• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Weight Watchers Chat -- Part III

About time I check back in here. Up two weeks in a row. It is frustrating. My problem isn't carbs, it is protein. I just love protein. After lunch today, I have only 1 point left for the day. What have I eaten? Two eggs and three slices of bacon for breakfast (along with two fruit thins and a banana). Lunch was a leftover slice of Paul Newman pizza that I used as a bun for a Laura's Lean burger and two buffalo wings. And a handful of caramel popcorn dh dropped off at my desk. Boom, done for the day. Dinner will be a salad with balsamic glaze.

About time I check back in here. Up two weeks in a row. It is frustrating. My problem isn't carbs, it is protein. I just love protein. After lunch today, I have only 1 point left for the day. What have I eaten? Two eggs and three slices of bacon for breakfast (along with two fruit thins and a banana). Lunch was a leftover slice of Paul Newman pizza that I used as a bun for a Laura's Lean burger and two buffalo wings. And a handful of caramel popcorn dh dropped off at my desk. Boom, done for the day. Dinner will be a salad with balsamic glaze.

Have you tried lower point subs for the protein? Ie turkey bacon, fat free egg substitute, etc. I also do a lot of greek yogurt, which is high protein, good source of calcium, etc. Pizza, burger & buffalo wings also sounds like higher fat items.

Do you do many fresh fruit & veg to help you fill up so that you can maybe cut back a bit on other stuff to make your points last longer? And how do weekends differ for you compared to weekdays?

I was a huge egg and avocado person but had to tweak it a little because it consuming too many points. Have you tried turkey bacon? I know it's not the real thing but the right kind is still great and only 1 point for 3 or 4 slices... I also started doing just one whole egg mixed with several egg whites bringing the points to just 2. :)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Have you tried lower point subs for the protein? Ie turkey bacon, fat free egg substitute, etc. I also do a lot of greek yogurt, which is high protein, good source of calcium, etc. Pizza, burger & buffalo wings also sounds like higher fat items.

Do you do many fresh fruit & veg to help you fill up so that you can maybe cut back a bit on other stuff to make your points last longer? And how do weekends differ for you compared to weekdays?

I am doing the egg substitutes but I don't like them plain which means I make omelets (1 point for the cheese). Are you aware that the advertised 0 PPV on the carton is incorrect? If you use 1 serving you actually get 1 PPV. I've been in touch with both WW and Better 'n Eggs. They say I'm right and either the packaging or tracker will be fixed.

The pizza and burger were both leftovers. Tried turkey bacon and I'd rather eat 3 points of the real stuff. :) Not letting go of my bacon. I've been eating it for years and my cholesterol numbers are so good the doc thought for sure she had the wrong chart once. :lmao:

I do yogurt for dinner sometimes, but not for breakfast. It doesn't satsfy me at all. And I do get plenty of fruits and veggies most days.

Dh is retired on disability and I am no longer employed so every day is pretty much the same. We do our big meal at lunch and eat out twice a week, usually Wednesday and Friday.

Apparently the topic this week is changing things up. I am looking forward to getting some ideas, perhaps some clarity on Simply Filling.

Hi guys- I have finally broken though this plateau! This week I am -1.8.
As of Oct 13 I am no longer doing meetings. I am on eTools only. I hope that doesn't hurt me. I was having a hard time getting to the meetings. Hopefully this will work out, but if not I will rejoin meetings.
I just updated my ticker and it shows exactly 12.2 lost, 12.2 to go so I am exactly halfway there!

Hi guys- I have finally broken though this plateau! This week I am -1.8. As of Oct 13 I am no longer doing meetings. I am on eTools only. I hope that doesn't hurt me. I was having a hard time getting to the meetings. Hopefully this will work out, but if not I will rejoin meetings. I just updated my ticker and it shows exactly 12.2 lost, 12.2 to go so I am exactly halfway there!

Congrats! Feels great to break a plateau. :)

I wonder if trying to get to meetings was stressing you out & perhaps sabotaging your efforts. Maybe you relaxed after switching to online and that's what helped you "break through?"

I had a fairly pleasant surprise at WI. I thought the scale said .6 but it was actually 1.6. I was really getting frustrated because I've had ups and downs for me, not in weight but in attitude and momentum. I know I have to say a small loss is still a loss or even not gaining is still a success but that's hard for me. I also lost another daily point with this weigh in and that always throws me for a loop because I'm starting to struggle with how to knock some of the points out of my day to day.

Part of my issue really is that I'm so picky with what I eat. I'm not a veggie person at all, not a huge fan of chicken or fish. I won a WW cookbook a couple weeks ago and to most people the recipes look great but they're just not my thing. I am a very plain eater, not into sauces and garnishes... The other PITA part of it is I feel like I sound so negative when people say "try this" and I'm like "no I don't eat X...or Y...nope that's got Z in it so no go". :headache:

Down another 1.8 this week for me for a grand total lost of 45 lbs! I think I have broken my plateau too. I hope so because this plateau is a year old now. LOW CARB is working for me.

After several weeks of gains, I was down 2 lbs this week. Total off is 89.2. Back in August I reached 90.6, so I still have a bit to go to reach my low, but at least this week it went in the right direction. And then today I went to Golden Corral . . . Do you know that their seafood salad (which is the BEST anywhere) is 7 points for a 1/2 cup? Well, let's just say I enjoyed it!

After a BAD BAD BAD weigh in last week that showed a 3.8lb gain (I'm still not happy b/c while I know I didn't eat well, I certainly didn't eat badly enough to gain nearly 4lbs in one flippin' week!), I had a fantastic weigh in this week!

I missed my normal meeting b/c I had plans that night, so I went to another one last night just to weigh in. I had a 5.6lb lost!! WHAT??!!! LOL I was thrilled, but I just don't believe it. I'm so negative. :)

At this point, since July 10th, I've lost 16.4lbs. It's going sooo slllooooowwww but it's going. My first big goal is 25.6, so I really want to make that soon!

I had a fairly pleasant surprise at WI. I thought the scale said .6 but it was actually 1.6. I was really getting frustrated because I've had ups and downs for me, not in weight but in attitude and momentum. I know I have to say a small loss is still a loss or even not gaining is still a success but that's hard for me. I also lost another daily point with this weigh in and that always throws me for a loop because I'm starting to struggle with how to knock some of the points out of my day to day.

Part of my issue really is that I'm so picky with what I eat. I'm not a veggie person at all, not a huge fan of chicken or fish. I won a WW cookbook a couple weeks ago and to most people the recipes look great but they're just not my thing. I am a very plain eater, not into sauces and garnishes... The other PITA part of it is I feel like I sound so negative when people say "try this" and I'm like "no I don't eat X...or Y...nope that's got Z in it so no go". :headache:

Have you considered using Simply Filling? If you are a plain eater maybe it would work?

Also, if you are losing nicely at a certain point level you don have to accept losing that point. Maybe add it back in and see if you continue to lose? If yes then yay! If no well then you know. I hit 26 dailies when I reached the 180s and continued to lose without changing the points lower. And as Ive mentioned before I use all extra points as well. If its getting to you, consider experimenting!

Maintenance. After you reach goal (for meetings members) you have 6 weighins. At the 6th if you are within 2 pounds of goal you are then Lifetime.

Week One I gained .6..

Week Two was two days before normal weight day but I didn't want to get up early to go to the Orlando meeting after arriving Friday. Up .2. And then DH wanted to attend the meeting anyway! Love the Saturday morning leader at the Hunters Creek location in Orlando!

Week Three back to Hunters Creek WW store. Up 3. Whee! A week of recovery eating after the TOT 10 miler will do that to a person!

Week Four? Down 3.4.

The first morning home I got right back into normal eating. Amazing. And I think that was the key for me. Mentally at least. Because I would not be surprised if some stray calories are still roaming, creating fat that will show up at next weigh in. But that's ok. Aside from some continued emotional issues from being heavy for so long, for right now at this moment, I think "I got this".

Apparently the topic this week is changing things up. I am looking forward to getting some ideas, perhaps some clarity on Simply Filling.

Messed up the quote, but I would recommend going in during a non meeting time, if your center has those, to discuss it. It never gets much time in meetings. There is a board on the WW message boards for it and you could get loads of info from the people there.

Messed up the quote, but I would recommend going in during a non meeting time, if your center has those, to discuss it. It never gets much time in meetings. There is a board on the WW message boards for it and you could get loads of info from the people there.

They call that "drop in hours." :)

Also, I work as a receptionist occasionally (don't have a regular meeting yet) and went to our annual event yesterday where they outlined changes for next year. There will be a bigger focus on the Simply Filling method, so keep your ears & eyes open in the near future for more info! It could prove to be very helpful.

After 3 consecutive losses, I was up .2 today. But it was that one week a month where I'm ravenously hungry, so .2 isn't so bad. I'm motivated to get back on track this week. I am bummed that I won't have time to work out at lunch today. I guess it has become part of my routine.

I had a big drop this week despite traveling to West Texas and New Orleans this week for business. I maintained a solid week of running though so I know that helped. I dropped 3.6lbs. this week which puts me at now 29.2lbs. lost since February and almost 70lbs. total.

I had a big drop this week despite traveling to West Texas and New Orleans this week for business. I maintained a solid week of running though so I know that helped. I dropped 3.6lbs. this week which puts me at now 29.2lbs. lost since February and almost 70lbs. total.

CONGRATS! :)
I weighed in today...down 4.4 this past week, 7 total since I started 4 weeks ago!

CONGRATS! :)
I weighed in today...down 4.4 this past week, 7 total since I started 4 weeks ago!

Congrats to you as well!!!!! :cheer2:

I know WW or any other diet plan doesn't recommend losing that much in a single week; however it is a nice surprise when it does. I had been consistently losing 0.2-0.4lbs. for a few weeks so I was quite thankful!

Congrats to you as well!!!!! :cheer2:

I know WW or any other diet plan doesn't recommend losing that much in a single week; however it is a nice surprise when it does. I had been consistently losing 0.2-0.4lbs. for a few weeks so I was quite thankful!

I'd actually gained 2 the week before.
My average is 1.2 per week according to the WW website (I have the monthly pass so it shows on there).
I know not to expect that every week....but it always is a nice surprise for big number occasionally.

Hi Everyone!!!

Haven't posted on this board for quite awhile---but I had to share

Weighed in today--loss -1.6 lbs

for a TOTAL OF -54.4

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

I will be at WDW 3 weeks from today!!!

!:cool1::cool1::cool1:

Karyn

Down this week another 1 lb! For a grand total of 46 lbs! I haven't been down to 46 lbs since Sept '12, so you can say that I have been spinning my wheels for a year now. This low carb is really working for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter