weight watcher points at disney

Your stats look great! 72.5 lbs! I hit 76.6 pounds gone and still have 13 pounds to go. I am going in October-November and will be there for the food and wine festival as well. I went to seaworld/universal for a week and ate what I wanted (although I did eat healthier than if I weren't on ww) and I did gain but only .8. Which is nothing. I will stray from the plan while at wdw but will be getting plenty of exercise while there!
It's so nice to see fellow wwer's on here :thumbsup2

I am on WW and I am going in July too. I am only 11#'s from goal and hope to be almost there by the time we leave for WDW. This thread was really interesting to read. I have been thinking that I will try to make good choices, focus on getting in all my GHG, but not stress about a 1-2# gain. My leader says sometimes you have to make a vacation goal to only gain 2#'s. I think the most important thing is to go right back to meetings and plan as soon as you get back.

another WW member here....we are leaving for the world in just 2 hours....just wanted to let you know....if you are committed you can do WDW and still be successful. My last two trips at WDW, while on WW, i've lost 4 lbs each time.

As some of the other posters mention: look for fruits, veggies, lean meats, fish...and dont be afraid to ask for it grilled - even if its not on the menu...i actually ask for meats/fish grilled with NO butter - i even go as far as telling them i'm allergic to butter so that they know to prepare it just as i ask. Also, ask for your veggies steamed....for desserts, i've forgone the great yummy cakes, etc (even while on the DDP) - also ask for fresh berries or fruit.

I've never been denied....and since i have young one....if i really want a taste, i'll steal one from her dessert.

Also, I bring lots of water, crystal light packets, fruit & 94% FF popcorn.

Best of Luck!

I remember asking this same question last year. Although I never found anything that had points listed, I did spend a month with the menus from all the restaurants and was ready with a plan. (And had a blast while doing it!)
I had brkfast in the room each morning (kept that to 2 points) and then ordered a lot from the appetizer menu. I was definitely raised in the "Clean Your Plate Club" so it is easier for me to deal with ordering a few small plates of food and finishing them than leaving half my meal (My sense of fiscal responsibility goes crazy at this one too!) I would order a wonderful salad and then a crab cake or a soup or a whatever is the specialty appetizer item of the restaurant. For dessert, the table ordered one dessert and we all took a few bites-most desserts are big enough to serve at least four people. If we decided to do a CS at the parks, I got the kids meal and chose grapes and carrots rather than fries or dessert. I splurged most days and gave myself a treat of a Mickey Bar or an adult beverage--something that yells "Disney Vacation"--and I came back only a pound up after a week. It can definitely be done.
I love the advice on the buffets and have heard it at meetings before but I can't seem to stop myself from trying at least a bite of everything. My family doesn't have to do them so they gave them up for me in favor of restaurants with better food quality and ambience--(but fewer characters:sad1:).
I would never let WW stop me from having a great vacation but you really don't have to sacrifice much. There are so many choices! Have fun and good luck!

from one ww to another: BRAVO. you guys are awesome for your weight losses, as well as, your devotion to your new lifestyle change. disney offers a variety of fruits, salads, and FROZFRUIT bars(my favorite). I have found in my past trips, I just naturally drank alot of water- probably from the heat and the walking-this helped the most. Just the fact that you are wondering about points, insures that you will be consiencious enough to make pretty good choices. You will do great!!!!!!!!!!!:cheer2:

DOLE WHIP....3 points! :thumbsup2

A WW leader who is a DISer computed it just a couple of weeks ago. Now...if you get one at the Poly in the self serve area.....watch your portion. :lmao:

DOLE WHIP....3 points! :thumbsup2

A WW leader who is a DISer computed it just a couple of weeks ago. Now...if you get one at the Poly in the self serve area.....watch your portion. :lmao:

WOOHOO! I love Dole Whips! This was already on my list of "must get". Thanks, ibouncetoo!:woohoo:

Dole whips are great! Even the vanilla and chocolate from that brand aren't actually ice cream, but non-dairy frozen confections.

Also about burning off those splurge calories. Try to avoid doing the park attractions "in order". Instead walk from one to another to cover ground and those calories burn up fast!

Wow, you guys are great. I'm 6 months on ww, and have lost 48 pounds - 14 to goal, and I've got to admit I am a little nervous about our upcoming trip - my leader had also suggested not counting, but switching to Simply Filling while there - I think I'm going to try to do that, but I've gotten a lot of great tips from you guys! I can't believe dole whips are only 3 points!

Another way to eat better (but not as cost effiective) is to eat at the buffets. Because there are soups and salads you can make for yourself. Add just alittle bit of dressing (as you are going walk it off) or use the lemon slices (for the tea) to mix the juice with a little bit of salt and pepper to taste.

And you have full portion control.

Another way to eat better (but not as cost effiective) is to eat at the buffets. Because there are soups and salads you can make for yourself. Add just alittle bit of dressing (as you are going walk it off) or use the lemon slices (for the tea) to mix the juice with a little bit of salt and pepper to taste.

And you have full portion control.

I am the opposite - I actually went through and weeded out buffets from my ADRs as I have a very hard time controlling myself at buffets. I tend to go in with the right plan, but quickly lose myself in wanting to try a bite of everything....so I picked places I can go and eat something off the menu and just make healthier choices.

I am the opposite - I actually went through and weeded out buffets from my ADRs as I have a very hard time controlling myself at buffets. I tend to go in with the right plan, but quickly lose myself in wanting to try a bite of everything....so I picked places I can go and eat something off the menu and just make healthier choices.

Yeah I can see where that can be a draw back. Still all the walking should balance out any lack in will power. Unless you just lose it completely and start chasing Piglet around with a fork screaming "BACON".

I have been at WW for a week, hoping to loose lots of weight. I do plan to be cautious while I am disney but I do plan to enjoy myself. With the heat and walking it usually equals out for me.:thumbsup2

I'm not on WW but I am on Atkins. I do plan to watch a little bit when I'm there however I do want to enjoy myself and worry about it when I get back home. I only vacay 1 x a yr so I want to have fun with out going overboard.

Another WW here. I lost 50 pounds and have kept it off for a number of years. When I am in the World I try and eat like I do at home. I have cereal for breakfast. I do however have to have Mickey waffles one day and trust me I am tempted to have bigger breakfasts every day. The cereal starts my frame of mind for the day.

WDW is about the experiences around me, not about food. I can eat out any where.

I usually a Mickey Ice Cream sandwich only because I can't get one anywhere else. No buffets because I will eat too much.

Get a kids meal and have grapes instead of fries or share a meal with another family member.

Enjoy yourself and remember it is a week out of your entire WW journey. You didn't gain your weight in a week! Prepare yourself mentally as far as if you want to maintain or are OK with a pound or two gain.

I'm on WW also. I'm on my third week and I've lost 8 pounds already. Twelve more and I'll be happier.:)

Last year while on the regular DDP I gained 5 pounds. Then, I gained some more when I came home. So I decided to get the QSDP for our July vacation and spend more time walking than sitting at a restaurant. Also, no soda and more water. And more veggies or fruits and less Disney fries which are addictive...don't know why:confused3 But I know that I won't have a scale and since I can't count points I will be more cautious with my selections.

And, no STRESS because stress doesn't help you lose weight.

Wow. I can't believe Dole Whips are only 3 pts. I have never tried one but I noticed that so many people said they were really good.

Yeah I can see where that can be a draw back. Still all the walking should balance out any lack in will power. Unless you just lose it completely and start chasing Piglet around with a fork screaming "BACON".

LMAO! :lmao: I'm subscribing! We're going in September and I hope to hit my 10% by then! I will hopefully be hitting my 5% this week! :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter