Well that was a bust!

DISNEY1975

DIS Veteran
Im going to Disney for 1 night. Wasnt in my original plan, but extended our FL trip one day and decided to go to MK. It was my lucky day when they announced Boo Bash dates and one fell the very night we'll be there!

So...today is my "60". I needed 3 ressies. We'll be staying at the Contemporary and need to check out by 9am to head to the airport

I wanted

Crystal Palace breakfast
The Plaza 4pm dinner
Chef Mickeys breakfast (7:30ish) or the Wave

I got...

Ohana breakfast
The Plaza 5:10 (will have to rush to get back to hotel to change for Boo Bash)
Kona breakfast

No availability at the Contemp for breakfast on departure day :( I then tried to switch to the Poly, but no availability for the one night we'll be there.

This is strange to me as Im very used to getting everything I want on my 180+10 :) Spoiled me is disappointed, but will get over it...............eventually :)

Crystal palace doesn't have breakfast right now. They open at 11:30 for lunch (and it's not a buffet.). Also the Wave is closing on 7/16 for an extended refurbishment, which would be why that's not available 60 days out. I am surprised you couldn't get the Plaza for 4ish though! Chef Mickey's is in high demand with few character meals available currently.

We were there 06/04-06/14. From what I saw on the ADR app, I could say with almost 100% certainty that you will find Wave reservation availability in the few days leading up to your dining day, even if you are looking for a nearly specific time. That was the one place that had breakfast availability almost every morning.

We were there 06/04-06/14. From what I saw on the ADR app, I could say with almost 100% certainty that you will find Wave reservation availability in the few days leading up to your dining day, even if you are looking for a nearly specific time. That was the one place that had breakfast availability almost every morning.

The Wave might not be open at all when they're going. It closes on 7/16 for refurbishment. No end date given yet, just "in time for the 50th".

I’ve seen Chef Mickey’s available for walk-ups quite often this week, so I would keep checking, even day-of.

I currently have a Kona reservation for 7:30am. We dont have any wiggle room as we need to leave by 9am for our 11:20 flight (also return the car). I could wait, but would be charged at Kona's if we no show. Im almost tempted to cancel now and just plan on Contempo if Chef Mickey's isnt available. I dont know what to do!! I guess Ill keep checking online and if nothing comes up, Ill make a decision a week or so before.

I’m not sure 9am gives you enough time to drive to airport and make it through security for your 11:20 flight. Remember you can not board up to 11:20. Usually close boarding 15 min before take off time. My longest waits in security lines have always been in Orlando.

I’m not sure 9am gives you enough time to drive to airport and make it through security for your 11:20 flight. Remember you can not board up to 11:20. Usually close boarding 15 min before take off time. My longest waits in security lines have always been in Orlando.

with tsa pre-check, arriving to the airport 1 hour and 35 minutes before the flight is plenty of time. Even without pre-check, it’s enough time. The biggest problem with magical express was being forced to leave the resort a ridiculous 3 hours before flight time.

I agree. That is just too tight to get through the airport. 30 minutes to drive to the airport, 15-20 minutes to return the car, leaving only an hour or so to get through the airport (TSA, ride the fauxrail, find the gate, pre-plan bathroom visit, etc...). I got TSA precheck after nearly missing my flight from MCO due to a 1.5 hour TSA security line (and that was with DME picking me up 3 hours before my flight). Many around me were going to miss their flights that cut it closer than I did. It was a major mess. I like to get there early so I can be more calm before I get on the plane. If I am early, I will walk up and down the terminal for awhile just to stretch my legs before a long flight.

with tsa pre-check, arriving to the airport 1 hour and 35 minutes before the flight is plenty of time. Even without pre-check, it’s enough time. The biggest problem with magical express was being forced to leave the resort a ridiculous 3 hours before flight time.

I've encountered not being allowed through pre-check, even though I'm certified and my boarding pass has it on it twice at Orlando. Do NOT count on it actually being available there if you're tight on time.

I've encountered not being allowed through pre-check, even though I'm certified and my boarding pass has it on it twice at Orlando. Do NOT count on it actually being available there if you're tight on time.

Why did they not let you in?

Last edited:
I currently have a Kona reservation for 7:30am. We dont have any wiggle room as we need to leave by 9am for our 11:20 flight (also return the car). I could wait, but would be charged at Kona's if we no show. Im almost tempted to cancel now and just plan on Contempo if Chef Mickey's isnt available. I dont know what to do!! I guess Ill keep checking online and if nothing comes up, Ill make a decision a week or so before.

You can always modify your Kona reservation to a later date and then cancel to avoid the no-show fee.

many did they not let you in?

They sometimes do this for security, especially if you are a lone traveller. I have also not gotten it when it disappeared from my American Airlines account. I had to call my husband to give me the number. I snuck into the elite/special/platinum queue which was empty, and they corrected it. Also, sometimes they just don't open up pre-check at some airports, especially during slow times..

They sometimes do this for security, especially if you are a lone traveller. I have also not gotten it when it disappeared from my American Airlines account. I had to call my husband to give me the number. I snuck into the elite/special/platinum queue which was empty, and they corrected it. Also, sometimes they just don't open up pre-check at some airports, especially during slow times..

I am a lone traveler on at least 150 flights per year. I have never been turned away when pre-check was printed on my boarding pass ever. Occasionally they do not grant pre-check to a passenger for a specific flight (this has happened to me twice that I can remember), but in that case, pre-check is not printed on the boarding pass. They actually do not "sometimes do this for security" if this means not let you in the pre-check line when you have pre-check.

I am a loan traveler on at least 150 flights per year. I have never been turned away when pre-check was printed on my boarding pass ever. Occasionally they do not grant pre-check to a passenger for a specific flight (this has happened to me twice that I can remember), but in that case, pre-check is not printed on the boarding pass. They actually do not "sometimes do this for security" if this means not let you in the pre-check line when you have pre-check.

I am saying it's not printed on the boarding pass sometimes for security reasons, possibly randomly, but people have noticed it more as single travelers. Don't get all huffy.

I am saying it's not printed on the boarding pass sometimes for security reasons, possibly randomly, but people have noticed it more as single travelers. Don't get all huffy.

The earlier poster said he/she was not allowed to enter precheck when she/he had precheck printed on the boarding pass. I asked why and then you responded saying "they do this sometimes" when they actually don't.

Im going to Disney for 1 night. Wasnt in my original plan, but extended our FL trip one day and decided to go to MK. It was my lucky day when they announced Boo Bash dates and one fell the very night we'll be there!

So...today is my "60". I needed 3 ressies. We'll be staying at the Contemporary and need to check out by 9am to head to the airport

I wanted

Crystal Palace breakfast
The Plaza 4pm dinner
Chef Mickeys breakfast (7:30ish) or the Wave

I got...

Ohana breakfast
The Plaza 5:10 (will have to rush to get back to hotel to change for Boo Bash)
Kona breakfast

No availability at the Contemp for breakfast on departure day :( I then tried to switch to the Poly, but no availability for the one night we'll be there.

This is strange to me as Im very used to getting everything I want on my 180+10 :) Spoiled me is disappointed, but will get over it...............eventually :)
For the Plaza, check-in early (like go to the Podium) and see if they can get you in early...they most likely can, especially at that time. We've had luck with that in the past.

We totally agree. After the first trip or 2 on ME, we started giving them flight info. for 45 mins. after our real flight because no one wanted to just sit around at MCO for the extremely long time. Even with a flight time of 45 mins. past our actual; we've always had enough time to get through everything, grab something and sit down to eat and still be waiting at the gate for boarding to start. I think leaving at 9 from Disney for an 11:20 flight will be fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter