"Welcome Home" certificates?

KIRSTIN'S MOMMY

<font color=0099FF>Creates edible masterpieces<br>
Does anyone have more information about these? From what I understand, if you don't rebook onboard, you may get a "Welcome Home" certificate in the mail for 10% off to book once you are off the ship. Has anyone gotten one?

Does anyone have more information about these? From what I understand, if you don't rebook onboard, you may get a "Welcome Home" certificate in the mail for 10% off to book once you are off the ship. Has anyone gotten one?

I received one after my first cruise and used it to book my second. It came with my castaway club membership number. My understanding is that not everyone receives them. From what I have seen here on the boards it seems pretty random. I have not seen anything about them on the dis boards for a very long time.

Friends of ours got a 10% certificate in the mail last year after they sailed April 2013 on the Fantasy. It came a week or two after they got back.

They did not rebook while on board.

I'd say it's quite random, and actually fairly uncommon. Yes, I have heard of them. But no, I've never received one. We did not receive any communication post-cruise about the CC, either. YMMV. If you think you MAY want to do a cruise within the next 18 months, my suggestion is to book something onboard -- it can always be changed or canceled if you change your mind.

Enjoy your cruise!

We received one after our first cruise but as others have stated, no everyone gets one and they are very random. Book onboard if there is the slightest possibility that you may sail again in the next 18 months.

We did not book onboard (kicking myself now since Norway was within our window). We sailed January 2014. In March we got a castaway club welcome letter and magnet in the mail, but no discount. Bummer because I would have used it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter