Well I'm off to Philly on Thurs morning! If anyone wants to....

Bazaar Pretzels are still available! It's now called Bernie's Pretzels and they are down Springfield Rd in the Penn Pines Shopping Center. Our local deli sells them and we have them for lunch in our office every Monday. Lots of local places sell them and ADVERTISE "Bernie's Pretzels".

LOVE Nifty Fifties.

Palm Beach Swim Club was on Woodland Ave (420) and Baltimore Pike. Catty Corner from the old Strawbridge's, which is now Target. Incidentally, that Target shopping center now boasts the area's FIRST Krispy Kreme!!!

Bonner and Prendie (Short for Archbiship Prendergast) ARE Catholic private schools. Also know as parochial schools.

Creampuffs....Farmer Dick Barone??? My cubicle mate lived 20+ years in Springfield and she has come up with some of these!

Farmer Dick Barone! What a hoot! I also remember the creampuff reference, but don't remember who made it!

I'll be up that way too, either over Thanksgiving or Christmas, we can't decided which yet. All of our families are still living up there.

Hey Val, ask your DH if he remembers the hamburger stand that was shaped and painted to look like a giant hamburger. It was right down the road from Cardinal O'Hara, I don't remember the name of it though.

Yes, yes!!! Farmer Dick Barone! Sorry if I confused anyone - they referred to their used cars as "creampuffs" - they didn't actually have the food-type.

I can't wait until DH gets home from work so I can read this thread to him!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter