Welcome Home, Now Relax ~ Day 6 – EPCOT

I always love looking at the topiaries at Epcot but have never seen a sand sculpture before so thanks for sharing the piccies, it looks beautiful. I still love Journey into Imagination especially as there is never a queue! I suppose the lack of skunk smell must be the only consolation for having a cold!

Laur's xx

another fantastic day, love the sand sculpture :goodvibes

Wonderful pictures of the sand sculptures, the Flower and Garden Festival is great fun :) Sounds like a great day at WDW :woohoo:

Claire ;)

Even though you done a park today-it seemed a more relaxing day.That sand sculpture is fantastic,i know it is'nt on par with that,but years ago when i went to Tenerife-you would see sand sculptures along the beach and they too were amazing,i can't even build a sandcastle without it collapsing in under a minute :lmao:.
Love your pics,you bully for frightning that poor 'whatever it is' :confused3 :rotfl: in the grass.x.

Even though you done a park today-it seemed a more relaxing day.That sand sculpture is fantastic,i know it is'nt on par with that,but years ago when i went to Tenerife-you would see sand sculptures along the beach and they too were amazing,i can't even build a sandcastle without it collapsing in under a minute :lmao:.

It was really good. They are going to have some done by Sandscapes at Dollywood when we are there in July so I'm looking forward to seeing those.

Love your pics,you bully for frightning that poor 'whatever it is' :confused3 :rotfl: in the grass.x.

See this is why I needed to get closer to it - it was a turtle, presumably visiting Crush for the week.

those sand sculptures are so impressive!

Thanks for all the great pics, another reminder of why Epcot is my favourite place in the world!

It was really good. They are going to have some done by Sandscapes at Dollywood when we are there in July so I'm looking forward to seeing those.

See this is why I needed to get closer to it - it was a turtle, presumably visiting Crush for the week.

Thanks for the link,they are amazing-i love the Hollywood Greats sculpture :thumbsup2.x.

Glad to see you are both adjusting the the time difference now. I agree about the air conditioning and the plane. I am sure that is why I always get a sore throat.

I love the balloon ride at DLPR and can't wait to try the one at DTD.

Susan

Great pics again.
The sand sculpture looked impressive but I have a question. With the rain being so bad the day before how was the sand sculpture still standing :confused3
Is this another bit of Disney Magic

Great pics again.
The sand sculpture looked impressive but I have a question. With the rain being so bad the day before how was the sand sculpture still standing :confused3
Is this another bit of Disney Magic

I'm sure it is Disney Magic and nothing to do with this explanation from Sandscapes:

The sand is densely compacted with a tamper inside wood forms. The forms are then removed, leaving a densely compacted block of sand. Our sculpture is then carved from these blocks. Because the sand is compacted, as it dries it becomes more stable, similar to the way nature makes sandstone.

How does weather affect the sculpture?

Over time wind and rain will erode the sculpture. Severity of the weather and the type of sand used determine the life span of the sculpture. In harsh weather we may apply a water repellant or cover the sculpture with a tent.

Well that explains that then.
Thanks for clearing it up for me - I am now looking forward to pointing that out to my kids (14 & 10) next time we see a sand sculpture (I can see there little faces now - 10 minutes into a detailed explaination of how these things stay standing in the wind and rain :lmao:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter