Welcome to the WISH Biggest Loser 7 Challenge

It's freezing down here in Illinois too! No outdoor walking here.

My husband is from Oconomowoc and went to school is Madison. (I'm an Illini girl, but we make it work).

I can't wait until it warms up so we can get off the treadmill and get outside!

I used Giada De Laurentiis' recipe from Food Network. I did add the pasta, but I probably won't the next time. I don't think it adds anything. I also thought it was a little bland, so I added about 1T of cumin to it. I liked Alton Brown's recipe (which follows) a lot better, although I can't find "grains of paradise" anywhere!

Lentil Soup

Recipe courtesy Giada De Laurentiis
Prep Time:10 minInactive Prep Time: hr minCook Time:1 hr 0 min Level:Easy Serves:6 servings
Ingredients

2 tablespoons olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
1 medium onion, chopped
2 carrots, peeled and chopped
2 celery stalks, chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 (14 1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes
1 pound lentils (approximately 1 1/4 cups)
11 cups low-salt chicken broth
4 to 6 fresh thyme sprigs
2/3 cup dried elbow pasta
1 cup shredded Parmesan Directions

Heat the oil in a heavy large pot over medium heat. Add the onion, carrots, and celery. Add the garlic, salt, and pepper and saute until all the vegetables are tender, about 5 to 8 minutes. Add the tomatoes with their juices. Simmer until the juices evaporate a little and the tomatoes break down, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes. Add the lentils and mix to coat. Add the broth and stir. Add the thyme sprigs. Bring to a boil over high heat. Cover and simmer over low heat until the lentils are almost tender, about 30 minutes.

Stir in the pasta. Simmer until the pasta is tender but still firm to the bite, about 8 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.

Ladle the soup into bowls. Sprinkle with the Parmesan, drizzle with olive oil, and serve.

Lentil Soup

Recipe courtesy Alton Brown, 2006
Prep Time:30 minInactive Prep Time: hr minCook Time:45 min Level:
Serves:6 to 8 servings
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup finely chopped onion
1/2 cup finely chopped carrot
1/2 cup finely chopped celery
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 pound lentils, picked and rinsed
1 cup peeled and chopped tomatoes
2 quarts chicken or vegetable broth
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground coriander
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground toasted cumin
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground grains of paradise

Place the olive oil into a large 6-quart Dutch oven and set over medium heat. Once hot, add the onion, carrot, celery and salt and sweat until the onions are translucent, approximately 6 to 7 minutes. Add the lentils, tomatoes, broth, coriander, cumin and grains of paradise and stir to combine. Increase the heat to high and bring just to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover and cook at a low simmer until the lentils are tender, approximately 35 to 40 minutes. Using a stick blender, puree to your preferred consistency. Serve immediately.

I'm going for a 1/2 marathon in 25 states. :eek:
How many have you done so far, and where? I think that is a great goal!:thumbsup2

I am getting fustrated. The scale seems to be going to wrong way.:confused3

I am doing low carb and sticking to plan. For those that have done it before my pee sticks are dark purple. I dont know wht is going on.
I don't know about the pee sticks, but hang in there and keep going, your body is just being stubborn and "testing" you, keep going and you will see the results! as long as you are buring more calories than taking in, your body will soon reward you with a downward turn on the scale!:flower3:

I finally got some exercise in today!!! Took a 3 mile walk with co-workers!! :thumbsup2 Now that I have started it'll have to continue, right?? LOL!

It is -20 to -30 degree windchill now, I can't even imaging doing a 3 mile walk!:cold: Good for you for getting out there.

Wednesday's QOTD: What is your motivation to lose the weight?

I got a promotion at work.

When I make it to my goal of 145-150 lbs. I will go shopping and buy me a whole new wardrobe to look more the part of 'the boss lady'.
Congrats on the promotion!:thumbsup2 That is a great reward you have set up for reaching goal.

The best one is Omron - It's not like the others. It allows you to put it in your pocket - its way more acurate than the kinds that click. It works of a different technology.

In the past the "cheaper" pedometers I have had have not worked... AT ALL! I figured it was because of my pooh sized tummy that it couldn't accurately bounce to mark the steps. Would this problem be eliminated with the Omron? I am willing to try it, but would like more info. Can you explain the different technology it works on? Does it have to go in a pocket? Can it be clipped to your hip, what if your body has extra rolls?:rolleyes:

Wednesday's QOTD: What is your motivation to lose the weight?

To finally be able to live.
I have been hiding behind this weight for so many years I have lost count. I really want to lose the weight so that I can do all the things I havent done in so so long..
like wear a bathing suit and
swim in a pool again
learn how to ride a bike (yeah I know)
walk on the beach in the summer without wearing jeans
things I should do..things that I want to do but have been holding back out of doing with thoughts on what I will look like..etc
fluffernutter; (off topic, how did you pic your DIS name... I love it!)
Your motivations really resinated with me. I have done the same for so long, but this past year I started TaeKwonDo and it has given me so much courage that you can believe. I have done things that I NEVER would have done before. I actually competed in a TKD competition, against very fit people and I WON! The point of this, is to PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE step out of your comfort zone, if even for one of the moments that you have been denying yourself, it will make you much happier, and enjoy your life more. I don't even know how to put it into words, but the denying yourself is robbing you of things you could be enjoying right now. Darn everyone else who might think or judge you... this is the ONLY January 15th 2009 you will ever have, don't waste it, don't waste another day on "when I loose weight" because you are wishing your days away. I HAVE BEEN THERE, and still have same issues, so I completely get what you are going through. I know it is a motivation, but I guess I am trying to say, live each moment you can, you are a special person and deserve to live each day to the fullest.:hug:

First the good news: I weighed in yesterday at WW and am down 1 lb! I

I've had a rather "productive" day: I made two kids cry, jammed a printer and a copier multiple times, got told that nobody in town is hiring, missed my walk, went to take a bath and had the hot water get stuck in the on position, and was subsequently without water for over an hour and did not get to cook!
First congrats on the weight loss!
Second... I don't even want to imagine an "unproductive day"!:rotfl:

I just wanted to brag about a small victory today. We have goodies brought in by drug reps pretty often. Usually I manage to eat them. Anyway, today there were cookies brought this morning and snack size candy bars brought this afternoon. I did not eat either!
congrats on winning this temptation!
Wednesday QOTD:

Also, DH and I have a deal when I get to my goal he will stop dipping. B/c I want OH SOOOO badly for him to stop. I think it's so gross!!!

What is dipping? is that chewing tobacco? How awesome that you guys are supporting each other with healthy goals.

My motivation is that Dh and I are trying to start a family and I want to be a healthy, skinnier host for my baby and a more energetic mommy! :goodvibes

I have to brag a little too. I have a challenge for myself that includes not eating out for lunch. Well, I went out w/ my coworkers monday, meaning no money this week. But today they wanted to go out again. They were being pretty high pressure too! :sad2: I told them that I was Not eating out and that they could go without me. They did go and I stayed at work and ate my lunch from home.

Good wishes sending your way for the baby watch. Have fun "trying"!:thumbsup2

And congrats too for getting past the temptation and the high pressure tactics. Now that you conquered that once, hopefully your coworkers will understand "no means no", and support you. But watch out if the pressure gets worse, alot of people are intimidated by close friends making positive changes. The pressure tactics might increase, hold your own.
Today is my birthday
Happy birthday!!!:bday:

This week has not been a good one for me. I ate chocolate and I really pigged out at my bible study breakfast yesterday. I weighed myself this morning and I have not lost a single pound since last Friday.:sad2: I'm so mad at myself!

Don't get mad... get even! ;) today is another day, keep fighting the fight and work on evening out the extra calories with extra exercise or movement. You can do it, don't give up.

Vija- you have to record what you eat on the bodybugg website, then you download the info from the armband and it calculates how many calories you've burned. THIS THING IS REALLY AWESOME!!

TaeKwonDo??? That is sooo cool Vija!! I've always wanted to do martial arts of some kind! What got you started on it?

Thanks for the info on the bodybug, sounds like something I will have to invest in, in the future. I'll be anxious to hear your progress soon.

TaeKwonDo is AWESOME!!! My DS started it 6 years ago, and is a 1st degree black belt, DD is a high red, testing for black belt in June. I have been going to the classes to watch my kids, and it looked like something cool to do. I had said "when I loose the weight", but after years of not losing it, I decided to give it a try and use it to help me in my weight loss battle. I do believe this is the "thing" that will get me there. Not just because of the exercise but completely because of the change in the mental attitude. There are things I would have NEVER done because I was waiting, wishing my life away, until I lost weight, but I have learned to love and embrace my life. More than you can imagine. Above I mentioned goint to a TKD competition, and WINNING. I only decided 2 days before hand to just "screw it, just do it", mostly because I could do no less than what I was asking my kids to do. I needed to be a positive role model, not just for my kids sake, but my own. So I have been doing this for 1 year. I started last January, this journey has taken a long time, but it is so worth it.

AND, hmmm, you don't live too far from me.... Now I am going to be on you to join me!!!! How cool would that be to work out with a fellow DIS'er and WISH'er!!! Get ready... I am going to bug you!;) :thumbsup2 :rotfl:

Good morning everyone! It is -13 degrees here today and my DD's school was canceled. It might be canceled tomorrow too.

Hey, we don't live too far from you, we are in Hartford, about 1/2 hour from West Bend. LOVE that the kids had off of school, but now I think that they will have to add on a day, I think this is the 4th day off of school this winter, and tomorrow looks promising as well.

This weekend we are headed to disney so I hope to get a lot of walking in!

Have fun, and give Mickey a Hug!:hug: ::MickeyMo

Hi neighbor:) I am FREEZING right next to you in Sun Prairie.
Hey there fellow Wisconsinite! It is so cold today!

My husband is from Oconomowoc and went to school is Madison. (I'm an Illini girl, but we make it work).

:rotfl: That is too funny!

Hey, we don't live too far from you, we are in Hartford, about 1/2 hour from West Bend. LOVE that the kids had off of school, but now I think that they will have to add on a day, I think this is the 4th day off of school this winter, and tomorrow looks promising as well.
I heard that they even closed the Milwaukee schools today :scared1:! We had a lot of snow days last year. Our school district tacked on about 10 minutes to each day instead of adding extra days. My DD doesn't get out of school until mid-June as it is!

Hey guys, I am TIRED, I have been on call 5 days this week, and called in on 4 of those days. Yesterday I got called at 10pm and got home at 3:20 am. I am sleepy. Had to be back to work today by 7:30 am. But luckily I got to go home early, so I took a 2 hour nap after bribing the kids to clean and do homework while I slept! It worked!:thumbsup2

I had a MAJOR victory today. the bribe was going to get subway for lunch. First we stopped for a lottery ticket (wish me luck!;) ) and as we got out of the car I smelled McDonalds french fries (my achiles heal) and I wanted something greasy in the worst way, but if you remember McDonalds is off limit for 100 days. Well right around the corner is Culvers, and I LOVE their onion rings, so I was debating about getting the sub and then heading over to culvers for their onion rings. At subway I just made the decision to stick with the baked chips and enjoy them!:woohoo: So I made it through that temptation, and thoroughly enjoyed my lunch. I saved myself 256 calories and 20.1 gm of fat. I am so proud of myself!:cool1:

Oh man. I adore Culver's. I had some of their spicy cheese curds over the weekend :rolleyes1.

I heard that they even closed the Milwaukee schools today :scared1:! We had a lot of snow days last year. Our school district tacked on about 10 minutes to each day instead of adding extra days. My DD doesn't get out of school until mid-June as it is!

That sounds like a great plan, I wonder if that's what we could do?

Are they good? we love the regular ones.:thumbsup2
Oh yes, they are very good. But they are not on our diet young lady!

The funny thing about Culver's is that I really love their salads too. I don't feel deprived when I have one, but I have a really hard time getting past the butter burgers. *sigh*

I used Giada De Laurentiis' recipe from Food Network. I did add the pasta, but I probably won't the next time. I don't think it adds anything. I also thought it was a little bland, so I added about 1T of cumin to it. I liked Alton Brown's recipe (which follows) a lot better, although I can't find "grains of paradise" anywhere!

Lentil Soup

Recipe courtesy Giada De Laurentiis
Prep Time:10 minInactive Prep Time: hr minCook Time:1 hr 0 min Level:Easy Serves:6 servings
Ingredients

2 tablespoons olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
1 medium onion, chopped
2 carrots, peeled and chopped
2 celery stalks, chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 (14 1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes
1 pound lentils (approximately 1 1/4 cups)
11 cups low-salt chicken broth
4 to 6 fresh thyme sprigs
2/3 cup dried elbow pasta
1 cup shredded Parmesan Directions

Heat the oil in a heavy large pot over medium heat. Add the onion, carrots, and celery. Add the garlic, salt, and pepper and saute until all the vegetables are tender, about 5 to 8 minutes. Add the tomatoes with their juices. Simmer until the juices evaporate a little and the tomatoes break down, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes. Add the lentils and mix to coat. Add the broth and stir. Add the thyme sprigs. Bring to a boil over high heat. Cover and simmer over low heat until the lentils are almost tender, about 30 minutes.

Stir in the pasta. Simmer until the pasta is tender but still firm to the bite, about 8 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.

Ladle the soup into bowls. Sprinkle with the Parmesan, drizzle with olive oil, and serve.

Lentil Soup

Recipe courtesy Alton Brown, 2006
Prep Time:30 minInactive Prep Time: hr minCook Time:45 min Level:
Serves:6 to 8 servings
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup finely chopped onion
1/2 cup finely chopped carrot
1/2 cup finely chopped celery
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 pound lentils, picked and rinsed
1 cup peeled and chopped tomatoes
2 quarts chicken or vegetable broth
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground coriander
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground toasted cumin
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground grains of paradise

Place the olive oil into a large 6-quart Dutch oven and set over medium heat. Once hot, add the onion, carrot, celery and salt and sweat until the onions are translucent, approximately 6 to 7 minutes. Add the lentils, tomatoes, broth, coriander, cumin and grains of paradise and stir to combine. Increase the heat to high and bring just to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover and cook at a low simmer until the lentils are tender, approximately 35 to 40 minutes. Using a stick blender, puree to your preferred consistency. Serve immediately.

Thanks for these!!!

Hey guys, I am TIRED, I have been on call 5 days this week, and called in on 4 of those days. Yesterday I got called at 10pm and got home at 3:20 am. I am sleepy. Had to be back to work today by 7:30 am. But luckily I got to go home early, so I took a 2 hour nap after bribing the kids to clean and do homework while I slept! It worked!:thumbsup2

I had a MAJOR victory today. the bribe was going to get subway for lunch. First we stopped for a lottery ticket (wish me luck!;) ) and as we got out of the car I smelled McDonalds french fries (my achiles heal) and I wanted something greasy in the worst way, but if you remember McDonalds is off limit for 100 days. Well right around the corner is Culvers, and I LOVE their onion rings, so I was debating about getting the sub and then heading over to culvers for their onion rings. At subway I just made the decision to stick with the baked chips and enjoy them!:woohoo: So I made it through that temptation, and thoroughly enjoyed my lunch. I saved myself 256 calories and 20.1 gm of fat. I am so proud of myself!:cool1:

Get some rest tonight!!! WTG on working through those temptations!!:cool1: :banana: :cool1: You should feel very proud of yourself...you didn't give in and you enjoyed what you had. :cheer2: Thanks for reporting in that success!!

Hi everyone! I haven't been here all week cause i was in WDW!!! I ran the half marathon. I'm sorry I didn't get to meet some of the others who were also there for it. (CarolA and Worfiedoodles). I had a great time. I walked a ton. And I'm sure I ate a ton too! I'm afraid for tomorrow! Really have to get my eating under control now that I'm home and keep up all the activity. It's so hard when it's 17 degrees outside and all you want to do is curl up on the couch!

Good luck everyone!

Our WISH Biggest Loser 7 Challenge runs from Friday January 2 until Friday March 27. Each Tuesday starting January 13 our weekly Biggest Losers will be recognized. Our final results will be posted Tuesday, March 31, the date of the season finale of the NBC television show.

As usual you do not have to watch the TV show to be a part of our challenge. No one is ever voted off our challenge. After three weeks of not reporting your weight to the weight keeper you are removed from the challenge but if you decide to rejoin you are welcomed with open arms.

The purpose of the WISH Biggest Loser 7 Challenge is to help you on your weight loss journey. The challenge forces you to be accountable. Each week you will report your weight to the weight keeper (me). I am the only person that will know your weight. Your weight will never be published for anyone to see.

On our BL7 thread we encourage and support each other. We celebrate those small victories and offer advice to help each other meet the weight loss challenges we face. We get to know each other. We laugh together and we cry together. BL7 can be your weight loss support system.

You will get out of this challenge what you put into it. If you get serious and use this program it CAN and WILL help you lose weight. As you make choices during the day consider what your fellow losers would do. They would say no to the doughnut at the office but they would find time to get some exercise even if they are tired after a long day. Losing weight is not a 'quick fix'. It takes time, commitment, and lots of hard work. BL7 is here to help you.

Our WISH Biggest Loser 7 Challenge will be a little different from our previous challenges.

* There will be no teams this time.
* There will one mega-thread for the entire 13 week challenge.
* We will not have team captains but will have a different 'coach' each week. They will serve as hostess on the BL7 thread, post questions of the day, acknowledge posters, post mini-challenges and offer encouragement. Some coaches may serve for a second week later in the challenge.

Some things will remain the same.

* I will serve again as the weight keeper.
* Raenstoirm will be our COW (Challenge of the Week) coach. Weekly challenge will encourage us to develop healthy habits for our bodies and souls.
* We will laugh together, we will cry together and a few of us will finish the 13 week challenge together, hopefully weighing less than when we started.

Let's review the three components of our WISH Biggest Loser challenge

The weight report
* Your weight report is due each Friday.
* You may PM or email your report. My email is brenda@kbelectric.biz. If using email please include your DIS name.
* Report your weigh in pounds ie xxx or xxx.x.
* Carefully review your weight before you send your message to me. PLEASE make sure the weight is typed correctly. Is that 166 or 156? Are you at 174 or 177? Misspelling is forgivable, typos happen, let's just make sure they don't happen with those numbers in your weight.
* Weight reports are required to remain in the challenge. After three weeks of no reports you are dropped from the challenge. After being dropped from the challenge you may return by reporting your current weight.

The COW
* Raenstoirm will post the challenge of the week on our BL7 thread.
* Not every week will involve a challenge.
* Participation in the weekly challenge is optional.
* Each challenge will clearly state a beginning date, ending date, and date your points total is due.
* Each challenge will include tasks to preform and point values awarded for accomplishing the tasks.
* It is helpful to print the challenge tasks to refer to throughout the week.
* Points totals may be PMed to Raenstorim or emailed to ferretfeet@gmail.com. If using email please include your DIS name.
* Rainstoirm will recognize on our BL7 thread those earning the top point totals.

The Biggest Loser 7 thread
* One mega-thread will run for the entire challenge.
* Participation on the thread is optional.
* Each week a new 'coach' will serve as hostess on our BL7 thread. Their duties include posting questions of the day, acknowledging posters, posting mini-challenges and offering encouragement. Some coaches may serve for a second week later in the challenge. If you are interested in serving as a coach please PM or email me.

Good Thursday evening everyone. We are almost upon the end of our second week. I will be your new coach starting tomorrow for the thrid week of our BL7 Challenge.

I wanted to send out a message for the start of Week # 3 to remind everyone to re-read the faq above. Please remember to report your weigh-in's to Brenda
(dare2dream). Either PM her or e-mail her at the address above. Please report your weight even if you have a gain. Don't feel ashamed and stay away (I know I have been guilty of this in the past). Come here and check in and let us support you.

I want to thank this week's coach "Eeyore's Butterfly". Thank you so much for all your dedication and hard work! :love:

So everyone - Let week 3 begin!! Good luck at your Weigh-in's this week. We rock!! :banana:

Greetings to all my fellow Losers!

I kind of feel like I've been hanging onto the back of the wagon and dragged behind it this week but I am still hanging on and managed to lose 1.5 lbs. Exercise will be a no-no for the next week as I had to have a cortisone shot in my heel -- yes, it was as horrible as it sounds!

I have learned that I have to plan, plan, plan so that when things go crazy, which they will, good food is there. Being unhealthy is not going to help me deal with all the little and big things that life throws at me.

Everyone is doing so well! Good luck to all on weigh in tomorrow!

I just wanted to brag about a small victory today. We have goodies brought in by drug reps pretty often. Usually I manage to eat them. Which explains my too tight jeans!:lmao: Anyway, today there were cookies brought this morning and snack size candy bars brought this afternoon. I did not eat either! The best part is that I wasn't really even tempted to. I have been eating so much better that I didn't want to eat them. They just weren't worth it. You know?
:woohoo:

Woo hoo - congrat's on saying no to the temptations! :thumbsup2

Wednesday QOTD:

My motivation is to feel good in my cloths, and to be comfortable in a bathing suit.

We spend a lot of time at the lake in the summer, and I feel very uncomfortable when we are somewhere where other people are. I either immediatle get in water, or just keep my cloths on over my suit and read while DH fishes.

Also, DH and I have a deal when I get to my goal he will stop dipping. B/c I want OH SOOOO badly for him to stop. I think it's so gross!!!

That is a good reason to get to goal. I would hate it if DH dipped too - ooh gross is right!!

Good evening everyone!

My motivation is that Dh and I are trying to start a family and I want to be a healthy, skinnier host for my baby and a more energetic mommy! :goodvibes

I have to brag a little too. I have a challenge for myself that includes not eating out for lunch. If I don't do it all week I get money toward my Wii Fit, but if I eat out once I don't get any money. I also set a barrier that if I eat out more than once I have to deduct money from my Wii Fit fund. Well, I went out w/ my coworkers monday, meaning no money this week. But today they wanted to go out again. They were being pretty high pressure too! :sad2: I told them that I was Not eating out and that they could go without me. They did go and I stayed at work and ate my lunch from home. :cool1: :cool1: I had a brief moment when I wanted to give in, but I didn't! Baby steps, but important baby steps!

Have a great losing day tomorrow everyone and get those Last Chance Workouts in!!

Awesome about the starting a family! Great motivation!
Great job on not going out to eat at work!

I've been doing pretty well with food this week...it helps that I've purged my house of my trigger foods...the thing I need to get back on track with (like some of you have posted as well) is exercise. I've lost 34 pounds since August, and I was doing so well with my daily exercise. I love to walk outside, and it is now cold here, really cold (our wind chills are -35 to -45). I don't have an excuse though, because I have exercise DVDs and the Wii Fit. I've just gotta do it.
Jen

Great job purging your house of trigger foods. That is half the battle!!!

:
That's too bad, that your coworkers are high pressure, but now you've proven you can say no. :thumbsup2

My motivation to lose the weight is to be healthier, be more active, keep up with DD7 and DD3 as they grow up. Plus I really want to feel like I look good in pictures.:flower3:

I know what you mean about wanting to look good in pictures. I just hate when you look at pictures later and hate them. I do that all the time. I also want to look good in my pictures so I'm not embarrased to put them out.

Dig in your heels and kick some poundage booty today tomorrow is FRIDAY!!!

Thanks for the pedometer recommendations. Going to check them out this weekend!

Woo let's kick some poundage booty tomorrow!

I was having lots of shoulder issues this past year...my strength was good but after going through physical therapy it was just painful. Doc stopped PT, did the MRI and felt I had a small tear but I had a bone spur that he thought was causing the most pain. He said if I didn't go ahead and take care of it, it was going to end up tearing my rotator cuff. I had the surgery early July...only three small incisions, I ended up not having a tear at all but the bone spur was a really large one. I got a little behind in my therapy (insurance issues) but once I started I worked hard at it and was going three times a week for two hours each time. It took a while but I now have full range of motion, can sleep on it without it waking me up with sharp pain and I can do push ups again.

Just wanted to share my experience...I lived with the pain for a long time and now wish that I had gone on to the surgeon a lot sooner. I also understand how you can dread going to have tests done. I think what kept holding me back was I was nervous because it was located in my shoulder. My dad passed away from ALS and his started in his shoulder and back area.

Maybe it's worth going back to the doctor and having a few more tests run.

This is the one I bought during the last BL challenge...I love it, it fits in my pocket and has a clip to attach to the pants (just make sure you use it so it doesn't take the dive into the toilet like MelanieC's did:scared1: ).

Yesterday went well, we went out for dinner last night (our one meal out a week). We went to our favorite local Mexican place...I had conserved at lunch to be able to go and not feel guilty. I did add a large plate of lettuce to my order too.

Got to go get the day started...have a great one everyone, let's make it count!!!:thumbsup2

I definately will make an appointment to go. I know I need to take care of it. Great job on the mexican food. Good idea on the plate of lettuce.

We have a 2-hour delay today, b/c of the cold. Not in the minus 30s though - that's just unbelievable. I was going to work out and take advantage of it but I'm still not feeling well. :( I must be getting better though b/c my mood has changed from "Eeyore" to "Pooh." :goodvibes

Today is my birthday and DH got me the YourselfFitness for PS2 (I asked for it). It looks great - has anyone else used it? I'm hoping to feel good enough to start it tomorrow.

Last night was bad...well not bad but just not a healthy choice. Ordered pizza for dinner (over dd's objections,can you believe her?!). I wasn't up for anything else and didn't want to cook so I had some breadsticks and a small piece of pizza.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :bday: party:
I think our kids may have a 2 hour delay tomorrow too. That is the rumor going around. I hope not, because then I have to go into work late to get my son on the bus. But I know the kids will want it!

Remember- Having pizza once in a while isn't bad.

This week has not been a good one for me. I ate chocolate and I really pigged out at my bible study breakfast yesterday. I weighed myself this morning and I have not lost a single pound since last Friday.:sad2: I'm so mad at myself!

Hang in there. From this moment forward you can go from here. If you had a flat, you wouldn't pop the other 3 tires, you would fix the one. You can do this. This time next week you can have a loss. PLUS =You didn't gain. That is a success.

Ok...still sucking at that eating thing but I'm getting exercising and water down pretty good this week. I've exercised mon, tues, wed, thurs....My weight tomorrow will probably go up but I'm OK with that because my commitment to exercise seems to be doing well and I guess I'll have to add eating in a little later this month.

I'm still sucking at exercise, but I have the food down. Just keep hanging in there -you are my exercise hero. Evenutally you will get it. That is what I keep telling myself about the exercise.

I got my Omron Ped in the parmacy section at Walmart. It was about $20 or so and i really like it. I don't use it that much these days as my outdoor walking is limited due to a hip injury (the hard ground makes it flare up). But I did wear it at Disneyland and one day we walked 16 miles.

I didn't realize they had the Omron at Walmart - good to know. Last year I couldn't find it anywhere except online.

We have another swim meet for my DD this weekend (all weekend), but at least this one is at home and her events are in the afternoon. I'll make sure to eat before I go to work the meet.

That is great that it's at home. My DD has a cheer competition at Widener University. I still have to figure out where it's at. I hope it doesn't fall over a meal. Its so much harder when its far away.

I went to our favorite mexican place for take out a few nights ago- I was so hungry I didn't care, I did order 2 tacos instead of 4 which is what I usually get. I always order just meat and cheese, this time when I got home there was lettuce and tomato--lol the world is trying to keep me on, my diet...it was good anyway and I think the lettuce filled me up.

I always add tons of veggies to my mexican food. Another great thing to look for is to see if they have grilled fish taco's. They are so yummy and sometimes less calories than regular. Actually, taco's are usually pretty light. Sounds like you did good - especially since you only got 2 instead of 4.

I feel like the world is out to get me today! First = Krispy Kreme donuts were brought in and they were still warm; Second = invitation to go to a new Mexican restaurant

I'm doing fine, but sometimes :scared: !! I walked 2 1/2 miles yesterday, so I'm back on the exercise train.

Great job on the exercise! Don't you hate it when they bring donuts - uggh!

I love to have lots of lettuce with my Mexican because it does fill me up and helps me not eat as many chips. I also break up the chips and have small piece of chip with lots of salsa;) .

That's a good idea about breaking up the chips. Will take you longer to eat them.

This weekend we are headed to disney so I hope to get a lot of walking in!

Have a great time in Disney!!

In the past the "cheaper" pedometers I have had have not worked... AT ALL! I figured it was because of my pooh sized tummy that it couldn't accurately bounce to mark the steps. Would this problem be eliminated with the Omron? I am willing to try it, but would like more info. Can you explain the different technology it works on? Does it have to go in a pocket? Can it be clipped to your hip, what if your body has extra rolls?:rolleyes:

I had a MAJOR victory today. the bribe was going to get subway for lunch. First we stopped for a lottery ticket (wish me luck!;) ) and as we got out of the car I smelled McDonalds french fries (my achiles heal) and I wanted something greasy in the worst way, but if you remember McDonalds is off limit for 100 days. Well right around the corner is Culvers, and I LOVE their onion rings, so I was debating about getting the sub and then heading over to culvers for their onion rings. At subway I just made the decision to stick with the baked chips and enjoy them!:woohoo: So I made it through that temptation, and thoroughly enjoyed my lunch. I saved myself 256 calories and 20.1 gm of fat. I am so proud of myself!:cool1

It doesn't bounce like the traditional pedometers. It has unique dual accelerometer sensors, but I don't know what that actually does, lol. It has a clip and a little holster to hold it in while you clip it to your pants. It also has another clip that keeps it from falling off it comes off your big clip.

Oh man. I adore Culver's. I had some of their spicy cheese curds over the weekend :rolleyes1.

Never heard of Culver's. Ok - what is a spicy cheese curd??

Hi everyone! I haven't been here all week cause i was in WDW!!! I ran the half marathon. I'm sorry I didn't get to meet some of the others who were also there for it. (CarolA and Worfiedoodles). I had a great time. I walked a ton. And I'm sure I ate a ton too! I'm afraid for tomorrow! Really have to get my eating under control now that I'm home and keep up all the activity. It's so hard when it's 17 degrees outside and all you want to do is curl up on the couch!

Good luck everyone!

Great job on the 1/2 marathon!! Woo hoo! :yay:

I am trying to decide whether or not to buy a Wii and Wii Fit (would have to buy both, since we don't own a Wii). A gym membership's not in our family's budget for a while. The only exercise machine we own is an elliptical, which I have rarely used (mainly because it's located in the basement). I have not consistently exercised since my kids were born, and I need to get a fresh start. Have to be smart about it though, because I've developed high blood pressure.

Any advice about the Wii Fit would be appreciated. What should I budget? Is it worth it?

Oh yes, they are very good. But they are not on our diet young lady!

The funny thing about Culver's is that I really love their salads too. I don't feel deprived when I have one, but I have a really hard time getting past the butter burgers. *sigh*

I've never had one of their salads, I'll have to try them. And what do you mean not on my diet???:rotfl:

Get some rest tonight!!! WTG on working through those temptations!!:cool1: :banana: :cool1: You should feel very proud of yourself...you didn't give in and you enjoyed what you had. :cheer2: Thanks for reporting in that success!!
Thanks!

Hi everyone! I haven't been here all week cause i was in WDW!!! I ran the half marathon.

congratulations! That is on my bucket list and I envy all of you!:woohoo:

It doesn't bounce like the traditional pedometers. It has unique dual accelerometer sensors, but I don't know what that actually does, lol. It has a clip and a little holster to hold it in while you clip it to your pants. It also has another clip that keeps it from falling off it comes off your big clip.

Never heard of Culver's. Ok - what is a spicy cheese curd??

Thanks for the info on the Pedometer, I may have to check out Walmart, that would be great, because if it doesn't work for me, then I could easily return it, but at least I could try it out.

**** Danger, Danger**** don't read below if you don't want to be tempted:

Culvers is SINFUL! It is a delicous fast food type restaurant, except they cook everything fresh (at least that is their claim) when you order. It takes a bit longer to get the order, but it is so worth it for the taste... not the calories. :rolleyes1 Their bacon butter burger deluxe is like 22 WW points!:scared1: It is very good though!:thumbsup2 And their custard is heavenly. http://www.culvers.com/menu/ there is a pic of the cheesecurds, breaded, deep fried cheese curds... yum.

Be very glad you don't have a Culver's...those cheese curds are delicious! At least our Culver's is not on my route anywhere or else I'd be eating there way too much. ;)

Vija - yes the Omron works with Pooh-sized hips...mine!:rotfl: The do say don't clip it on a purse or something you're swinging. I clip mine either inside my pocket or if I'm wearing sweats or something right onto my waist band. I think wearing a pedometer is definitely worth it, it amazed me to see how many steps I did (or didn't) take in a day.

Melanie- thanks :goodvibes

We are off school tomorrow b/c of the cold! woo hoo! I plan to do my new YourselfFitness in the morning and walk for 30 minutes on the treadmill either after that or later in the day...now I've said it so I have to do it right?

I made something with ground turkey today. The turkey I have is 93/7 - is that still good or should I just have used ground beef? Did we get a benefit? I mixed it w/a little bread crumbs, skim milk, italian spices and parm cheese, formed patties and cooked on the stove then put in a pan and put some prego and 1 tbsp of moz cheese on top and baked...yum! DH even said he'd eat it again.

I am trying to decide whether or not to buy a Wii and Wii Fit (would have to buy both, since we don't own a Wii). A gym membership's not in our family's budget for a while. The only exercise machine we own is an elliptical, which I have rarely used (mainly because it's located in the basement). I have not consistently exercised since my kids were born, and I need to get a fresh start. Have to be smart about it though, because I've developed high blood pressure.

Any advice about the Wii Fit would be appreciated. What should I budget? Is it worth it?

I don't know what the prices are like in the US, but it is a fun way to exercise. You just need room in front of your TV. Ours came with WiiSports, and its fun to do bowling with DD7 and DD3. DD7 also likes to play tennis.

I made something with ground turkey today. The turkey I have is 93/7 - is that still good or should I just have used ground beef? Did we get a benefit? I mixed it w/a little bread crumbs, skim milk, italian spices and parm cheese, formed patties and cooked on the stove then put in a pan and put some prego and 1 tbsp of moz cheese on top and baked...yum! DH even said he'd eat it again.

That sounds good :thumbsup2

The Wii costs $250 and comes with Sports and a single Wiimote (controller) and I believe a nunchuck which is used for many games. The Wii Fit costs $90 and comes with the Wii Fit game and the balance board which can be used for a few games. Many more games are coming out that can use the board.

The kids will love the Wii too. There are already a few other active games out like Outdoor Challenge, Dance Dance Revolution, Jillian Michaels' Fitness Ultimatum, and We Ski.

The sports game that comes with the Wii will alone give you countless hours of fun and is guaranteed to leave you sore the next morning!

-steve

Good morning everyone. I have been starting to really watch what I am eating and I have worked out more than in the recent past but I still gained 2 pounds. I am not really okay with this but I can accept this as a place to make a U turn. I am starting to cut out all sugars and trying to cut out white flour also. MY eating has been better this week. I packed my lunch everyday and it has been mostly fruits, veggies, 1 string cheese and a whole wheat wrap. I am starting to make sure that I have oatmeal for breakfast. I just have to control what I eat when I get home from school. That could have been a lot better

Better luck next week.

Good luck everyone else

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter