Weight Watchers Chat -- Part III

My first week back was a success! Down 1lb...only 6 more to go to hit my lowest and get back to really losing!

Hello All, I woke up today and I just knew I had to join WW again. We are trying to plan a Disney trip and at my current weight I won't fit on the rides-lol. I am having trouble deciding between the meeting and doing it on line. What are you all doing? Does anyone have any suggestions??

I love WW Online. It is so convenient, and the app is great. This is my second time on WW, and I've done online both times. The only drawback in my eyes is not being able to get to Lifetime status.

I do get why people like meetings, and if that kind of accountability helps, then I'd go with that.

It's the middle of my first week and I made the mistake of weighing in. I'm down 6 pounds after around 4 days. I'm eating all my points and some of my weekly points. Is it water weight?

Hello All, I woke up today and I just knew I had to join WW again. We are trying to plan a Disney trip and at my current weight I won't fit on the rides-lol. I am having trouble deciding between the meeting and doing it on line. What are you all doing? Does anyone have any suggestions??
Online for me, too. I really like the app and I like being able to weigh in at home right when I wake up (nekkid! TMI?! :teeth:).

I think it works for me because I'm really independent and wasn't a fan of the meetings - but I very well could have had a different experience with a different leader, so YMMV. :)

For me I'm a meeting person. Online there would still be the denial and lying and avoidance there was before.

Plus if you do meetings, once you hit Lifetime it's all free (meetings and etools) as long as you meet the lifetime guidelines. With online that doesn't happen. Though you can join meetings once you are close (some meetings allow you to join with just 5lbs to go, others require 10 or so), make goal and lifetime, then weigh in at goal once a month to get it all free.

It's the middle of my first week and I made the mistake of weighing in. I'm down 6 pounds after around 4 days. I'm eating all my points and some of my weekly points. Is it water weight?

6lbs is going to be made up of lots of water and some fat. Also likely some, er, excess bulk that was in your digestive system. But that's ok and normal. Have fun with the first losses if they are high. They will settle soon enough.

It's also normal that you might not show 6 lost on your actual weighin day don't let it psych you out! Weight loss isn't linear, it doesn't always make sense, so do your best and keep on going.

It's terrific you are already exploring the weekly points! I lost almost all my weight with all weekly and all carefully calculated activity points, and don't know how I could have done it if my body had rejected that much food. :)

I do it online. If you need the accountability, the meetings are great. It just depends on the person!

Some of this is water weight. It always happens the first week. Just don't get discouraged if you don't have big numbers every week. You're doing great!

So, I'm officially discouraged. I feel like I'm eating too much. Today, I finished out my day (with no snacks) at around 9 pm. After tallying it all up in my journal before I logged it online, I was missing around nine points. I didn't want to eat them, though :/

My fiance told me to go ahead and eat a snack, and made me two turkey sliders (4 oz cajun turkey, hawaiian roll, and a slice of tomato) to finish off the points, plus one weekly point.

How do you know if you're eating too much?

I've dealt with eating disorders before, and I'm terrified of failing. I think I just need guidance.

I rejoined in June. I lost almost 13lbs in 3 weeks and now I am stalled. I have been going up and down on 3 lbs for the last 3 months. Following points and eating what I am supposed to but it isn't budging. I just started a new 15 week session yesterday. I get 34 points a day and I eat them all, and a few of my weekly points. 3 days a week I walk 3 miles as fast as I can to prepare for my first 5K (sounds impressive, but I'm pretty sure I will be the last to cross the finish line as it takes me between 50-55 minutes to do it).

I have a Fitbit that I track my steps with, I only hit 10k steps on days that I walk 3 miles and other days I am around 5-7k. After this 5K my goal is to try to hit 10-15k a day to prepare for walking at Disney.

When I joined in June my goal was to lose 50lbs by the trip in March. That goal is disappearing. Any suggestions are appreciated.

So, I'm officially discouraged. I feel like I'm eating too much. Today, I finished out my day (with no snacks) at around 9 pm. After tallying it all up in my journal before I logged it online, I was missing around nine points. I didn't want to eat them, though :/

My fiance told me to go ahead and eat a snack, and made me two turkey sliders (4 oz cajun turkey, hawaiian roll, and a slice of tomato) to finish off the points, plus one weekly point.

How do you know if you're eating too much?

I've dealt with eating disorders before, and I'm terrified of failing. I think I just need guidance.

First question...have you read your program materials? You know what the Good Health Guidelines are? You are following them?

I wonder if your daily points are on the higher side? Sometimes when the points are higher it can feel overwhelming to follow the GHGs, make healthier and fresher choices, AND eat the points. It's far easier to eat 30 points in a hamburger than in a day's worth of fresh and good choices. The burger takes up a lot less room! And when the points are even higher than that it's even harder sometimes. DH started at the max; 71 points. And because he was over a certain weight his GHGs included 9 servings of fruits/veggies per day. I think he hit that one time. Just SO much food.

And make sure you are calculating points correctly. For instance, if you're drinking soy milk, use the nutrition information on the actual soy milk you're drinking, don't use the average points for a soy milk in the tracker.

If you attend meetings, talk about this with your leader! S/He can go over your height age and weight, and look over your trackers to help make sure you're doing it right.

But definitely read your plan materials! Do it again if you already have, and just do it if you haven't. :)

I rejoined in June. I lost almost 13lbs in 3 weeks and now I am stalled. I have been going up and down on 3 lbs for the last 3 months. Following points and eating what I am supposed to but it isn't budging. I just started a new 15 week session yesterday. I get 34 points a day and I eat them all, and a few of my weekly points. 3 days a week I walk 3 miles as fast as I can to prepare for my first 5K (sounds impressive, but I'm pretty sure I will be the last to cross the finish line as it takes me between 50-55 minutes to do it).

I have a Fitbit that I track my steps with, I only hit 10k steps on days that I walk 3 miles and other days I am around 5-7k. After this 5K my goal is to try to hit 10-15k a day to prepare for walking at Disney.

When I joined in June my goal was to lose 50lbs by the trip in March. That goal is disappearing. Any suggestions are appreciated.

It's hard to plan out weight loss. Bodies are funny things. Having a goal of making better choices every day, of getting healthier, and letting the weight loss fall where it can is going to be a fabulous sort of long term goal.

13 in 3 weeks is astonishingly amazing. If you attend meetings, I hope the leader/receptionist helped you know that that was absolutely slow down.

Being stalled for 3 months. No losses whatsoever? Nothing? I ask because many times people will say no losses, but they mean .2, .4, that sort of thing. Those are bonafide losses.

Are you making sure to track every bite, lick, and taste? Are you following the nutrition information on product labels, rather than going by the generic/averages for items in the tracker?

Do you measure everything? I weigh almost everything. Ice cream, peanut butter, butter, just about everything. The things I don't weigh, I use measuring cups/spoons for. So...beverages with points, half and half, sugar...those are measured.

I eat every point. Every Daily point (and once I was closing in on goal and was at 26 points that was still making me lose too fast so I bumped it up to 29), every weekly point, and just about every carefully calculated activity point from almost the beginning. IN order to do this, I *have to* be incredibly careful when tracking. I have to have 14 grams of butter, not 15. 28-33 grams of almonds, not 34, because that takes it up a point. (though usually I use 28 grams because it's on the low side of the same number of points) etc

And like I asked the other poster, are you following the Good Health Guidelines? Sometimes those can make the difference. Or at least make things nicer; when I eat my oils, my hair and nails are awesome.

And as for myself, I re-hit goal range today. Whew. September was very difficult and annoying.

The issue is, as I was mentioning, when losing I ate quite a few points! I was really looking forward to eating even more points to maintain. Alas, I called myself at goal on an arbitrary date because I just wanted to eat. I had started training for a Half and was just in need of more food.

And ever since then it's a struggle. I've actually never gone beyond 3 points/day over what I was doing while losing. And I've struggled.

My husband reminds me that when I was actively losing I was running a TON. Before I called it goal, I had run the TOT last year, and that absolutely ruined me for treadmill running. Oh how I hate the treadmill now. And because of schedule and circumstances, even while training for a Half and another and then one in August and soon in November and January (with some 10Ks in there) I'm actually running less than I was while actively losing. That's the thing that has changed.

And in the meantime I'm doing yoga and pilates and weight training (love getting muscles!) and Spin, and people at the gym say super-nice things to me all the time, and I feel great.

But I had to pay for September because I was out of goal range (same for April), and the other months have been a struggle.

The cynical side of me says "welcome to maintaining your weight!" but then...the happy bright side of me says the same thing, just with a different tone. Because that's what this is. Maintaining my weight. For the rest of my life. It's not romantic or exciting and it doesn't involve kudos every week or lots of stickers or keychains...it just is what it is and this is what I wanted! And it's what I have never EVER done before. So that's pretty darned cool. And if I struggle, that's OK. I'm brand new at this! As I child I was growing, as a teen I was a bit over what my doctor wanted me to be, as a teen in the 80s I had a hippy, 36B figure while my friends were 95 lbs (or so they said), and the "last 5 lbs" tortured me. Then I went to college. up 20. Joined a varsity sport...up more, but I got really fit. Was put on the lightweight side of the sport...had to get down on the scale, but that was a struggle. Grad school...up, down, up, down. Real life. Up, down, up up up. Down. Met DH, up. Saw a picture of ourselves. Ack! Had to drop weight. Got married. Got insta-pregnant. Up Up and up. Lost weight. DS turned 2. Gained. Gained more and more and hey, how about some more!?

The mental game of this whole "last 5 lbs" thing is harder for me than the concept of losing the first 80 was. Crazy. (because I'm at about 81 lost right now, not the 85 in the sig, but my sig does say 'working to maintain' the loss, which I am, basically)

Hit the GHGs, make sure I'm making better choices every day. Try to run more. Keep on going! Pay attention to waist bands. :) That's the list of my current endeavors.

13 in 3 weeks is astonishingly amazing. If you attend meetings, I hope the leader/receptionist helped you know that that was absolutely slow down.

This I knew. I was actually a leader in WW for 2 years before having my kids (which is how the weight came back). This was 10 years ago and I let the weight creep back up.

Being stalled for 3 months. No losses whatsoever? Nothing? I ask because many times people will say no losses, but they mean .2, .4, that sort of thing. Those are bonafide losses.

Nope, no losses whatsoever. I actually weigh .2lbs more than the highest weight loss I achieved. I go up and down in the same pound every week.

Are you making sure to track every bite, lick, and taste? Are you following the nutrition information on product labels, rather than going by the generic/averages for items in the tracker?

I track like it is a religion. Before I was a leader I had lost 75lbs. My DH referred to me as Captain Kill Joy because I was so controlled on what I ate. I am still doing it that way. My leader is also at a loss on why it is happening.

Do you measure everything? I weigh almost everything. Ice cream, peanut butter, butter, just about everything. The things I don't weigh, I use measuring cups/spoons for. So...beverages with points, half and half, sugar...those are measured.

My scale sits right by my stove and I do measure anything else.

And like I asked the other poster, are you following the Good Health Guidelines? Sometimes those can make the difference. Or at least make things nicer; when I eat my oils, my hair and nails are awesome.

I do follow the GHG although it isn't as easy these days. I am making a completely different meal for myself than for the rest of the family.

I broke down this weekend and am trying the WW app, I have already discovered that the app I was using was not calculating correctly on a few foods (it was underestimating the points). I eat all of my daily points and sometimes use all of my weekly. If it has been underestimating foods it could be the cause if I am getting more points than I thought I was. I am not going to be able to use the app forever though as I am paying for weekly meetings and money does not grow on trees. I do like that the app connects to my Fitbit so I know how many activity points I am getting as opposed to guessing. I liked it much better when I could calculate points in my head (I had a formula in my head based on the slide). Having to buy a calculator or use the app makes it very inconvenient.

I broke down this weekend and am trying the WW app, I have already discovered that the app I was using was not calculating correctly on a few foods (it was underestimating the points). I eat all of my daily points and sometimes use all of my weekly. If it has been underestimating foods it could be the cause if I am getting more points than I thought I was. I am not going to be able to use the app forever though as I am paying for weekly meetings and money does not grow on trees. I do like that the app connects to my Fitbit so I know how many activity points I am getting as opposed to guessing. I liked it much better when I could calculate points in my head (I had a formula in my head based on the slide). Having to buy a calculator or use the app makes it very inconvenient.

Well dang, there goes all of my ideas!

Can I send you my calculator? I don't use it anymore since I only use the app or my computer (and DH has a calculator if I'm in a pinch). It does have one of those "skins" on it (the sort of mandala one if you've seen it). That might be removable. If you don't have one, maybe it can make things easier on you.

DH could calculate old Points in his head, too. Now he can *usually* get it, but the protein throws him every so often.

If you want my calculator, PM me your address, OK?

ETA: looking at my avatar caused this thought. I highly doubt this will be the case, given how strict you are, but in case you're including beer etc in your diet, is it possible that for some reason your system has a hard time losing while doing that? If I have more than a beer a week, usually, the scale isn't happy with me. I count it, I count the ounces, I track it, but still, nope. There's something about my system that has a really hard time with alcohol and weight loss.

Well dang, there goes all of my ideas!

Can I send you my calculator? I don't use it anymore since I only use the app or my computer (and DH has a calculator if I'm in a pinch). It does have one of those "skins" on it (the sort of mandala one if you've seen it). That might be removable. If you don't have one, maybe it can make things easier on you.

DH could calculate old Points in his head, too. Now he can *usually* get it, but the protein throws him every so often.

If you want my calculator, PM me your address, OK?

ETA: looking at my avatar caused this thought. I highly doubt this will be the case, given how strict you are, but in case you're including beer etc in your diet, is it possible that for some reason your system has a hard time losing while doing that? If I have more than a beer a week, usually, the scale isn't happy with me. I count it, I count the ounces, I track it, but still, nope. There's something about my system that has a really hard time with alcohol and weight loss.

I appreciate the calculator offer, but I could just get one at a meeting. My issue is being forced to use the caculator when they used to give you a way to do it for free. I know they are changing the program a little in November and there may be a new calculator coming out, too. My weigh in day is tomorrow, but the church we meet at is having revival so I either have to drive an hour away for a meeting or wait another week (which I am more apt to do).

I do not drink any alcohol so I know beer isn't an issue. I just never thought it was worth the points so I quit when I lost the first time. Then I was pregnant so didn't do it then, then pregnant again, then just never did it anymore. Haven't missed it at all.

I do appreciate any ideas you throw out. I am sure there is something I missing.

Maybe I should just go back to the old system. It worked 75lbs off me the last time.

If you have all the old materials then you could give it a shot.

How about trying simply filling? I haven't but many meeting friends have broken plateaus by trying it.

If you have all the old materials then you could give it a shot.

How about trying simply filling? I haven't but many meeting friends have broken plateaus by trying it.

The only issue I have with SS is that I am allergic to aspartame so it would cut a lot of the items on the SS list out (light yogurt, etc). My mom is doing SS though and has lost about 15 pounds. Drives me crazy.

This week I fell off the wagon. I have been trying so hard that I finally had that moment where I said forget it and ate what I wanted to eat. Now that is out of my system (really, the cookies are gone) I can get back on track. The thing is, even eating what I did I didn't use all my weekly points. Even when I'm bad I'm not bad.

I am running (mostly walking) my first 5k on Satuday. I will probably be dead last, but I am still going to try my hardest to be under 50 minutes. My last time I was at 51:32. I am going to walk Thursday morning then try to rest my legs until Saturday. The up side is the course of the 5k is much less hilly than my neighborhood. Downside is that it will be around 80F and I have been walking early morning when it is 70F.

Today is weigh in day, so I'm not sure what tonight will hold, but last week I was down .4. I was fine with that, better than up.4!

However, I had a bit of a "moment" yesterday. My doctor's office has set us up with an online system to keep track of our stuff like records, appointments, etc. So I was browsing through some old records and I was astounded...absolutely astounded, at 2 of my previous weights. I didn't go to the dr. much, but back in 2008 and 2009, I was much heavier than I remember. I don't know if I refused to look at the scale or if I have blocked the memory lol But according to the doctor's records, I was 18lbs heavier in 2009 than I was when I started WW last year in July. I'm not sure how I feel about it and it has been bothering me because I had no clue I was that heavy. So on one hand, I'm even happier with the fact that I took the step to WW and that officially, I'm about 40lbs lighter than my heaviest weight, so yay me! But on the other hand I'm still just STUNNED that I had gotten that heavy to begin with.

I also wanted to add that I love what Bumbershoot said...weight loss is NOT linear. I need to keep that in mind!

The only issue I have with SS is that I am allergic to aspartame so it would cut a lot of the items on the SS list out (light yogurt, etc). My mom is doing SS though and has lost about 15 pounds. Drives me crazy.

This week I fell off the wagon. I have been trying so hard that I finally had that moment where I said forget it and ate what I wanted to eat. Now that is out of my system (really, the cookies are gone) I can get back on track. The thing is, even eating what I did I didn't use all my weekly points. Even when I'm bad I'm not bad.

That's partially why I don't SF as well. I just don't use all that "lite" food.

Love that, that being bad still isn't bad.

My son and i followed DH on a quick work trip. IHOP is connected to the hotel. We had breakfast there and when relating what I had to DH he was astonished. But we finished at around 11 am and I didn't need more food until 8pm (and I'm not sure about that "need" word lol). My system recognized that I'd had adequate calories. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter