Weight Watcher Friendly Counter Service meals?

Dizzymrslizzy

Mouseketeer
Hi all.

I've recently lost 30 lbs this summer, and we're going to WDW in 48 hours for 10 days on DDP.

I wanted to try and keep my lunches pretty healthy/low point, but am overwhelmed with the thought of having 2 desserts every day. (I'm planning on keeping my lunch dessert for DS later in the day, or something like that.)

Any ideas of CS places that offer decent, healthy, Weight Watcher friendly options?

The only one I know of is in MK

Sunshine seasons in Epcot has a nice salad with roasted beets and feta cheese. They also have roast chicken there and several other places like Cosmic Rays and Wolfgang Pucks. Salmon at Columbia Harbor House. Look on Allears.net for menus at all the restaurants and counter service places. I am on weight watchers too and plan to enjoy my meals but try to eat half portions and make plainer and healthier choices.

I don't know much about the WW points system, but I do have other dietary restrictions. Many have reported having luck switching out a CS dessert for a bottle of water. I asked Columbia Harbor House to switch out my dessert for an extra side of broccoli, and they had no problem with that. So you do have options for dealing with the desserts. :thumbsup2

No one says you have to eat the desserts....

Ask about switching

Sunshine Seasons has excellent options and good qulaity.

I also like Tangerine Cafe and what used to be Yakatori House for healthier options. Pop has good grilled flatbreads.

Congrats on your weight loss!

Congrats on your weight loss! :cool1:

In my experience, many CS restaurants will substitute a dessert with a bottle of water, grapes, or apple slices. Just ask, the worst that can happen is they say no.

Enjoy your trip!

Trade your dessert in for a side salad or bottled water or just have a bite.

Skip the bun when you can. Buns are 300-400 empty calories or you can eat your bugers open faced.

Salads are great but watch the dressing. Caesar is the worst with bleu cheese coming in at a close second. I hate fat free anything. I'd rather have a dry salad than use ff dressing. :scared:

Veggie pizza if you're going to eat pizza.

Stay away from sugary condiments like ketchup and BBQ. They're wasted calories. Use mustard when you can. Dill pickles and onions also flavor everything up. Salsa too. Mayo is pure fat. Terrible for us.

Soda is a total waste. Water water water.

I wouldn't attempt to carry around bags of veggies or anything. That would just make me feel deprived. :sad1:

Don't skip all of your favorites and it seems I'm posting this a lot lately but moderation really is key. Don't deprive yourself. Portion control is important.

I don't know much about WW but this are just some common sense ideas. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter