Well I messed up : /

jubelee1872000

Mouseketeer
I booked a trip for my mom and I for her 70th birthday, it will be Nov 2nd to 5th. I didn’t realize that Halloween Horror nights would still be going on and US will close at 5pm. That’s a big ole’ chunk of hours of missed park time. Has anyone done it all in two days on Halloween horror nights weekends? And not done the extra ticketed event?

We’re running into a similar situation. We’re staying one night at a premier resort, so the express pass will definitely help. Hope it works out for you.

They added the dates after Halloween after the fact, just a few weeks ago. Throws off planning for sure.

It depends on what you mean by doing "it all." You should be able to hit the highlights and explore some. If you want to do every single ride, watch shows, and spend time relaxing mid-day at the hotel, that'll be real tough. You can probably do park open to close, with a long lunch, then hop to Islands or enjoy the pool after close, and be able to do most things. Islands will be open longer, only US closes at 5pm.

You can get so much more done in the early morning hours at Universal. Is your mom a morning person? If she is a morning person you should be fine.You said it was your moms 70th birthday. Does she still go open to close in the theme parks? (much respect if she does!) I’m not even 50 yet and won’t push myself to stay open-close if we are going multiple days.

You can definitely see and ride everything you want at the two parks in 3 days with early entry to 5pm. Islands will still be open just a little more crowded. Just keep up with the show times for the shows you want to see in Studios to make sure you get those in early in the day.

You can still get much done even when HHN closes the park early. Also the other park will be open. Most times they leave the other park open while HHN is going on. I went and looked at the times for IOA and on the weekends it could be open until 8 or 9. I go over there and watch the Harry Potter show when HHN is on I would check the times on the website

The early close is only for US. On those nights, IOA will be open as usual, though it can get a bit crowded as people without HHN ticket migrate over.

Your OP doesn't say if you will have express passes, but if so, you should have no trouble. Just plan to get the things you want to do/see in Studios done earlier in the day, and plan to be in IoA in the evenings.

My first trip to UO was under similar conditions in early November 2017. The difference was that I was a total newbie, and was taken by surprise when US closed and a huge wave of people started showing up in the late afternoon.

I booked a trip for my mom and I for her 70th birthday, it will be Nov 2nd to 5th. I didn’t realize that Halloween Horror nights would still be going on and US will close at 5pm. That’s a big ole’ chunk of hours of missed park time. Has anyone done it all in two days on Halloween horror nights weekends? And not done the extra ticketed event?
Just wanted to say sorry this happened to you! I hate it when last minute changes screw up my plans (I am arriving on Nov 5 so will just miss it all). The parks tend to close somewhat early that time of year any way, take advantage of the mornings and you should be OK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter