• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Well, that was less than magical. Any ideas?

WDmommyof4

DIS Veteran
I have never been able to keep our Disney trips a secret. Well, this time I did. We leave Sunday for Disney World. We will already be going to my mom's for four days for Thanksgiving, so our bags will already be packed and no need to explain those. I printed out a scavenger hunt with clues and bought a bunch of personalized items, etc. from the Disney Store on the 14th of November. Today, I called because I still had not receive shipping notification, and there was no way it is getting us in time.

These items were going to be in a box at the end of the treasure hunt for the boys to open and find out we are going to Disney. Any idea what chain might have Disney Pajamas, jackets, blankets etc. that I could go and pick up in person to place in the box instead. I cancelled my order since it wasn't going to make it here in time. Sort of bummed, but want to find a way to make this work.

Target has alot of disney related stuff sometimes. I'm not sure they will have all of that but they probably will have at least some of it.

They do have more in the kids sizes so your older boys may be harder if they are wearing adult sizes now.

Walmart and Target have some Disney stuff. I think Kohls also has random stuff. I'm sure you can find t-shirts in those stores. Do you have a 5 Below store near you? I have seen random Disney stuff there too - more smaller toys. Good luck and I hope the family is super excited!

Target has alot of disney related stuff sometimes. I'm not sure they will have all of that but they probably will have at least some of it.

They do have more in the kids sizes so your older boys may be harder if they are wearing adult sizes now.

Luckily, they are all still in kid's sizes, so that should work. Thanks! I thought I had ordered in plenty of time, but evidently not. Good to know for next time.

Walmart and Target have some Disney stuff. I think Kohls also has random stuff. I'm sure you can find t-shirts in those stores. Do you have a 5 Below store near you? I have seen random Disney stuff there too - more smaller toys. Good luck and I hope the family is super excited!

We don't have that store near us. Will check the others. Thanks, I know they will be, I just had this all planned out in my head and now I have to rewind a bit. :)

Target should be good, I just picked up a bunch of times yesterday.

Also Amazon with prime should get it to you Wednesday if you order in the next few hours.

these are small little items but I really liked them and found them at our local drug store: darn, now my mind went blank and can think of what it is called, but like germx or purell only the bottles were on a clip to hook on a belt loop and had different Disney characters on them. I picked some up for our grandkids trip. Also, was in Toys r us and they had Disney clothes and so did Dillards at the mall.

Also kmart has some stuff...I haven't been there in ages, but forgot shoes for my DS for our weekend trip to DC (long story ha). They seem to have plenty of disney themed items for cheap (including shoes....$10)

I have never been able to keep our Disney trips a secret. Well, this time I did. We leave Sunday for Disney World. We will already be going to my mom's for four days for Thanksgiving, so our bags will already be packed and no need to explain those. I printed out a scavenger hunt with clues and bought a bunch of personalized items, etc. from the Disney Store on the 14th of November. Today, I called because I still had not receive shipping notification, and there was no way it is getting us in time.

These items were going to be in a box at the end of the treasure hunt for the boys to open and find out we are going to Disney. Any idea what chain might have Disney Pajamas, jackets, blankets etc. that I could go and pick up in person to place in the box instead. I cancelled my order since it wasn't going to make it here in time. Sort of bummed, but want to find a way to make this work.

I've had good luck finding kid stuff like that at Walmart and Target.

Definitely Target, and Walmart too. If you're an Amazon Prime member you can ship tons of products in two days, and they've got plenty of disney stuff. If not, though, Walmart is a great and cheap option. :)

I hope you have good luck in finding stuff.

My Disney surprise (not springing the trip but presents to be doled out on the plane) was ruined because the one day my DH and DS beat me home was the day the box was delivered. I walked in the kitchen to see all their surprises spread out on the kitchen table.

I hope you have good luck in finding stuff.

My Disney surprise (not springing the trip but presents to be doled out on the plane) was ruined because the one day my DH and DS beat me home was the day the box was delivered. I walked in the kitchen to see all their surprises spread out on the kitchen table.

Wow! Did you have a talk with the kids about not opening mail not addressed to them.

ETA I see one of them was your husband. I guess he might get a pass depending upon how you've handled these things in the past.

Wow! Did you have a talk with the kids about not opening mail not addressed to them.

ETA I see one of them was your husband. I guess he might get a pass depending upon how you've handled these things in the past.

Oh my DH.....yes, he gets a pass. The way his mind works, he would just assume that any Disney box was to be opened prior to the trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter