Welcome Foolish Mortals - I am your host, Your ghost host: Going to WDW in Oct '15 PTR-Updated 10/26

Don't know how I missed your guys' posts but I did!
Great idea about the Epcot spreadsheet! Where did you find the FW menus? I would like to build a spreadsheet too :)
We also use it to figure out what we will spend our snack credits on - that way when we order I tell them what I want to use credits on and what goes on the room. The first year Lane wanted to spend them on water and pretzels - uh no!! And I see that @MataHari22 has already provided the link to the menus! Thanks!

Disney food blog just posted the F&W menus. :D
Thank you!!!

Also mealtrip has a PDF available for download that lists all the menu items and a nice review page with photos and descriptions. This will be a nice page to visit the closer it gets to the event! http://mealtrip.com/food-festival-event.asp?eid=133

Yup, we are staying at POFQ. So excited because we have never stayed there so very much looking forward to that.

That's handy. I'm going with just my DD so no such luck...but hoping she will want to share at least a couple things with me lol

We have an ADR for there too...excited about trying it. I've read a lot of similar reviews - food good but not stellar...but I think it's more about the atmosphere for that one.

POFQ is really nice. We walked through there when we were staying at POR and it would be a great place to stay for a mother/daughter trip! Hopefully your DD is like mine and loves food - how old is she? We have discussed just the two of us going down - I think that would be such a fun trip! Hope you have fun at Sci Fi!

Hopefully your DD is like mine and loves food - how old is she?

I'm so glad you liked what you saw at POFQ. My DD is 9 and she is pretty adventurous with food and willing to try things so that is good. But looking over the menus I think some stuff might still be too out there for her...so for those I will be on my own...but I did see some things that hopefully she will at least take a bite or two of...to avoid me being a total glutton and just eating everything myself lol

I'm so glad you liked what you saw at POFQ. My DD is 9 and she is pretty adventurous with food and willing to try things so that is good. But looking over the menus I think some stuff might still be too out there for her...so for those I will be on my own...but I did see some things that hopefully she will at least take a bite or two of...to avoid me being a total glutton and just eating everything myself lol
It's okay to be a glutton on vacation - don't you know calories don't count in Disney!!!

Food and Wine Festival 2015

I am so excited that they have released the menus because I can start planning on what we are going to get/try while we are there! I mentioned in a previous comment that I take the menu of each booth put them in the order that they are around the World Showcase and place it into a spreadsheet. I have a column for the prices, if I am using a snack credit or paying OOP then a notes/review column plus if there are any new menu items I put them in red.

Here is a look at the current one I am working on (the prices have not been updated for this year):

F&WF menu.jpg

This may seem neurotic to some and maybe it is but I love to keep the Disney planning going. Also it helps us decide how we will spend our snack credits! I am really excited about the new CHEW booths and we thought about getting tickets to the show but it didn't work with our plans, so that is okay.

So what I am most excited about is:

• new food item - Savory Pork Spareribs with Red Wine and Fennel and Cheesy Mascarpone Grits at the Sustainable CHEW booth
Sustainable-Chew-Pork-Spareribs-with-Red-Wine-and-Fennel-and-Cheesy-Marscarpone-Grits.jpg
  • returning food item - there are several but if I had to pick one it would be Crispy Pork Belly with Black Beans, Onions, Avocado and Cilantro at the Brazil booth
brazil-pork-belly-600x542.jpg
  • removed food item (this would be the most disappointed) - Griddled Cheese with Pistachios and Honey from the Greece booth
Griddled-Greek-Cheese-with-Pistachios-and-Honey-600x450.jpg

Anyone else have favorite food items at the festival or new items they are excited about or sad that they aren't bringing back this year????

I will be on a short trip with my mother Oct. 6-9. We are staying at por! Its our first f&w and we are excited. Where do you find prices for the f&w? I love the spreadsheet! I would also like to plan what snacks we pay oop for. Congrats on the new family member!

Wow, that is quite the spreadsheet. You had it right we are definitely different in the planning realm, but love food however it gets in our mouths ; )

We are gonna miss food and wine this year sadly, but last time my favorites were the pork sandwich from the Hawaii booth and the hash from the florida fresh booth. I didn't get to try everything I wanted to, so maybe in this case a plan would have been my friend ; )

I will be at Epcot the last day of F&W. Some of the things that I thought I'd like to try were, Apple Struddel, Corn Cheesecake, warm chocolate pudding and the Seafood Fisherman's Pie. :)

This may seem neurotic to some and maybe it is but I love to keep the Disney planning going. Also it helps us decide how we will spend our snack credits!

I love love loooooove this!

• new food item - Savory Pork Spareribs with Red Wine and Fennel and Cheesy Mascarpone Grits at the Sustainable CHEW booth

These look amazing! They are on my list as well :D

Wow that's quite a spreadsheet!! One thing though...not sure if you know this...but I really want to try the Frushi and I don't see that on any menu...is that something that you can get only at certain times or is it not part of F&W?? I have seen lots of people rave about it on the DIS!

Love the spreadsheet! If I was on a solo trip I would have worked it in to make it to F&W on my arrival day on 11/15 or 11/16 (last day of F&W), but it's just not something my DH would really be into so we will skip it this year. The food looks yummy :)

I will be on a short trip with my mother Oct. 6-9. We are staying at por! Its our first f&w and we are excited. Where do you find prices for the f&w? I love the spreadsheet! I would also like to plan what snacks we pay oop for. Congrats on the new family member!
Welcome! Love POR and hope that you will love the F&W. The prices are not out yet but I normally find them on the disney food blog along with reviews once the festival starts! Figuring out what we want to use our snack credits for is the main reason we do the spreadsheet plus it helps us to not forget what we wanted to try! Hope you guys have a fabulous trip and if you see the crazy person wondering around World Showcase with a spreadsheet say HI! :wave:

Wow, that is quite the spreadsheet. You had it right we are definitely different in the planning realm, but love food however it gets in our mouths ; )

We are gonna miss food and wine this year sadly, but last time my favorites were the pork sandwich from the Hawaii booth and the hash from the florida fresh booth. I didn't get to try everything I wanted to, so maybe in this case a plan would have been my friend ; )
I knew this would not be your style! But I have an excuse...I live with a bunch of indecisive people and they look to me, so if I ask what do they want for dinner they say I don't know! Drives me insane, so I like having everything planned out in advance so when we get there I don't have to make any decisions as they are already made. Now don't get me wrong, I can throw caution to the wind and be spontaneous but I really don't want to spend 11 days making decisions for everyone - I do that enough at work!! :thumbsup2 But you are right about one thing we both have an affinity for food!

I will be at Epcot the last day of F&W. Some of the things that I thought I'd like to try were, Apple Struddel, Corn Cheesecake, warm chocolate pudding and the Seafood Fisherman's Pie. :)
We tried all of these last year except the corn cheesecake and they were all good especially the Fisherman's Pie. Glad you get to catch it!

I love your spreadsheet! I am saving it! Lol
Thank you!!

These look amazing! They are on my list as well :D
I know right! YUM!!

Wow that's quite a spreadsheet!! One thing though...not sure if you know this...but I really want to try the Frushi and I don't see that on any menu...is that something that you can get only at certain times or is it not part of F&W?? I have seen lots of people rave about it on the DIS!
I know a little neurotic! :bitelip: I have heard about Frushi too and I know it is at the Flower & Garden Festival but I haven't seen them at the F&W unless I've overlooked them.

Love the spreadsheet! If I was on a solo trip I would have worked it in to make it to F&W on my arrival day on 11/15 or 11/16 (last day of F&W), but it's just not something my DH would really be into so we will skip it this year. The food looks yummy :)
Thank you. One of the main reasons my DH likes Disney is the food and he loves trying all the different booths. I even got him to try escargot our first year and he is a meat and potato boy! Of course, he said he would never get them again!

FP+ Plans

62 days to go... (I can't believe it)

So you know what that means – it's almost time to do FastPasses. Here is what I have right now and we will see how it turns out in about 24 hours from now. (This will be a non-fun post so apologies in advance. It's just the facts ma'am.)

October 2nd – MK (pre-park opening ADR):

7 Dwarfs Mine Ride 11:30 – 12:30

Enchanted Tales with Bell 12:30 – 1:30

Splash Mtn or Haunted Mansion 1:30 – 2:30

Not sure which would one I should do and if one would be easier to get as a 4th FP.

October 3rd – HS (rope drop @ EMH):

Tower of Terror 9 – 10

TSMM 10 – 11

Star Tours ???

We have an ADR at 50's Prime Time at 11:25, so would you do your 3rd FP+ at 12 or 12:30?

October 4th – MK (pre-park opening ADR):

Jungle Cruise 10 – 11

Peter Pan's Flight 11 – 12

??? 12 – 1

I am getting stuck on this 3rd FP+ - not sure if it should be Splash Mtn, Haunted Mansion or Pirates.

October 5th – Epcot (late arrival around 9:30 am):

Spaceship Earth 9-10

Mission Space 10 – 11

Test Track 11 – 12

October 6th – Free Day: No FP+ needed

October 7th – Epcot (rope drop):

Soarin' 9 – 10

The Seas with Nemo and Friends 10 – 11

Turtle Talk or Character Spot either 11 – 12 or 5:30 – 6:30

We will be hopping over to MK this evening to see Wishes and attend the Dessert Party so may want to do something on our way out...not sure yet! Last year we saw everything and didn't even use some of our scheduled FPs.

October 8th – MK (late arrival around 9:30 am):

Mickey – Town Square 9:30 – 10:30

BTMR 10:30 – 11:30

??? 11:30 – 12:30

I guess I will decide what this one will be once I get the other 2 MK days settled! :D

October 9th – HS (late arrival around 9:30 am):

RnRC 9:30 – 10:30

Tower of Terror 10:30 – 11:30

Frozen Sing along 12 – 1

October 10th – AK (rope drop):

Kilimanjaro
Safari 9 – 10

Expedition Everest 12:30 – 1:30

Kali River Rapids 4 – 5

I know that doing our FP+ this way will eliminate our chances of getting a 4th FP+ but I have to do the rapids at the end of our day because I seem to be the “lucky” one who gets drenched!

So these are my tentative plans for FP+ at this point and time – I have worked and reworked them and will probably make changes up until 11:59 tomorrow night!

If you have any ideas or epiphanies let me know before the clock strikes midnight tomorrow! If not, then wish me luck and I'll let you know how it goes! Sweet Dreams...:angel:

Looks like you've got some good fast past plans. And luck you, 60 days hits on a weekend. Mine is always in the middle of the week and we have to get up to ensure my daughter can see Anna and Elsa.

A couple of thoughts on your questions:
- I think Haunted would be the easier 4th fast pass to draw on day 1. You may also have a hard time getting mine train that early in the day. May want to shoot for later in your trip
- On day 2 I'd do a 1230 FP for star tours just in case 50's goes long
- On your 2nd MK day, is Pirates open when you are going? I know it is closed for us in september and thought it was a long refurb.
- Your AK plans looks good. There really is no need for a FP for anything other than what you're already doing.

Good luck tonight!

I believe PoTC will be open 9/26.

I agree, I would do Splash Mountain as a FP+ over Haunted Mansion, Star Tours at 12:30.

And luck you, 60 days hits on a weekend.
I know I am glad! But I am exhausted and surfing the DIS boards to keep me awake...we were out in the pool all day then went shopping and out to eat tonight! I so easily could close my eyes and be fast asleep!

On your 2nd MK day, is Pirates open when you are going?
I am keeping my fingers crossed that it does open when they say and doesn't have any major delays - it would be a major bummer because we all love POTC.

Good luck tonight!
Thank you Kari and I really appreciate your advice! I was not going to try for an A&E FP+ since my daughter said she didn't mind not seeing them this trip, but I think I am going to get a FP+ for our last MK day just in case!!

I agree, I would do Splash Mountain as a FP+ over Haunted Mansion, Star Tours at 12:30.
Thank you Dawn! I am going to follow your guys' advice!

Now to stay awake for the next 28 minutes!

I hope the fast passes went well for you. My 60 day mark is quickly approaching on the 7th!! Can't wait to hear how it went for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter