weird bug bites. any idea what they are?

disney world dreamer

DIS Veteran
don't worry i'm calling my doctor in the morning (although should i call my regular doctor or my dermatologist?)

i have two odd bug bites.
they are different.

one is on my leg and while it has been itchy for a few days i only noticed the weirdness today.
it has a ring around it.
any ideas?
upload_2015-7-30_0-7-8.png

the other one is on my shoulder area. idk if its one bite with a rash or if its several bites.
i only noticed it a few hours ago.
upload_2015-7-30_0-12-43.png

The first one looks like the classic Deer tick bullseye. See your doctor a.s.a.p. Lyme's disease causes that rash.

Second one looks less worrisome. Lots of bugs bite/sting in succession like that.

Hopefully it isn't lyme. Do you have sick symptoms. .like flu symptoms? I have had that and my dd was born with it. .not fun. It could be just a simple ringworm. Good luck at your doctors!

The first one looks like the classic Deer tick bullseye. See your doctor a.s.a.p. Lyme's disease causes that rash.

Second one looks less worrisome. Lots of bugs bite/sting in succession like that.
Don't want to throw you into a panic but this is EXACTLY what I thought when I saw it. Please go get it looked at. And the fact that the spot might go away doesn't mean you haven't contracted the bacteria.

so my mom the retired RN who was at a fair until 1am finally got home so i could show her.
she said looks like a tick bite.
i swear i cannot go down to our farm to go swimming anymore! i've been 4 times in the last 8 days and i've gotten numerous bites each time.
i got that one on sunday and just assumed it was a mosquito bite.
she told me to call my regular dr when they open at 8am.
i'll come back with an update.

Yeah, looks like a deer tick bite. They may put you on antibiotics to avoid lyme, but I think you have to be within a 48 hr. window to start antibiotics. Otherwise, you have to wait and see if lyme develops, they may do a blood test for lyme, but I think you have to wait at least 6 or 8 weeks. Let us know what happens.

That actually doesn't look like a deer tick bite to me - it looks like a mosquito bite that's swollen up a bit. When I get deer tick bites they itch like crazy but don't swell like that - they stay pretty small. And they itch for a very long time - like 2 or 3 weeks, as compared to mosquito bites which usually are gone in a week or so.

That actually doesn't look like a deer tick bite to me - it looks like a mosquito bite that's swollen up a bit. When I get deer tick bites they itch like crazy but don't swell like that - they stay pretty small. And they itch for a very long time - like 2 or 3 weeks, as compared to mosquito bites which usually are gone in a week or so.

its really not swollen though.
the bite is pretty small and the ring is completely flat to my skin not swollen and puffy.

well i'm going to the dr in about 30 minutes so i'll give an update when i get back.

indeed it is a tick bite.
i've been started on antibiotics and i got blood work for lyme disease which has to be repeated in a few months.
i was told that they other bites were not concerning.

Thats what I though, classic bulls eye. Good to stay on top of it and take the antibiotics and get the blood test. Best of luck, it you do have lyme, the fact that you caught it early it VERY good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter