Weight Watchers Chat -- Part III

Thanks Stephanie. You always know just what to say. You are an inspiration! I know you've had a rough time of it, too, but it's so good to see someone with lifetime at goal still working it. Every once in awhile I have a realization that this will never be "over," but that's okay. Look who I've met along the way.

So, yesterday I didn't eat all of my points. I had too many left over and that is just stupid. It was a messed up day though -- too focused on being perfect. Didn't have much of a breakfast, did okay at lunch, and then didn't eat dinner until 8:00. In the meantime, went to DD's senior recognition at her Cross Country invitational (both the boys and the girls from my DD's school won!). When we got home, I was inspired to go do a 4 mile run with a 1/2 mile walk added on. I am a much slower runner than my DD, but she always gives me support. Today I am doing better eating wise. Can I keep this up until the next WI? I'll sure try.

Go Sandi! :cheer2:

Hey everyone..
I've been trying to get better at cooking at home, freezing meals ahead of time, etc rather than eating on the go / out of a package or eating out so much. This was my first week of really sticking to it. I made a couple of recipes on Sunday from a blog I found and pre portioned them so we could just grab and reheat. I have to say- Not bad :)
Now I'm trying to bookmark LOTS of WW friendly recipes that I want to try so it keeps me moving forward in that direction.
I've pinned some on Pinterest here but are there any WW friendly blogs that you get recipes from other than WW itself? I'd love links so I can keep bookmarking /pinning.

christinascreative said:
Hey everyone..
I've been trying to get better at cooking at home, freezing meals ahead of time, etc rather than eating on the go / out of a package or eating out so much. This was my first week of really sticking to it. I made a couple of recipes on Sunday from a blog I found and pre portioned them so we could just grab and reheat. I have to say- Not bad :)
Now I'm trying to bookmark LOTS of WW friendly recipes that I want to try so it keeps me moving forward in that direction.
I've pinned some on Pinterest here but are there any WW friendly blogs that you get recipes from other than WW itself? I'd love links so I can keep bookmarking /pinning.

My #1 is skinnytaste.com I have a few more but don't know the websites off the top of my head I'll post them later :)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

It was so amusing to me last Sat with my 4.2lb gain, but now that we're home and I'm trying to get back in the swing of things, it's not so funny! Thankfully the scale is going down and I can see that the "bloat" from Disneyland is working itself out, but I really need to stick with the Daily points (not what I normally do) b/c I had Sat, Sun, and Mon with themepark/airport food!

Side note: anyone know the nutrition info for an "iced chocolate chip scone" from Starbucks? I cannot find it on their website at all (or on the tracker) and would love to know the damage I did during our layover, LOL. I wonder if it's on the paper pamphlet they have in their stores...

It'll all work out over the next 2 or so weeks, I'm sure of that, but wowza, it's harder than I expected! (on the other hand, I'm doing so much better than in my sordid WW-quitting past, where I would let this throw me so much I'd quit and decide to gain it all back out of hatred of self...so there's that! :yay:)

christinascreative said:
Hey everyone..

I love to cook and have been scouring the web for some great WW friendly recipes over the past few months. Some of my favorite WW recipe websites, or recipes with nutritional content included where you can use your WW calculator to figure out the points are:

Skinnytaste.com
Greenlitebites.com
Slenderkitchen.com
Laloosh.com
Snack-girl.com
Eat-yourself-skinny.com
Nutmegnotebook.com
Simple-nourished-living.com

Okay. I could really use the "how to beat the night time munchies" lesson right now! I know it's the theme for next week, but . . .

I've brushed my teeth and crawled into bed, but the refrigerator is calling me. Must go to sleep. Good night all.

Well I tracked every single thing today even though I really really didn't want to. Getting a new hair style tomorrow will hopefully perk me up!

figment814 said:
I am only about two weeks in on my umpteenth go around on weight watchers and I am struggling a bit with protein and keeping myself full throughout the day. I know I am probably reserving too many points for the evening, so I could probably take a few from there to have a higher protein snack. Any suggestions for middle of the day snacks with protein?

(I do have access to a fridge at work.)

Right now, I'm thinking I could hard boil some eggs and eat those, or get some of the mini packs of almonds. (I think Greek Yogurt is high in protein, but I just don't like it.) Any other thoughts?

Check into shakeology. It works for me in the same way your asking for help. Keep some fresh fruit on hand, a pickle maybe. Or even some tuna packets...

I had my second 5K this past Saturday and I ran it in record time for me (34.04 mins). It felt so good so I was feeling really good at weigh in last night.....but I gained .8!!! I think I celebrated too much Saturday night, it was the only time I used my bonus points. Oh well, it's a new week starting today.

Thanks for all replies about protein, I did try Greek yogurt again yesterday, and I still don't like it at all. But, it did keep me full longer. I won't eat it much, but on days where I may have to go a longer period time without eating, I'll keep it in mind.

So now for good news, the good news and the bad news. First, today was my weigh in day and I stared in disbelief at the scale, I am down 5.2 this week! I am a daily weighed so I knew the numbers were going down, but there was a nice jump from yesterday so I was truly shocked. This is only my second full week, and last week was a .6, so I figured I'd see more pronounced progress this week but wowza!

The other good news is I head to Disney World today!!!!! The bad(ish) news is that I am still so close to the beginning of my journey, that I want to curb any gains as much as possible while still enjoying myself, and i'm apprehensive. I have a plan (breakfast in the room, fruit ad veggies or snacks) but I still want to eat and make good choices. I have combed through the menus for counter service, and am struggling to find the best choices. For example I thought the lighthouse sandwich would be a good choice in MK at Columbia harbor house (hummus, broccoli slaw on multigrain bread). By plugging it into the recipe builder it's 14 points! Am I really better, points wise, with a hot dog? Plus, the menus give good ideas but they don 't tell you if it tastes good!

Any food suggestions or other ideas!?

Thanks for all replies about protein, I did try Greek yogurt again yesterday, and I still don't like it at all. But, it did keep me full longer. I won't eat it much, but on days where I may have to go a longer period time without eating, I'll keep it in mind.

So now for good news, the good news and the bad news. First, today was my weigh in day and I stared in disbelief at the scale, I am down 5.2 this week! I am a daily weighed so I knew the numbers were going down, but there was a nice jump from yesterday so I was truly shocked. This is only my second full week, and last week was a .6, so I figured I'd see more pronounced progress this week but wowza!

The other good news is I head to Disney World today!!!!! The bad(ish) news is that I am still so close to the beginning of my journey, that I want to curb any gains as much as possible while still enjoying myself, and i'm apprehensive. I have a plan (breakfast in the room, fruit ad veggies or snacks) but I still want to eat and make good choices. I have combed through the menus for counter service, and am struggling to find the best choices. For example I thought the lighthouse sandwich would be a good choice in MK at Columbia harbor house (hummus, broccoli slaw on multigrain bread). By plugging it into the recipe builder it's 14 points! Am I really better, points wise, with a hot dog? Plus, the menus give good ideas but they don 't tell you if it tastes good!

Congratulations on the loss. Have a great trip. I'm sorry I can't give any words of wisdom on sticking with WW at WDW because I don't get to try that for another 186 days. :)

I love to cook and have been scouring the web for some great WW friendly recipes over the past few months. Some of my favorite WW recipe websites, or recipes with nutritional content included where you can use your WW calculator to figure out the points are:

Skinnytaste.com
Greenlitebites.com
Slenderkitchen.com
Laloosh.com
Snack-girl.com
Eat-yourself-skinny.com
Nutmegnotebook.com
Simple-nourished-living.com

Thanks so much for this! This will keep me busy for awhile :)

Down .8 tonight! That was a surprise. So I sort of made it to 57 pounds off for my 57th birthday. (The total off is 57.2 and my birthday was last Friday, the day I tracked 57 points, must be something about that number!)

I was going to be happy to break even this week after my birthday food choices (two crepes in one day is probably not a good idea). So I was real surprised when I was told I was down .8. Then I hear my daughter at the scale next to me told, "Good job, Joanna, down 4 lbs this week." She is down a total of 62 pounds now and she is looking good.

My other daughter quit WW online this week and is doing something called Live Strong (I'm not familiar with it, but she says she'd rather count calories than points).
Congratulations making your goal of 57 pounds by your 57th birthday! You are a real inspiration to all of us :goodvibes. Congratulations to your DD too! What little stinker to pass you up on your birthday week :rotfl:.

Can't believe that I have had 4 straight days of eating a meal out! Even happier that I made excellent choices and that don't feel like my weight loss efforts have been derailed.

I pulled a couple more clothing items out of my closet. Its nice to have less clothes in there and also to have the clothes all fit, instead of having multiple sizes! I haven't lost a lot of weight, but I'm amazed at the difference between a 24 and a 20-it will make packing for my weekend trip in 2 weeks a lot easier, since I am bringing a carry on. The pants are so much smaller!

Roasted some veggies tonight for lunch tomorrow. Bringing breakfast and lunch to work has been great for my food choices but also my pocketbook-the savings have almost paid for our gym membership!

Julia
Julia, you had a couple of GREAT non-scale victories! Give yourself a big pat on your back :cheer2:.

figment814 said:

Congrats on the big loss! I posted a few weeks ago about the same worries, I've since downloaded as many of the menus as I could to my smart phone so I'm able to browse them while in line for a ride and we are deciding where to eat. I'm going to try and stick to simply filling, and save my WP's for my frozen bananas and Mickey Ice Creams. Just remember you are going to do a ton of walking, so you'll have some extra activity points too.

Yesterday was weigh-in day and I lost 1 pound bringing my weight loss to 16 pounds since June.

That 1 pound I lost is of the 3 pounds I had gained during vacation. So I'm 2 pounds away from my pre-vacation weight. :cool1:

I am happy with the 1 pound lost, since it was really not easy to go back on track after my vacation and I did overeat a lot since coming home.

I am 33 pounds away from goal, and 8 pounds away from my 10% lost.

Have a great week everybody, and keep up the great work!! :thumbsup2

My #1 is skinnytaste.com I have a few more but don't know the websites off the top of my head I'll post them later :)
I like Skinny Taste too! It's real food. I will also sometimes look at Hungry Girl, but she seems to be more of a pre-packaged Frankenfood shill than anything else. I still really like her Laughing Cow (tm) Alfredo.

Side note: anyone know the nutrition info for an "iced chocolate chip scone" from Starbucks? I cannot find it on their website at all (or on the tracker) and would love to know the damage I did during our layover, LOL. I wonder if it's on the paper pamphlet they have in their stores...

It'll all work out over the next 2 or so weeks, I'm sure of that, but wowza, it's harder than I expected! (on the other hand, I'm doing so much better than in my sordid WW-quitting past, where I would let this throw me so much I'd quit and decide to gain it all back out of hatred of self...so there's that! :yay:)
I would probably just write down the scone with no points or I would estimate it the best that I could. It I wouldn't get all hung up on it. Write it down and own it and then move on. Congratulations on (1) hanging in there after a big weight gain and (2) getting right back to it without taking a few more "freebie" days.

Okay. I could really use the "how to beat the night time munchies" lesson right now! I know it's the theme for next week, but . . .

I've brushed my teeth and crawled into bed, but the refrigerator is calling me. Must go to sleep. Good night all.
Did it work? I might try the teeth brushing thing :thumbsup2.

Well I tracked every single thing today even though I really really didn't want to. Getting a new hair style tomorrow will hopefully perk me up!
Whoo-double-hoo on your NSV :cool1:. Enjoy your new hairstyle.

I had my second 5K this past Saturday and I ran it in record time for me (34.04 mins). It felt so good so I was feeling really good at weigh in last night.....but I gained .8!!! I think I celebrated too much Saturday night, it was the only time I used my bonus points. Oh well, it's a new week starting today.
Wow! Nice time! Bonus points? You mean your weekly points?

I had an interesting couple of days. My Tuesday was 10 points over :scared:. I made tacos (which are perfectly OK and within my points) but I had a light beer with it. That one tasted so good, I ended up with two more. Oops. I made up for it yesterday, though. I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off and I missed making dinner before my DD needed to be at swimming at 7:00. So, I stopped by Noodles and Company for my DD but I had to drop off some closes at a consignment sale so I didn't get anything for me. I picked up my DD at 9:30 and I was ready to gnaw my arm off. I stopped at Culvers and I would usually buy a snack pack burger. I didn't ... I bought a Fresco salad with mango vinaigrette.

Did it work? I might try the teeth brushing thing :thumbsup2.

Let's just say I'm glad our bedrooms are on the second floor. I stayed away from the kitchen, but it took me forever to fall asleep.

I had an interesting couple of days. My Tuesday was 10 points over :scared:. I made tacos (which are perfectly OK and within my points) but I had a light beer with it. That one tasted so good, I ended up with two more. Oops. I made up for it yesterday, though. I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off and I missed making dinner before my DD needed to be at swimming at 7:00. So, I stopped by Noodles and Company for my DD but I had to drop off some closes at a consignment sale so I didn't get anything for me. I picked up my DD at 9:30 and I was ready to gnaw my arm off. I stopped at Culvers and I would usually buy a snack pack burger. I didn't ... I bought a Fresco salad with mango vinaigrette.

Sometimes you just need a few beers! You're in Wisconsin for goodness sake -- isn't that like the state beverage!? Beer and Brats? Good job on the dinner choice. I didn't even know Culver's had salads. Good to know.

Thanks for all replies about protein, I did try Greek yogurt again yesterday, and I still don't like it at all......

For example I thought the lighthouse sandwich would be a good choice in MK at Columbia harbor house (hummus, broccoli slaw on multigrain bread). By plugging it into the recipe builder it's 14 points! Am I really better, points wise, with a hot dog? Plus, the menus give good ideas but they don 't tell you if it tastes good!

I have never liked plain yogurt, but I mix my Fage greek yogurt with half a serving of Trader Joes organic lowfat raspberry yogurt. Increases the points of the "meal", but for me it's really worth it. Sometimes I do half a serving of Fage, sometimes a full serving, sometimes in between, depending on the sweetness I want (I always do the same amount of raspberry) or the bulk of the food or how many points I have to spare.

That sandwich is absolutely delicious, at least to me and my hubby. 100% goodness.

I'm starting to rethink things the longer I'm back in WW, but before WW I would come home from DLR, WDW, and/or Universal with baggier pants simply because of all the walking. This did not work on our recent trip, because we were tired from the nasty colds we had gotten over, it was absolutely scorching hot, and then DH started to get the cold. Our days were slow and short, and it made a difference.

But normally, all the walking helps balance it out even when I'm not watching my food carefully.

Hopefully that will work out for you, too.

Oh, and it's worth thinking about if you would end up getting TWO hot dogs, if the one didn't fill you up...whereas you can get the sandwich and a side of broccoli from that restaurant, and have a fuller belly for longer.

I would probably just write down the scone with no points or I would estimate it the best that I could. It I wouldn't get all hung up on it. Write it down and own it and then move on. Congratulations on (1) hanging in there after a big weight gain and (2) getting right back to it without taking a few more "freebie" days.

Thank you. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter