Weight Watchers Chat -- Part III

It's WI day! I gained 0.2 pounds. I'm up this week. Must be all that overeating over the weekend, we had a busy one and I am still struggling with controling my portions when out to restaurants.

Anybody have any tips?

We talked about this in our meeting today. A lot of members pretrack before they get to the restaurant. I know I look up food before I go to have an idea before I get to the restaurant. One member said he either has a potato or bread with his meal but not both. I know it's very difficult.

I''ve been struggling lately. Today at weigh in somehow I lost 3.6 over the last two weeks. I had to skip last week due to snow. My total loss is 19.8. I was totally floored to have lost the 3+' I was expecting that as a gain!!!! I have had a difficult time making good decisions. I hope now I can keep up the success of the last few weeks!!!!

We talked about this in our meeting today. A lot of members pretrack before they get to the restaurant. I know I look up food before I go to have an idea before I get to the restaurant. One member said he either has a potato or bread with his meal but not both. I know it's very difficult.

I''ve been struggling lately. Today at weigh in somehow I lost 3.6 over the last two weeks. I had to skip last week due to snow. My total loss is 19.8. I was totally floored to have lost the 3+' I was expecting that as a gain!!!! I have had a difficult time making good decisions. I hope now I can keep up the success of the last few weeks!!!!

Thank you for the tips. I will try to look up the info before I get to the restaurant.

Congrats on the loss! I know how you feel. Some weeks are better than others, and today is one day I am no good food wise. It happens. I also have a hard time making good decisions, especially food wise.

Let's keep this up!

MellieluvsDisney said:
It's WI day! I gained 0.2 pounds. I'm up this week. Must be all that overeating over the weekend, we had a busy one and I am still struggling with controling my portions when out to restaurants.

Anybody have any tips?

When your food comes, go ahead and ask for a container and divide up your food. That way, you aren't tempted to keep picking at it.

I wrote a blog about healthy traveling, and there is a lot about restaurants. http://healthybeautifulblessed.com/healthy-travel-tips/

Down -2.0 lbs today!!! Total -34.8 :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2: Still working on making myself exercise:yay:---it's does make a difference for my weight loss.
Changed my trip to Disney to Dec 1-6th. Decided that I would enjoy it more after loosing more weight---and I LOVE the Christmas decorations :mickeyjum:mickeyjum

okiedisnut said:
Down -2.0 lbs today!!! Total -34.8 :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2: Still working on making myself exercise:yay:---it's does make a difference for my weight loss.
Changed my trip to Disney to Dec 1-6th. Decided that I would enjoy it more after loosing more weight---and I LOVE the Christmas decorations :mickeyjum:mickeyjum

Congrats! Yes, it is more fun to vacation when you are smaller! I went to Disneyland just 2 months into this and it was so much more enjoyable.

Everyone is doing just awesome! Question: does anyone get anxious before weigh in? Like tomorrow is my WI day and I ate poorly today. Not really hugely over points but not "good" (which for me means thoughtful, planned, premeasured eating as opposed to more "emotional" junky eating). Anywho, I am stressed about WI tomorrow. Today my sneak peak showed me at .7 down, but still not sure. I seem to fluctuate quite a bit depending on water retention. (as much as 2 pounds or more - if I eat anything salty I get really swolen!) anyway, not sure how to rid myself of this scale anxiety. Any thoughts?

rjb123 said:
Everyone is doing just awesome! Question: does anyone get anxious before weigh in? Like tomorrow is my WI day and I ate poorly today. Not really hugely over points but not "good" (which for me means thoughtful, planned, premeasured eating as opposed to more "emotional" junky eating). Anywho, I am stressed about WI tomorrow. Today my sneak peak showed me at .7 down, but still not sure. I seem to fluctuate quite a bit depending on water retention. (as much as 2 pounds or more - if I eat anything salty I get really swolen!) anyway, not sure how to rid myself of this scale anxiety. Any thoughts?

You have to realize that the scale will go up and come down, especially with water retention. It is just part of the process. If it goes up, evaluate yourself. Did you eat right and exercise all week? If yes, just know you did all you could do, it was beyond your control, and it will come back down. If no, what could you have done differently? Learn from it and move on. If you have these thoughts ahead of time, you won't have so much anxiety. The anxiety doesn't help you any. In fact, it can be a detriment to you. Stress can cause your body to hang onto the weight, or even gain more belly fat.

All of that being said...I don't always follow my own advice. I try!

I was down .6 Tuesday night -- that makes 3.2 lbs to go before my mid-April trip to WDW. Can I do it? Easter is coming and that will be a big eating day.

Last week I discovered that a local shop sells white-iced cinnamon rolls that would put the rolls at Main St. Bakery or Starring Rolls to shame. I stayed within points each day that I had one -- but I had 3! Oh, they were sooo good. Yesterday dh wanted to buy more and I drove straight past the shop. No way am I going in there . . . until May. :lmao:

I was down .6 Tuesday night -- that makes 3.2 lbs to go before my mid-April trip to WDW. Can I do it? Easter is coming and that will be a big eating day.

Last week I discovered that a local shop sells white-iced cinnamon rolls that would put the rolls at Main St. Bakery or Starring Rolls to shame. I stayed within points each day that I had one -- but I had 3! Oh, they were sooo good. Yesterday dh wanted to buy more and I drove straight past the shop. No way am I going in there . . . until May. :lmao:

When will you be down there?

I had my weigh in last night and I lost 1.2. It was pretty funny because there were 4 of us sitting at the same table and we all lost exactly 1.2!

I skipped WI yesterday because I had to take my DD to an orthodontist appointment. My old leader who quit WW for another opportunity that didn't pan out came back and one of her new meetings was today so I went to it. I realized how much I missed her! Unfortunately, the other leaders moved into the "good" meeting times and I'm not 100% thrilled with a Thursday morning WI. I used to cheat a lot when I weighed in on Fridays and I am afraid I might do the same with a Thursday WI. BUT ... I "knew" everyone at the meeting. There were only 9 of us with at least two Lifetime members and one of which was on the Oprah show last year ... he was the one who said his *ahem* male anatomy was bigger after he lost 100+ lbs :lmao:. I really like Dawn so I'll give Thursdays a try.

Anyway ... I was down 1.4 lbs. I think that some of it was my clothes. I had on a pair of sweatpants instead of my regular jeans. BUT, the difference in clothes is NOT that much so I still lost :cool1:.

You always have the option to go to your meeting and skip the weigh in. Knowing that helped me get over my scale anxiety. I could go to the meeting, not feel like a loser (or gainer, in reality) and still get the mental boost from attending the meeting.

When will you be down there?

April 15 - 26 at POFQ. (That is, if our doggie passes away by then. Doesn't that sound awful? She's been living on borrowed time for so long. We canceled our trip last year because she hadn't died and we thought for sure she would be gone by now. But I think now that she "goes" all over the house and has canine dementia dh is beginning to realize that it might be time to make the decision.)

My old leader who quit WW for another opportunity that didn't pan out came back and one of her new meetings was today so I went to it. I realized how much I missed her!

The leader can make all the difference -- but so can the people who attend. We love our Tuesday night meetings because of the leader AND the people. I've gone to the same leader's other meetings, and there is a big difference. My dd said it is because the morning meetings are filled with a bunch of old ladies who talk old lady stuff, lol. Our evening meeting is a nice mix of ages and sex with a lot of participation.

Yay for 1.2!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter