Welcome to cattle encounters of the 4th diMOOnsion!

I am going to be on my own a lot the next few days. Tonight my husb is going to happy hour for his brewers club and I opted to stay home since it's beer only. Tomorrow he works late then sat he is working too!

dgbg100106 said:
So sorry, but please make sure it safe. That is something that you can't fool around with...

Working now. I called her electric co, it wasnt their issue .

Phone tag between my sister and brother... I turned power off at the pole .

Brother left work (we all help take care of my mom & her house) and came over.

Long story short, the main line needed replaced. Finally fixed.

Microwave is fried. And, the surge protector the tv was on, is too.

Everything else is ok.

TifffanyD said:
I am going to be on my own a lot the next few days. Tonight my husb is going to happy hour for his brewers club and I opted to stay home since it's beer only. Tomorrow he works late then sat he is working too!

Aww.:(

t_daniels said:

Everything else is ok.

At least the surge protector did its job!

t_daniels said:

It's ok!

I am glad your mom is ok, and everything is fixed. Hmmm..if I can't break my window with a hammer , then you might be ok with my window. But I am sure you were in allot of pain.....:hug:

I am like this most of the time. My DH plays golf for tournaments. Sometimes we get to travel when he wins.

usnuzuloose said:
I am like this most of the time. My DH plays golf for tournaments. Sometimes we get to travel when he wins.

I don't mind my saturdays alone much... But this one will be extra long

I kind of like some alone time, but after this week of alone time, I will be stuck by DH's side all weekend... Ha-Ha

Everything else is ok.

Good to hear and glad the TV was saved by the protector. Back when I lived in Alabama, we had a whole house surge protector put in by the electric company. It was basically a lightening rod installed by the main line into the house.

dgbg100106 said:
Good to hear and glad the TV was saved by the protector. Back when I lived in Alabama, we had a whole house surge protector put in by the electric company. It was basically a lightening rod installed by the main line into the house.

That's awesome.

I kind of like some alone time, but after this week of alone time, I will be stuck by DH's side all weekend... Ha-Ha

Yeah I don't mind my alone time so much. I have a bunch of candles light, the lights set to more pleasant (main lights off but some other slight lights on) and I can watch whatever I want. The dog is asleep and I had to look for him to find out where he was (smashed against the couch I am sitting on, of course, lol)

My aunt used to live next door to us and had a lightning rod over her (detached) garage. That was wild!!

OK Boo Boo's... I have a question.

We are looking to move into a house in August. I browse houses online from time to time and there is a lot in our price range. When should we start seriously looking (with a realtor)? Also... my friend's husband (who I also know a little bit) is a realtor... is there any issue with using him (works for Century 21). Could it cause any issues in our friendship?

I used a friend before and we are no longer friends.

They have an idea of what a house should sell for or what kind of commission they will get based on the sale of a home. For us, she just kept telling us we should do something and we kept telling her we were not comfortable with that.

It kind of broke our friendship. But we did get our way in the end. Just be careful.

That's what I am worried about. I have an inherent mistrust of realtors and already have my guard up. I think I have really reasonable expectations but am prepared to be a b---- if they try to push me somewhere else or above my comfortable price range. Thinking it would be easier to have no emotions involved.

If I could go back in time I would not use a friend. The bad part is they will get upset if you don't use them. It is like a catch 22...

ok I have something really weird to share.

I have been exercising in my hotel room everyday, I have been using Shaun T's Rockin Body DVD's

There is a DISCO workout on there.

I have thrown my arms in the air so much, that my underarms are raw. They are like bright red, sore to the touch, my clothes hurt when it rubs against it and when I took a shower and scrub with soap, I thought I would cry right there.

So how do you rub your underarms raw?????

What kind of a shirt are you wearing? There is a product called glide for your legs so that doesn't happen. Maybe something like that can help. I have never heard of going raw under the arms.

If I could go back in time I would not use a friend. The bad part is they will get upset if you don't use them. It is like a catch 22...

Yeah that is another worry too. We were at her house at a party and she was just like "Oh Bill's a realtor!"... maybe I can hire someone else and say I forgot?!?!? I was really drunk that night so she might buy it...

ok I have something really weird to share.

I have been exercising in my hotel room everyday, I have been using Shaun T's Rockin Body DVD's

There is a DISCO workout on there.

I have thrown my arms in the air so much, that my underarms are raw. They are like bright red, sore to the touch, my clothes hurt when it rubs against it and when I took a shower and scrub with soap, I thought I would cry right there.

So how do you rub your underarms raw?????

I don't understand... If your arms are up how do they rub>?

Tifff, get recommendations from others, meet with several of them, make your choice and claim amnesia if your other friend asks why you didn't use her DH. And enjoy the process.

May your new home welcome you as mine did. When our real estate agent opened the front door, I knew I was home. I didn't even have to see the floor plan.

Brandi, all I can say is "Ouch!" And maybe suggest an antibiotic or other creme with a numbing agent in it?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter