Well, it's happening, can't get VWL or BCV at 7month window, and I own at both!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeresaNJ

Magic Begins With Me
It's my own fault for not planning properly. I have two studios booked at the BCV for Oct 22-28, one for my daughter and her bf, and one for my sister and her friend, and one studio booked at VWL for the same time for my son and his gf. I need a two-bedroom also, but had to wait for the seventh month window for the points to be available to book at BCV as I was borrowing from VWL, but I stupidly did not book day by day. Now it isn't available at either resort, BUT OF COURSE I COULD ALWAYS BOOK AT SSR!!!!! I am really angry right now and I'm just venting. I told the castmember it must be all the SSR people booking at the 7month window, and she gave me some BS about how it's the F&W Festival, yada yada yada. Yea, I know, but this is the first time in five years that I've had a problem booking VWL or BCV at the 7month window. Oh well, live and learn.

TeresaNJ said:
I told the castmember it must be all the SSR people booking at the 7month window, and she gave me some BS about how it's the F&W Festival, yada yada yada.

the castmember is right, the F&W Fest is sooo popular right now with DVC members that you really do have to book at the 11 momth window if you own at BCV or BWV.I would just give SSR a try, you might just like the resort.

I guess I'll have to do that. It's not that I don't like SSR, I just didn't want us all to be split up between three resorts. Honestly, I've booked October for the F&W festival for the last 5 years at either the VWL or the BCV around the 7month window and never had a problem getting it. Well, I'll never wait again if that's where I really want to stay. :confused3

Could it also be BCV owners booking multiple reservations during the priority window? I certainly wouldn't blame the lack of availability solely on the owners at SSR. Some folks book multiple stays at their home resort and cancel at the last minute, or rent them out.

SSR bashing is unproductive, and frankly, tiresome.

I know you said you didn't want the family in three different resorts, but did you check at BWV? It's right across from BCV, so it's not like you'd be too far away from your daughter and sister.

You know, it's POSSIBLE...

Just MAYBE...

That the reason that there are rooms at SSR and not at VWL or BCV is because SSR is much larger, so will take longer to fill up?

I don't understand why it's such a shock that the smallest resorts are the ones that are full earliest.

Obviously Groucho that makes sense. I'm just surprised that at exactly 7months out I can't get into VWL or BCV when I've NEVER had a problem for the past five years, that's all I'm saying.

TeresaNJ said:
It's my own fault for not planning properly. I have two studios booked at the BCV for Oct 22-28, one for my daughter and her bf, and one for my sister and her friend, and one studio booked at VWL for the same time for my son and his gf. I need a two-bedroom also, but had to wait for the seventh month window for the points to be available to book at BCV as I was borrowing from VWL, but I stupidly did not book day by day. Now it isn't available at either resort, BUT OF COURSE I COULD ALWAYS BOOK AT SSR!!!!! I am really angry right now and I'm just venting. I told the castmember it must be all the SSR people booking at the 7month window, and she gave me some BS about how it's the F&W Festival, yada yada yada. Yea, I know, but this is the first time in five years that I've had a problem booking VWL or BCV at the 7month window. Oh well, live and learn.

YOU did plan poorly. If you didn't want to split up, why is half your party already at BCV and half at VWL??? Why are you shocked you cannot get an EPCOT resort during the F&W at 7 months. Sorry about the "SSR" people taking up your spot. Next time plan at the 11th window with the points you are entitled to at the resorts you are entitled to, eitherwise live with it. Sorry if I sound harsh, but frankly this type of post is getting wearisome.

pplasky said:
YOU did plan poorly. If you didn't want to split up, why is half your party already at BCV and half at VWL??? Why are you shocked you cannot get an EPCOT resort during the F&W at 7 months. Sorry about the "SSR" people taking up your spot. Next time plan at the 11th window with the points you are entitled to at the resorts you are entitled to, eitherwise live with it. Sorry if I sound harsh, but frankly this type of post is getting wearisome.

Yes, pplasky, I did plan poorly. I'm shocked that I cannot get into an Epcot resort for the F&W at the 7 month window because I never had a problem until this year.

Also, half our party is split because that is how they wanted it. Some wanted to stay at VWL while others wanted to stay at BCV. It was purposely booked that way. :)

pplasky said:
Sorry if I sound harsh, but frankly this type of post is getting wearisome.

Yep, the sky is falling again. :rolleyes: Sorry to say it, but the DVC boards are starting to suck b/c of all this SSR bashing. I used to love to come over here every day to see the new happenings, but now I stay more on the weddings and community boards b/c there is less drama. Obviously, when I came back to check today...the SSR phase isn't over yet.

Good day :wave2:

Last year at 8 months I had to waitlist for part of my Oct days at BCV which were right about the same time you are going..... I learned. This year I did it at about 10 months. (I am not good at counting) Got what I wanted without a problem. (My waitlist did clear without any problem)

Chuck S said:
Could it also be BCV owners booking multiple reservations during the priority window? I certainly wouldn't blame the lack of availability solely on the owners at SSR. Some folks book multiple stays at their home resort and cancel at the last minute, or rent them out.

SSR bashing is unproductive, and frankly, tiresome.

:thumbsup2 ITA. Since when has someones POOR planning on their part become SSR DVC owners fault! Actually, I have had enough. Some of these people are acting like 2 year olds in full blown temper tantrums. :sad2:

You probably should have tried a day by day, then you would have been on an equal footing with the non-BCV members.

At 10 1/2 months out I had to waitlist for a SV studio BWV for 10/22, so I think it IS the F&W. That waitlist came through, and I'm guessing that if you get on the waitlist right now, the BCV 2 bedroom will open up for you.

Bobbi :)

With all the talk of how aweful SSR is its no wonder that nobody wants to book there. It does seem however that that is changing, there is another thread on here started by a SSR owner that has many many good things to be said about SSR by many diffrent posters. My guess is that as people are being "forced" to stay in the evil SSR they will see that is a good place to stay and that it will become a desired place to stay. Its so evil I just purchased another 130 pts there yesterday by the way! :woohoo:

If the rumors do come to pass, and I even spoke to a guide that had heard the rumblings on the disney end of things that the contemparary will have DVC options soon than we will have another resort on top of a park that all the people that MUST be on top of a park to have a good time can book. :banana:

The more years I spend going to Disney the more I am appreciating being away from the parks when not in them . Im sure that others feel that way and if not yet may in the years to come. :sunny:

SSR is a very nice resort and if given a chance will be just as loved as all the rest. :love:

As for the epcot resorts being booked right away for the food and wine fest, well sure , they are right next to the reason you may be going at this time. Another thing to take into account is that im sure Disney sits on resales from time to time, if they have sold more resales that were not active for a bit that too will bring a bigger influx of people into the resorts that may have been dormant for a while. The populatrity of the even has grown too, as with most succesful events, perhaps more rentals are occuring as well! :confused3

This too shall pass, and everybody will have a new resprt to complain about soon enough im sure, than the SSR soap opera will be a thing of the past! :cool1:

DVC Sadie said:
:thumbsup2 ITA. Since when has someones POOR planning on their part become SSR DVC owners fault! Actually, I have had enough. Some of these people are acting like 2 year olds in full blown temper tantrums. :sad2:
Thank You Sadie.......Someone has finally stated the obvious.

I feel your pain, TheresaNJ!!!
I spaced last week, and instead of booking Presidents' Day 2007 day-by-day, I only realized later in the week that I needed to book it all. And then I find that all fo the BWV Std View 2BRs for the Sun, Mon & Tues nites of that week are all booked: all this at 11 months minus 2 days! Ouch!!! I still managed to book the weekend nights and the Weds, but I am waitlisted now for the Sun, Mon and Tues nights.

Of course this is not your situation, since in this case it's alll BWV owners booking at 11 months. The CM assured me that they would very likely come thru, but I booked a BW view as a backup (I know, nice backup, isn't it).

We're skipping F&WF this year :sad1: but I am hoping to be back for it in '07. So I am hoping that our BWV ressies clear up before November so we can free up those points for 11 month ressies.

Good luck, TheresaNJ. I too would be disappointed with MS losing two studio nights my party needed. I hope the BCV portion of the party is reunited via the waitlist soon. :goodvibes

To the OP - sorry to hear about your situation; it might be a blessing in disguise, as I've read many trip reports where the author ended up wishing that his/her family was at another resort! ;)

Keep in mind, however, that this is one case where the size of SSR is not an issue, just the total number of DVC owers; even if they'd built 3 resorts each 1/3 the size of SSR, F&W is popular, and at 7 months a point is a point is a point....

As for dvcmember#13's delightful post, let's review:

First post on DIS: Yes
Only post on DIS: Yes
Joined DIS just to make this post: Yes
Generic, dead-horse-beating SSR bashing: Yes
We have a system were the largest resort is the least popular. [...]As it stands now when people call member services and request a room, SS is quite often the last choice.

I'm thinking :scratchin TROLL....

IMHO - YMMV - Be well

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter