I end up keeping the CP, then I'm going to go with Non-Wellness. I like to drink on occasion and the vast majority of my friends in Florida are at least 21, so it would be a safer bet to stick with Non-Wellness where my 21+ friends and I can drink if we feel like it. I had a blast on my last program when I was 20 and in Wellness with the other 18-20 year old girls, but none of us cared about drinking at home, so it was never an issue. If you're over 21, though, it could be.

Basically, if you ever drink at all or are planning on drinking at all during your program, it's a safer bet to go with Non-Wellness. It's better to have roommates who drink in a legal environment than it is to have them drink in an illegal environment. Remember, just because it's illegal for under 21 year olds to drink doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

If you find roommates you want to be with and have a drinking/non-drinking guideline established, then it doesn't really matter which one you choose to stay in. If anyone is drinking in a Wellness apartment, everyone could get termed; if under 21 year olds are drinking in a Non-Wellness apartment, everyone could get termed. It just all depends on the type of people you're with.

I am going for non wellness, not because I drink a lot or even plan on drinking in my room, but I want the ability to do so if the need/occasion arises.

I'd go with the Non-wellness. Like the others said: Just because alcohol is not allowed in the wellness apartments doesn't mean that someone might get stupid. And it would stink to be held responsible for someone else's lack of brain cells.

Much better to find quiet roommates and go for non-wellness. There's quite a few, I'm sure.

I would go with non-wellness. It doesn't mean that you will get crazy party roommates just because everyone is over 21. In fact, I'd bet Wellness might be worse. Drinking still has that illicit vibe when you are under 21, which makes it more exciting. And you'd risk getting termed with partying wellness roommates.

The only reason I can see going into Wellness is if you have a friend who is under 21 that you specifically want to room with. Otherwise, go with non-wellness. It's safer for everyone.

Just because you're at that age where drinking is prohibited doesn't mean you have to drink. There are many people (21+) who opt to live in wellness.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter