Weight Watchers Chat -- Part III

I was down another 2.2 this week. I'm only 9lbs away from a BMI in the healthy range. I'm feeling great!

My weigh in will change next week from Monday to Friday, so I'm trying to be good about tracking due to the gap between weigh-ins.

Have a great weekend, everyone.

Everyone seems to be doing well! The post about the mcd's employee messing up the food order sort of reminded me of what happened today. Went to Chick Fil A for lunch and had the Chargrilled chicken sandwich for what I thought was 7 points, but, no, it was 8, and the sauce packet added 2, so 10 really. And the employee really did nothing wrong, it was just that the WW site had the wrong points listed. Oh well. It was a good sandwich. Just would rather not use that many points for lunch. And, I lost 2 pounds this week, so that's a positive.

I was down another 2.2 this week. I'm only 9lbs away from a BMI in the healthy range. I'm feeling great!

My weigh in will change next week from Monday to Friday, so I'm trying to be good about tracking due to the gap between weigh-ins.

Have a great weekend, everyone.

Congrats!

Assuming tracking goes well, you'll probably have a lovely weighin on your first Friday. That's always way more fun than decreasing the number of days between WIs. :)

And, I lost 2 pounds this week, so that's a positive.

Congrats!

I maintained this week. And for almost the first time actually left APs on the table. I wanted to eat them, but I just wasn't hungry enough last night. I feel a sense of mourning for those uneaten points, LOL.

Hello all! My name is Holly. I joined WW online last week. We had been on vacation the week before and after seeing myself in pictures I was just overwhelming sad with the way I looked. So DH and I had a nice long talk about our health and decided we were the only ones who had control over it and we decided we NEED to do this! We made a goal to lose 100lbs by our 40th birthdays, which are just over 2 years away.

So I had my first weigh in today and I lost 11lbs this week! I'm super happy about it but also realistic that my loss is a big first week number. We ate really well this week and I feel so good about it. This week our plan is to incorporate exercise. DH was down 15lbs!

I look forward to sharing my journey with you!

Hello all! My name is Holly. I joined WW online last week. We had been on vacation the week before and after seeing myself in pictures I was just overwhelming sad with the way I looked. So DH and I had a nice long talk about our health and decided we were the only ones who had control over it and we decided we NEED to do this! We made a goal to lose 100lbs by our 40th birthdays, which are just over 2 years away.

So I had my first weigh in today and I lost 11lbs this week! I'm super happy about it but also realistic that my loss is a big first week number. We ate really well this week and I feel so good about it. This week our plan is to incorporate exercise. DH was down 15lbs!

Congratulations! That is a great start.

I didn't go to my meeting yesterday. I was just too tired to get up that early after a really long, stressful week. I am starting fresh today. I haven't had my mri yet for my ankle and it's really been bothering me so walking hasn't been my priority. I really need to step it up though because we leave for Disney in 3 weeks. I need to stay motivated so hopefully I lose a few more pounds before we leave.

Hi everyone. I'm so happy to find this thread. I joined weight watchers one week ago. I lost five pounds my first week. I want to loose 40 more. I have lost many times before unhealthy ways but always regained more. I am hoping that this is the way that will help me to finally make the lifestyle changes I need to loose it and keep it off.

I have two children 11 yo boy and 9 yo daughter. Stay at home mom rigHt now. I am a nurse when I work for pay. Would be thrilled to have this weight off by New Years but next Easter would be fine too. As long as I'm heading in the right direction.

Hi everyone. I'm so happy to find this thread. I joined weight watchers one week ago. I lost five pounds my first week. I want to loose 40 more. I have lost many times before unhealthy ways but always regained more. I am hoping that this is the way that will help me to finally make the lifestyle changes I need to loose it and keep it off.

I have two children 11 yo boy and 9 yo daughter. Stay at home mom rigHt now. I am a nurse when I work for pay. Would be thrilled to have this weight off by New Years but next Easter would be fine too. As long as I'm heading in the right direction.

Welcome!

5 pounds, very nice! Now, prepare yourself emotionally and mentally to never see such a loss again. :) Know that you might even see gains along the way, and that's OK. Don't freak out. My brother and his wife are trim people and always have been, and even they sometimes find their waistbands a bit tight. When that happens they get right to work on it. Just keep going. :)

Wow, those are serious losses! Since you *just* got back from vacation, though, it's probably quite a bit of water and other stuff, so like I mentioned just above, don't expect to see those losses again. :) Well, your husband might; many men do *tend* to lose easier/faster than many women. (not all...DH and I are examples of the opposite)

Slow and steady; I like your timeframe there. It also gives the skin a chance to spring back a bit as you go. I'm dealing with the loose skin now, and I think it would have been worse if I had lost any faster. (hint: start weight training! it's never going to fix the problem entirely, but I look at it as filling up my arms with muscle instead of fat, LOL, which makes the loose skin look better)

I bought a new scale today. The old manual kind just isn't doing it for me any more...basically because if I don't have my glasses on I can't see the number. ;)

I'm having a heck of a time trying to figure out my points for a meal we had out today at Ruby Tuesday. It is listed twice on their nutional values menu, each with different stats, so I think I'm misisng something. Keep going everyone, you're doing great!

Oh dear, I've doomed myself. I went and tried Fage 2% plain Greek yogurt instead of 0%. Ohhhh so good. I had it with my cherries and berries, and...sigh. Doom I tell you.

Then again, it's only a point more than the nonfat. :)

I bought a new scale today. The old manual kind just isn't doing it for me any more...basically because if I don't have my glasses on I can't see the number. ;)

I'm having a heck of a time trying to figure out my points for a meal we had out today at Ruby Tuesday. It is listed twice on their nutional values menu, each with different stats, so I think I'm misisng something. Keep going everyone, you're doing great!

I have found it easier to just break down meals into their individual components when possible.

And sometimes when a meal is listed twice, one is lunch-size and the other is dinner-size.

Welcome to all the new folks!

I've given myself a new goal -- By the first day of Fall I want to reach 100 lbs gone. Depending on my WI tomorrow, that is somewhere between 12 and 15 lbs to lose by then. I think it is reasonable.

Had my first in-season tomato today -- oh my, it was soooo good! And we had corn also (I wish I could convince hubby that it tastes wonderful without butter and salt.)

Oh dear, I've doomed myself. I went and tried Fage 2% plain Greek yogurt instead of 0%. Ohhhh so good. I had it with my cherries and berries, and...sigh. Doom I tell you.

Then again, it's only a point more than the nonfat. :)

My leader swears by 2% milk. The little extra fat keeps her satisfied longer.

Is everyone going to meetings or are there some folks doing WW online? I'm doing WW online. It seems to be working well for me, at least for now.

This week I am doing the WW program on my own.
I am trying to get that plastic paid off. So, I did not know how I could pay for the meeings with cash.

Well, I know that I can not do it on my own. I have tried that. It worked for awhile. But I feel more accountable at the meetings. So, I will pull out the plastic this Saturday morning and just suck it up.

I made Lifetime twice before. I am a stress eater and that gets me.

I have not been in several years. Does anyone know what the goal weight is for a 5'3' 57 year old female? I know that WW did change this once many years ago.

Thanks and hope everyone has a good week.

Are you all following the Points Plus program, or a previous plan? I'm thinking about going back to meetings, but I've never done Points Plus. I've seen some things online where people say they don't lose as well on it. I'm so eager to get this weight off. I'm over 300 pounds and so miserable. Thanks for any help you can give!! :goodvibes

I am doing online only and it has worked for me!

Yes, I can see that now on your little picture over there! Yay! How much have you lost?

I'm doing the Points Plus program online right now. I think what I am learning that my issue was portion size - as well as eating lots of junk. Just need to get in the mind frame of this as a life change, and the weight isn't going to fall off in one night.

Are you all following the Points Plus program, or a previous plan? I'm thinking about going back to meetings, but I've never done Points Plus. I've seen some things online where people say they don't lose as well on it. I'm so eager to get this weight off. I'm over 300 pounds and so miserable. Thanks for any help you can give!! :goodvibes

I have read about some people not losing as well. I think at least some of them had trouble because fruit is zero. You cannot eat an entire watermelon and still lose weight as quickly. It is zero, but just like everything else, you have to be mindful of what you are eating.

Yes, I can see that now on your little picture over there! Yay! How much have you lost?

I'm doing the Points Plus program online right now. I think what I am learning that my issue was portion size - as well as eating lots of junk. Just need to get in the mind frame of this as a life change, and the weight isn't going to fall off in one night.

I lost 118 pounds. It sounds like you have exactly the right attitude. It is a lifelong change. If you look at it that way, and make it something you can do for life, you can lose the weight and keep it off.

This week I am doing the WW program on my own.
I am trying to get that plastic paid off. So, I did not know how I could pay for the meeings with cash.

Well, I know that I can not do it on my own. I have tried that. It worked for awhile. But I feel more accountable at the meetings. So, I will pull out the plastic this Saturday morning and just suck it up.

I made Lifetime twice before. I am a stress eater and that gets me.

I have not been in several years. Does anyone know what the goal weight is for a 5'3' 57 year old female? I know that WW did change this once many years ago.

Thanks and hope everyone has a good week.

You do not need to think about the ultimate goal right now, but I'm that height and 43 and the upper range is 141. But you can get a doctor's note if the range is not appropriate for you. But don't think about it now!

Let them charge you and then put that cash aside to pay tht part of the bill as you get the other debt paid off.

I went fully into PP and it has been brilliant for me. I joined originally in 2000 and loved that program. But ultimately I quit because I couldn't work it into my life. Tried again in late 2002 then mid 2004 but still couldn't make it stick. I think they didn't do as good a job then making sure people understood that weekly and activity points aren't cheating and should be tried. This time it was made clear. I tried weeklies and it worked. I tried eating activity points and that worked too. And that's how I've made it work for me, by eating all points coming to me.

Others don't need to or want to and that works for them. But I'm glad I tried it this way and that it works for me, because I don't like eating only daily points. :)

I don't know why some people have difficulty with PP. all I know is that in my meetings people have stayed, they've continued to lose, and they have been happy. Those things didn't seem to happen as often in my times through before.

Forgive typos. I'm posting from the Y during DS's swim class and now I gotta go do weights!

You do not need to think about the ultimate goal right now, but I'm that height and 43 and the upper range is 141. But you can get a doctor's note if the range is not appropriate for you. But don't think about it now!

Let them charge you and then put that cash aside to pay tht part of the bill as you get the other debt paid off.

Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter