• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Well, the husband got laid off...

lttlmc3

You can ship it, I'll still eat it!
Well, we thought he might. He's been out of work due to his back for a while and it doesn't look like he has an opportunity to go back. On one hand, I'm freaking out because he doesn't have a job to go back to, on the other, I'm glad he can finally get unemployment. Shannon didn't enjoy his company so he is seeing this as an opportunity for growth and transition. I just know how hard its been with him not working due to his back surgery, so I'm nervous as heck.

I feel your pain.

My DH - also named Shannon - got word about a month ago that he's being laid off. It sucks.

I'm sorry!:sad2:

so sorry to hear about the layoffs......how terribly upsetting!!

i hope both your husbands are able to find something soon!!

I've been through it and know what an anxiety filled time a period of unemployment can be. Try to stay positive and know that the bad times always end and better times lie ahead. I hope your husbands find jobs quickly and that there will be new and better opportunities for you. After 18 months of unemployment, my DH and I finally said the he** with it and went to WDW. On the day we returned, he had a job interview and was offered the job 2 days later. I guess we just needed some pixie dust! So here's some pixie dust for you!:wizard:pixiedust:

I'm sorry this happened. I really hope it turns out to be a blessing. It definitely did when my DH was laid off a year ago.

Wow.
Rough with the unemployment. And the back recovery.

I hope that this can be a time to re-group and something good will come along. :flower3:

I'm sorry! My DH was laid off about 3 weeks ago. Thankfully he got an offer from another company last week and he will be starting his new job in a couple of weeks. Good luck to your DH and I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

I lost my job due to budgetary cuts a year ago. I am greatly sorry for those who have lost their jobs. It's tough out there. Just try to keep your hopes up and keep trying. I just recently got hired by another company. It came just in time for me.

It feels good to see those who have been through a lay-off responding so positively. My DH was laid off last month after working for a company for 21 years. Here's some pixie dust to all of us in this situation! pixiedust:

:hug: So sorry he got laid off! My DH got laid off last year. He was all excited about getting to be a stay at home dad while looking for a job. Um, yeah, that lasted about a week! :lmao: He got a job about 6 weeks later but had to live out of town for it. :banana: Finally found a job in town (almost exactly a year later) and started yesterday! All worked out great as I really hated the company he worked for that laid him off and by taking the job out of town was able to get a much better salary with his new job...

pixiedust: That all will be well and soon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter