Weird DVC website e-mail

vicki_c

DIS Veteran
I tried to log on to DVCmember.com earlier and couldn't, even after 3 tries. Stupid me -- didn't give up early enough I guess and recognize that the website was having a problem. So I guess eventually I had to click the thing to have them send my user name.

Well I have an e-mail in my mail that says (I have changed out the actual words in the list for something more generic):

The member name information you requested is listed below:

Member Name(s):
[password one of my kids uses on various kid websites],
[name of one of my kids & our last name],
[odd variation of my own name that I don't use for any website user names that I can think of],
[obscure nickname for one of my kids & our last name],
[variation of my name that I frequently use for things]

If you did not request this information, another member may have
inadvertently entered your e-mail address in the Member Name Recovery
form. The Member Name Recovery feature automatically sends the member
name(s)associated with the e-mail address entered on the form to the
current owner of the e-mail address.

Regards,

Disney Vacation Club Member Services

What in the world? What kind of strange universe am I living in that the DVC member website could have all these different items for us? I'm considering that
(1) it's a spoofing thing which of course would make me very nervous - good thing none of our "serious" passwords are in that list or
(2) it's some kind of strange interplay between various Disney websites - DVC, the main Disney site, Disney Cruise Line, Club Penguin, etc. It IS possible that we have used all the different items in the list at one time or another.

The e-mail came from an address with "twdc" in part of it - as in the Walt Disney Company.

I'm going to send my own e-mail to DVC Member Services (not replying to this one), but I know they are not so speedy on returning e-mails from what I've heard, so I thought I would just ask if anyone has a clue how this could be, or if anyone got anything similar?

I would go back to mydvc.com and click on the same link. If you get the same e-mail, then you know it is coming from a reliable source. I doubt is is a phising scheme as it is providing you with information, not requesting it.

David

--

What you probably got was a list of all the log in names that Disney has for you and your family, attached to your email address.

That happened to me once, and I got all the log ins I have used, included ones my DD13 has used for various Disney sites.

I realized which one I used to sign in to DVC and was abe to log in.

I had a problem logging on to my Disney Movie Rewards account this afternoon and received a similar message. It is legit.

Thanks all - that makes me feel better. And yes, David that is the address that it came from - I didn't know if I should post it here or not. Glad to hear that it happened on the movie site and to others too.

I fell for a phishing e-mail once from an Amazon address a few years ago -- so dumb and I should have known better -- so now I am super suspicious!

Just another excellent Disney IT example, I guess!

I had the same issue. If all your sign-on names are linked to 1 e-mail address you get the list with them all

There have been problems in the past if a member has different log on info and/or email addresses for the different Disney websites. DVC pulls info from other Disney data bases and when the info doesn't match, things can go wrong.

A couple of years ago a Disney IT person sent me to a special website where I entered my contact info. He then updated all of the Disney websites with the same information and we haven't had a problem since.

:earsboy: Bill

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter