Well I broke down and ordered Peter Pan costume for DS

Rock'n Robin

Disney Queen
DS has been waffling between Peter Pan and Spiderman. Since DD#2 has a genie costume from dance and DD#1 is on her own (come on, when I was 11 I came up with my own ideas) I figured I could get buy him a new one. The last two years he has been Buzz, and then Woody.
In all honesty DS is small for his age (5) and wears glasses. Being the overprotective mom, I wanted to get him the more "butch" spiderman costume instead of risking ridicule with Peter Pan. Hey no flames, I love PP, but I didn't want the older boys making fun of him during the costume parade.
However, his school is really pushing their "fall festival' (they have stopped mentioning the "H" word) this year and really emphasizing storybook characters. The newsletter I got today suggested Bunnicula, Stellaluna, animals, dancers and other artists, Wild Things from Where the Wild Things Are, caterpillars, butterflies, etc. Now I don't know about where you live, but here the main costumes for sale are NOT "storybook characters", and I don't sew at all.
And there have been several mentions that "costumes that suggest violence are discouraged", as opposed to the usual straightforward "No guns or knives or blood". I'm taking that as any character that may mean any violence is not good.
So I gave in to DS, and to the current PC mood of the school, and ordered Peter Pan. I am also taking a personal day to work the "Halloween" party like I always do (wonder if I'll be allowed in with my Halloween sweater?) and if one other little boy says a word to DS I'll blow a gasket.
Just one thing--every year some older boys (4th or 5th grade) dress in drag--what "storybook" will that be?
;)
Robin M.

Originally posted by Rock'n Robin
And there have been several mentions that "costumes that suggest violence are discouraged", as opposed to the usual straightforward "No guns or knives or blood". I'm taking that as any character that may mean any violence is not good.
So I gave in to DS, and to the current PC mood of the school, and ordered Peter Pan.
Does this mean Captain Hook is out, too? ;)

At least they still let the kids dress up. We must ignore the fact that the day even exists. Let's just shut down any chance for creativity or imagination....

Sounds cute... and as for the older kids dressing in drag.. hmm...

I'm sure there is something obscure somewhere on that one.

Bunnicula, Stellaluna.. come on... I can't sew eother. I guess be glad no one is going as Captain Underpants.. that would be BAD!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter