weight watchers

paysensmom

DIS Veteran
Can I do this without paying almost $50 to sign up?:scared1:
I am nursing, do they adapt for this?
Thanks a bunch!!

Just wanted to say that I have done weight watchers after all three of my children while I was nursing, you will be given extra points to use. Not sure about the fee, but I thought I saw a commerical that was currently advertising that you could join for free.

Good Luck!

That is correct, right now sign up is free. Also, on the sign up questionnaire it asks if you are nursing and you will get quite a few additional points! It is a good, well balanced, healthy, lifetime program. Good luck if you decide to join.

If you go to weightwatchers dot com there is a "join free" deal if you pay for 3 months up front. You can certainly join while nursing. I THINK they do not let you do the online program if you are nursing. Good luck to you! :)

They do adjust your points for nursing moms. I did that with my first son.
As far as the cost, you should be able to pay week by week if you didn't want to sign up for the monthly pass. Also look and see if they are having free sign up. I LOVE WW.

hmm... if they don't let me do the online program I won't be doing it. We live an hour away from any major town. I am on the fence. Decisions.....

I don't know why they wouldn't let you do it online if you are nursing. If it doesn't calculate it you could ask someone online how many points to add to your daily total. It can work.

Exclusively breastfeeding you add 14 points per day if you are supplementing or baby is also on baby food add 7 points per day.

I just joined www.myfitnesspal.com based on someone's suggestion from the dis boards. It is free, tracks your calories/exercise and has an online support community. You could try it for free, at least. :)

LOVE Weight Watchers! Started last Feb. and lost 25 pounds of baby weight (my "baby" is only 12 now ;) ) A totally doable lifestyle change. Good luck!

I did Weight Watchers online as well. Started the day after I got home from the hospital. I gained 60 pounds during my pregnancy. I lost the 60 I gained nursing and doing Weight Watchers in 8 weeks. The program works.

I did WW online a few years ago, it was great!

I'm pregnant now, I'm going to see how fast the weight comes off after I deliver and start nursing, if it's coming off on it's own I won't join, but if I hit a plateau then I'll sign up for sure.

My friend had a baby in the spring and was able to join WW while nursing. She goes to meetings though.

I just joined www.myfitnesspal.com based on someone's suggestion from the dis boards. It is free, tracks your calories/exercise and has an online support community. You could try it for free, at least. :)

I would check out www.myfitnesspal.com - it's free and you can still log what you've eaten similar to WW online - I would try this and see how it works for you.

My Fitness Pal is WONDERFUL. Best of all, it is free! I have already lost 12 lbs in a month by simply counting my calories (not even exercising because I just started work outs this week as I have an injury). The community is great and it promotes healthy and sustainable weight loss. We don't support fad diets or anything dangerous. We also have a lot of ex-Weight Watcher members over there who find it just as good and with a better online community.

I started WW online last March. My DS is 17 mos and obviously on solid foods now, but I use the extra 7 points a day since he's still a frequent nurser. I had no problems signing up for it. I've done WW off and on for the past six years. It's slow and steady weight loss that's pretty sustainable.

hmm... if they don't let me do the online program I won't be doing it. We live an hour away from any major town. I am on the fence. Decisions.....

Check out the meeting locations... I am literally from the boonies and there were two meetings within 10 minutes, and another 10 or so within 1/2 an hour :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter