Welcome, Foolish Muggles! IoA/US/MK/SW *July 2013 Trip Report Link*

We are very excited to be able to see WWOHP and the rest of IOA, but wow this is a very expensive overnight adventure when adding the cost of 5 park tickets and 1 night on site hotel! Good thing I have my summer madd money :rotfl:

MK was our expensive 1 day splurge last week.

1 day park tickets: $90 per person, Transportation to/from Contemporary Resort, $80 plus tip, Souvenirs, Snacks, Lunch, Meal at Kona: $$$ :scared1:

Kicking Butt and OWNING the MK for 12 1/2 hours: Priceless!

I love the quiz (which I will go back and do). The party looks like so much fun. How cool! My friends did the same theme for their son. When they sorted the kids using the hat they actually used a baby monitor in the hat so it would announce the house as they were sorted. I cannot believe you have delivered all the invites. You are an amazing mom!

I love the quiz (which I will go back and do). The party looks like so much fun. How cool! My friends did the same theme for their son. When they sorted the kids using the hat they actually used a baby monitor in the hat so it would announce the house as they were sorted. I cannot believe you have delivered all the invites. You are an amazing mom!

Ooh- I like!

I had our porch decorated as the Great Hall, and the mom of one of my sons friends walked in, took a look and said "Where is the enchanted ceiling?" You can just imagine how that drove a stake through my heart! :eek:

I am so cheating on that quiz!!! :ssst:

~MM

I would expect nothing less!

I am so cheating on that quiz!!! :ssst:

~MM

I wouldn't even know where to begin to cheat... I read Dee's post and was like really! I've never seen one Harry Potter movie or picked up any of the books, but I did enjoy Dee's test questions and photo's popcorn::

~Nannette

jmamom- sent you a PM. Nice job, but we have some self-proclaimed cheaters in our midst. If you see this message can you edit out your responses- I'll post the answers tomorrow.

Dee

:sad2: So sad. I knew the answers to all but one of the questions. It would be okay if I were not old enough to sign up for AARP! :sad1:

BTW- I don't fault anyone for having trouble with the Bertie Botts and the Potions Lab questions- I know it is tough to answer these questions using just the photographs.

And also, just so you don't all think I'm a total meanie giving this test to 9 year olds... I did give them the first 4 books to use for reference (and for the house colors/symbols etc, they all had badges from when I sorted them.

BTW- I don't fault anyone for having trouble with the Bertie Botts and the Potions Lab questions- I know it is tough to answer these questions using just the photographs.

And also, just so you don't all think I'm a total meanie giving this test to 9 year olds... I did give them the first 4 books to use for reference (and for the house colors/symbols etc, they all had badges from when I sorted them.

Oh boooo.... I liked the idea better if you didn't give them the books for reference!:rotfl: Although, with the kids in my life they probably wouldn't need them. Aunt Jen has been informed many times that even though she has read the books she is nothing better than a Muggle with her inability to recall specific details.... like 80% of this quiz. :lmao:

I get my revenge with those evil little jelly bellys that taste like mud. I *might* have sorted out all the good flavors once....

....can you tell I'm not a mom?:rotfl2:

Totally lost here.

Never got into Harry Potter. :rolleyes:

The quiz sounds like a lot of fun though. :thumbsup2

Q

OK, I have to say, the bit in your title about passing an OWL got me. So, I'm joining in a little bit late-but atleast I'm in time to hear about your visit to WWOHP! My sisters and I went last year and absolutely loved it. I also heard how the people who went to the midnight premiere got to go from 3-5. How awesome!

Now...off to try my hand at those O.W.L. questions! (can you get bonus points if you say what O.W.L. stands for? haha ;))

I am subscribing to your trip report. I don't want to miss the part about WWoHP! I loved your O.W.L. Quiz. Have you heard about the new Pottermore website? It will sort people in to houses based on JKR's specifications.

jmamom- sent you a PM. Nice job, but we have some self-proclaimed cheaters in our midst. If you see this message can you edit out your responses- I'll post the answers tomorrow.

Dee

Hey! I resemble that remark! I'll have you know I'm lurking under my invisibility underwear or clock or what ever it was and I'm waiting to filch the answers. You can't give the shanks to crooks like me!
Bwa ha ha ......

~_ _

See! I told you you couldn't 'see' me!

OK, so I was all excited about O.W.L. and thought our two older boys could really do this. But it's normal if your oldest (a pre-teen) comes home from all-day theater rehearsal and says, "Yeah, Mom, I don't feel like doing that right now," and sits down to watch a recorded episode of Modern Family instead. Right, Dee?

OK, I have to say, the bit in your title about passing an OWL got me. So, I'm joining in a little bit late-but atleast I'm in time to hear about your visit to WWOHP! My sisters and I went last year and absolutely loved it. I also heard how the people who went to the midnight premiere got to go from 3-5. How awesome!

Now...off to try my hand at those O.W.L. questions! (can you get bonus points if you say what O.W.L. stands for? haha ;))

Sorry for the interruption, but LOVE the photo in your signature!! We were there, too! This is Aaron looking at our boys, saying "nice hats!" (They were wearing those big sorcerer Mickey hats, and we were in Adventureland at MK.)

6be8b5b5.jpg

64f2d91f.jpg

Oh boooo.... I liked the idea better if you didn't give them the books for reference!:rotfl: Although, with the kids in my life they probably wouldn't need them. Aunt Jen has been informed many times that even though she has read the books she is nothing better than a Muggle with her inability to recall specific details.... like 80% of this quiz. :lmao:

I get my revenge with those evil little jelly bellys that taste like mud. I *might* have sorted out all the good flavors once....

....can you tell I'm not a mom?:rotfl2:

Well, you can lead 9 year olds to a book, but you can't make them do research. I don't think anyone actually used the books.

Totally lost here.

Never got into Harry Potter. :rolleyes:

The quiz sounds like a lot of fun though. :thumbsup2

Q

In a few years, when Beatriz is a little older, I'm sure the two of you will enjoy the books and/or movies together. The world that JK Rowling created is so creative and mesmerizing!

HP coming up tomorrow (although I haven't written the section yet)

Yes, we were there (at Universal, not the theater) during movie premier. I'll write a little about that and the fan conference that was going on at the same time as our visit. Very jealous of the people who had free reign at WWoHP from 3-5 am, but we were there just 2 hours later!

Nope, no bonus points since I have the meaning of the initials on the quiz. :)

I am subscribing to your trip report. I don't want to miss the part about WWoHP! I loved your O.W.L. Quiz. Have you heard about the new Pottermore website? It will sort people in to houses based on JKR's specifications.

I have heard a little, but not much about Pottermore. If I can ever drag myself away from the DIS...

Hey! I resemble that remark! I'll have you know I'm lurking under my invisibility underwear or clock or what ever it was and I'm waiting to filch the answers. You can't give the shanks to crooks like me!
Bwa ha ha ......

~_ _

See! I told you you couldn't 'see' me!

Who said that?!?

OK, so I was all excited about O.W.L. and thought our two older boys could really do this. But it's normal if your oldest (a pre-teen) comes home from all-day theater rehearsal and says, "Yeah, Mom, I don't feel like doing that right now," and sits down to watch a recorded episode of Modern Family instead. Right, Dee?

I feel your pain!

BTW- we love Modern Family over here, too!

Sorry for the interruption, but LOVE the photo in your signature!! We were there, too! This is Aaron looking at our boys, saying "nice hats!" (They were wearing those big sorcerer Mickey hats, and we were in Adventureland at MK.)

6be8b5b5.jpg

64f2d91f.jpg

Great pictures and story!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter