well my 1st trip as a DVC member already had some of the magic taken out of it

MonkeyPants

DIS Veteran
I leave in about 40 days (give or take a day) It was going to be myself, one of my sisters, my mom and my nephew (soon to be 4 yr old). Unfortunately it shall now only be myself and my sister. My nephew loves halloween and disney (just like me ;) ) but unfortunately circumstance have chanegd and he wont be able to go :guilty: (luckily we hadnt told him he was going or he'd be crushed now) We'll try again (with more of the family next october) but this year it'll be just my sister and I again..and while I know I will have fun (last year was the 1st time we went to MNSSHP and loved it) I'd been anticipating this trip especially because I was going to take the little guy and can't help but feel like someone just swiped my pixie dust!!!!

Sorry about your disappointment. We were bringing our 16 year old son to MNSSHP this year. We went last year, and we knew he would get a kick out of it. But he is in the fall play and can't make it. We are disappointed also.

rigsby25 said:
We were bringing our 16 year old son to MNSSHP this year. We went last year, and we knew he would get a kick out of it.

Rigsby, sorry that your son won't be able to make the trip with you. I must say that I'm impressed that your 16 year old still wants to go. We have a son who is 17 1/2 and he has not wanted to go to WDW with us the last few years even though we've made it a point to do cool things like the surfing lessons at Typhoon Lagoon, Cirque, and the Segway tour in Epcot. We keep telling ourselves it's a phase and that at some point, he'll "see the light" and will want to go again!! Aahhh, those teenage years...

What a shame the little guy can't make it! Look on the bright side...it just gives you reasons to keep going until he can finally come too. :goodvibes

RuthnPaul said:
Rigsby, sorry that your son won't be able to make the trip with you. I must say that I'm impressed that your 16 year old still wants to go. We have a son who is 17 1/2 and he has not wanted to go to WDW with us the last few years even though we've made it a point to do cool things like the surfing lessons at Typhoon Lagoon, Cirque, and the Segway tour in Epcot. We keep telling ourselves it's a phase and that at some point, he'll "see the light" and will want to go again!! Aahhh, those teenage years...

You are not alone. We ran into this with 2 older DSs.

We were happy that oldest asked for a DVC/BWV honeymoon in Jan. (he is regaining his senses;) ).

sorry to the op, hope you have better luck next time.

calypso*a*go-go said:
What a shame the little guy can't make it! Look on the bright side...it just gives you reasons to keep going until he can finally come too. :goodvibes

:rotfl: like I need more reasons :rotfl: I am counting down til this trip...and the day I head back to work I know I am only 80 days away from my next trip

I'm sorry this has happened to you and your nephew. I hope things work out better next time.

I can imagine how disappointing this development is to you. We've taken our nieces to WDW (stayed at VWL) and on a Disney Cruise without their Mom and Dad and I believe it was among the best vacations we've ever taken. I can't imagine how disappointing and painful it would have been if at the last minute something had come up to prevent them from traveling with us.

I hope you still have a nice time, and can look forward to when your nephew can join you! I'm sorry for your disappointment.
Bobbi

oh I hve no doubt I will have fun. However I have been down to WDW twice before with him and it makes the trip even more fun, seeing the magic through the little guys eyes makes me love WDW even more

RuthnPaul said:

I think you mean... AARRGG!, those teenage years.... Been there too. Only time will tell. Sometimes it works out... sometimes it doesn't. We had one of each.

So sorry to hear you lost a little magic for your upcoming vacation. there is nothing like watching the expressions of little ones in WDW.
I have one that is potty training and getting molars....very cranky. Want to borrow her? JK ;) oh, but I better come along...trust me you would need help!!lol

Too bad, MonkeyPants! But things will be just fine, my sister and I are actually planning a trip for just the two of us, we LOVE Disneyworld!! You just have to create the pixie dust for yourself :bitelip:

A suggestion: why not indulge a bit more, give your vacation a theme. Make it a sisters bonding trip and get a massage, go on all the rides together, squeal like you're kids again!

MonkeyPants said:
someone just swiped my pixie dust!!!!

Actually (with DVC) it just moved from your front pocket to your back pocket. pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter