welcome party/rehersal entertainment??

sunsh1ne

DIS Veteran
hi ladies,

i am having the shipwreck beach party with buffet for my welcome/rehersal dinner. there will be 60-7 people. i am torn between having the jimmy buffet gutarist or no music it will last 2 and 1/2 hours. do you think that we need music??

has any one has the beach party?

at you rehersal or welcomes did you have etertainmet??

i appreciate your responses

I didn't have "enetertainment" because I did the illuminations party as my welcome party but initially we were thinking a beach bbq type of thing and we were going to do the Jimmy Buffet guitarist. I love that idea but if it comes down to budget it is going to make or break the party.

i wanted the desert party also but we are having a early wedding and no one wanted to be up late (whatever) so the bbq is good for me.

so you are saying i need the music???

No I do not think you "need" it. I think if it can fit in the budget it would be a nice addition but I think people will be so busy mingling they won't even notice it isn't there!

with a Disney wedding there are so many options it is crazy to do it all. i think you have to set a budget and pick what is important. For me it was a give and take. Some thing were more important than others so i applied my money toward that. Once you do that if you have some wiggle room than you can add those things.

At the PS we added everyting we wanted and then as time went on we elimated what wasn't so important to accomadate our budget.

thank you so much. i agree that as time goes on thre are things that i feel we can eliminate.
i think the music will be nice but i agree that is it is not there they wont notice. thank you so much

i look forward to other ideas

thank you again

Most rehearsals outside WDW don't have music, so I don't think it's necessary. Definitely a cool touch, but totally an extra.

I have not seen information on the shipwreck beach party. I am getting married in March and have been thinking about different things we could do for a welcome party. Can you tell me more about this? Thanks!

sure! we are having a joint welcome/rehersal becouse all of our guests are coming from out of town. we needed somewhere that could fit a large group of people but also that had a backup inside location.
i wanted a more casual fun place. it is located on the beach of the beach club resort near the back door of epcot. it is on the sand. they set up white tables and chairs for you. it is 2 and 1/2 hurs long. we are going to have th chip and dale buffet it has hamburger-hotdogs-corn-beans and it also comes withthe fixins and desert we have decicded to take out the cookies and put in mickey premium bars and minnie pops. i think that is nice for outside. we will decorate with stripe linens and sand pail centerpieces. have fun with it. let me know if you have more questions

can I ask how much its costin and for how many?

we want something a bit different for our welcome party as none of our guests have really been to disney before and as we are flying from the uk we wanted to wow them all

ours is 75 people with chip and dale with added mikey preminum and minnie pops, if i have gutarist, centerpieces and tableclothes and napkins it is 3,200
also soft drinks ans water

Thanks for the information, we are also thinking about doing a welcome party with about 75 people. This may be something for us to consider. We are also thinking about a Dessert party at Epcot/Illuminations or MGM/Fantasmic. Had you looked into that?

event.png
[/IMG]

yes i did. but we did not want to pay for the viewing fee and a bg part was that we did not want to be out so late being that our photo and hair and all was starting at 7 the next mrning.also my fiances mom wanted full bufet so it fit for us more. but the dp seem to be very popular and very well done. i do not know anyone who has had the bech party. i hope that is not a bad thing? :l

I don't think many people know about the beach party. I never did! Man, I wish I had! I guess we'll have to save that for the vow renewal party in a few years :rotfl: Gosh, I just got married 2 weeks ago and I'm already planning our vow renewal! I think the beach party sounds amazing!! Have a great time!

I don't think many people know about the beach party. I never did! Man, I wish I had! I guess we'll have to save that for the vow renewal party in a few years :rotfl: Gosh, I just got married 2 weeks ago and I'm already planning our vow renewal! I think the beach party sounds amazing!! Have a great time!

thank you for your nice words. i will be sure to tell all of you about it!!!

The party sounds like a blast!! I can't wait to hear about it. That is definately Disney stepping up their game.

ours is 75 people with chip and dale with added mikey preminum and minnie pops, if i have gutarist, centerpieces and tableclothes and napkins it is 3,200
also soft drinks ans water

WOW!! That is actually a lot less than I would have expected, especially for 75 people!! This is definitely something for me to consider. We are still trying to decide where to have our rehearsal/welcome dinner and a beach party sounds great.

it is cool becouse you can customize the beach party to be more formal or casual. you can also do it whatever time you would like. if you want a brunh you can, or desert party or just appt. or a difrent buffet menue. also they can do more of a nantuket theme or tropical the list is endless. happy planing!!

it is cool becouse you can customize the beach party to be more formal or casual. you can also do it whatever time you would like. if you want a brunh you can, or desert party or just appt. or a difrent buffet menue. also they can do more of a nantuket theme or tropical the list is endless. happy planing!!

Thanks!! If you don't mind my asking, when are you having yours? I would love to see pics of how it looks all set up.

I think its a great idea. Especially for us because I know my family is a little bummed that they have to travel to WDW instead of Hawaii for our wedding. The Beach Party would put that tropical beachy fun element back into the celebration. Plus DF isn't too keen on having the rehearsal dinner at WCC, which we were strongly considering before. We love WCC and think it is so fun and the food is great. But with all the fun shenanigans that go on there, she is afraid she'd be too embarrassed. Basically she doesn't want to have to ride a wooden horse around the restaurant or anything like that, even though I think it would be great. Jiko is another location we were considering.

it will be october 21st of 2007. if i get any additinol pics from the planner i will def post them!

Is there a limit of people you need to have for this? Do you have any other information that your planner gave you on this? How did you hear about this, did you just ask or were you given the info in your packet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter