Well done Pete...and welcome back..

peanut1967

DIS Veteran
It must have been hard to go back....but we have to go back to go forward...really proud of you, keep up the good work!

Ax

Good to have you back Pete!
Proud of you!
I'm sure you have lots of support from the DIS and all of us in the UK.

Pete, please keep on keeping on... It's so good to hear you back again. We all appreciate your honesty and openness.

:) Chris

Welcome Home Pete, I missed your Rants, And the Prizemictron Im Praying for you Hope all goes well soon:woohoo: :worship: :yay:

Welcome back Pete!

Thank you for being so honest. We're all here for support and virtual hugs :hug:

They have Saks 5th Ave. in Minneapolis?! :eek: :goodvibes :thumbsup2

Pete, the one thing I have learned with the situation with my husband (he put himself in a phsychiatric treatment facility and it was determined he was bi-polar less than two months ago) is that it takes strength and courage to admit there is a problem and then seeking help. I know that they are different situations, but at the core it is being the amazing type of person to seek help. So many people don't do that. I'm proud of you for being a person like that. Thank you for trusting us with such personal information and thank you for being an example of strength to so many of us. Glad to have you back.

You show great strength in how you're dealing with your life Pete. Good for you. :thumbsup2 Glad your back. :goodvibes

I haven't posted around here in a while but I'm still listening and today's show made me come back to say that I think you are such a brave person Pete!

To talk about your issue on the show today took guts and you could be helping a listener somewhere around the world face their own issues, whatever that may be. Coming from a person who has a tendancy to want to "close her eyes" at issues like that in my life.... I want to say thank you for being so honest!

good to hear your voice again!

Welcome home Pete!! You have certainly been missed...

And you're in my thoughts...:hug:

I don't usually post on in this forum, but I had to say welcome back Pete and best wishes. As a person who has similar issues in our family (father, mother-in-law an I suspect my brother) your openess and willingness to seek help give me hope and I bet will give other courage too. Thank you.

Good job Pete!! You're doing exactly what you need to do. I think I'll look into this for my brother. Seems he has some similar (okay, probably exactly the same) issues. Nothing has worked yet. You give hope to others. Thanks for letting us know...that took guts.

Good Job Pete. We have been down this road with my brother for the last 30 years. Very hard but totally worthwhile. *huge pat on the back* We missed you VERY much!!!

Welcome back, Pete! Good for you for taking that big step. And welcome to MN. If you are interested in the theater I hope you will have a chance to check out a Kevin Kling show while you are here. If you haven't seen him before you are in for a treat and if you have you know what I mean already. He tells a story in a way that just grabs you and makes you smile, laugh, tear up. As far as living in MN, I think it will be the cold that gets you before the snow. I look forward to that rant in the future. :)

Welcome back Pete!!!

You were missed but we are all glad to hear you are taking care of yourself. You have a great team behind you so take care of yourself.. it must have taken alot to go back but kudos to everyone for standing behind you!! Just keep swiming!!

A very few people on the board know I had a situation a little over a month ago where my sister was hospitalized because she had been drinking *heavily* for over three weeks and we were basically told that we needed to come say goodbye as her organs were shutting down. We rushed to her side and prayed for a miracle. There were so many things left unsaid and we just wanted the chance to tell her we love her. After a few days she started to improve slightly...and then a little better...and now she has been released to a rehabilitative hospital. Her pancreas is damaged beyond repair, they are having difficulty getting her blood sugar under control, she has to use a wheelchair, and is completely incontinent. She will never have the quality of life that she did prior to this last binge. We know she doesn't drink to hurt us...but it doesn't take away the fact that it does. Her alcoholism has torn our family apart for years now.

So dear Pete -- thank you for being proactive and taking control of your life. Your family will love you for it...so will your body (and did I mention your fans?)!!!

Welcome back Pete!!

It takes a very strong and secure person to seek out help when needed so my hat goes off to you! I wish you the best of luck and Pixie Dust in your healthy journey. :grouphug:

Hugs to you too Calypso!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter