weight limit for Aqua Duct ??

What I am surprised about is the 48 inch height requirement. I imagined that I would be able to ride with my son, who will be three.

Of course, now that I think about it, I am not sure WHY I thought that. I know my daughter was too small to ride the Gusher coaster at Typhoon Lagoon when she was four!

Please be kind with your comments on this thread. We don't want it turning into a thread that needs to be closed due to rude comments regarding peoples' sizes. While some may think it's funny, others find it extremely hurtful and rude.

From The Golden Rules of Board Posting

Treat your fellow posters with respect. We all have our own opinions and all opinions are welcome as long as they are posted in a respectful manner. It is also helpful to read an entire thread before posting. What might have been a heated discussion on the first couple of pages might have been resolved later on and just posting to the original post just frustrates the other posters. Remember that what is right for one poster and their situation might not be right for others.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1010690
THANKS Jill. I actually think all but a few post were very hurtful, especially the "trap door" comment. All said in "humor" to the people who are saying it, but this is a REAL concern. Posting links and talking about one's weight is not acceptable. When one makes comments of the such, you are judging and really stating what YOU find acceptable. JUST RUDE! I am soooo sorry I even open or read this thread. Sure makes a lady who does a lot for fellow DISers question who I do spread Pixie Dust among....
Large size people already have to plan things that many do not think of. Chairs in the WDT, chairs at dinner, chairs on the beach, where to sit for lunch on CC, if the life jackets or snorkling items fit, if you fit into the bathrooms. So I would curve my comments "on a public place where everyone can read". DCL Disers are usually more sensative than even other DISer on the other boards. I guess this is changing..... BTW...... When rides have weight limits it has to do with the hydrolics and if the ride can operate safe when running. It may accomadate a person in "Girth" but not weight. So, when a weight limit is placed on rides it is usually for that reason. You can be under the weight limit and not fit into a ride. A shorter plus size person might not fit into a ride, so therefore will not ride. A taller plus size person may fit but the ride may not be able to operate safe. So the limit will be placed on a number where the ride can operate safe; not based on size or based on how the person looks when going down. Plus size people are aware of this, but I guess many non-plus size people must not be. In rides of the such, it is usually 300lbs OR 400 lbs. So fingers crossed. That would then cover 2 "normal" as some of you appear to be grouping or 1 plus size. Since DCL has been generous with size in other departments, I am hoping they will build with this in a generous mind set as well.
With this thread being read and now me being appalled, I am logging off.... If any of you are contacting me about pillowcases, I will still read those PMs. As long as you are not one of the posters on this thread who is being rude! I am VERY SAD; just for the record!:sad2::sad2::sad2:

THANKS Jill. I actually think all but a few post were very hurtful, especially the "trap door" comment. All said in "humor" to the people who are saying it, but this is a REAL concern. Posting links and talking about one's weight is not acceptable. When one makes comments of the such, you are judging and really stating what YOU find acceptable. JUST RUDE! I am soooo sorry I even open or read this thread. Sure makes a lady who does a lot for fellow DISers question who I do spread Pixie Dust among....
Large size people already have to plan things that many do not think of. Chairs in the WDT, chairs at dinner, chairs on the beach, where to sit for lunch on CC, if the life jackets or snorkling items fit, if you fit into the bathrooms. So I would curve my comments "on a public place where everyone can read". DCL Disers are usually more sensative than even other DISer on the other boards. I guess this is changing..... BTW...... When rides have weight limits it has to do with the hydrolics and if the ride can operate safe when running. It may accomadate a person in "Girth" but not weight. So, when a weight limit is placed on rides it is usually for that reason. You can be under the weight limit and not fit into a ride. A shorter plus size person might not fit into a ride, so therefore will not ride. A taller plus size person may fit but the ride may not be able to operate safe. So the limit will be placed on a number where the ride can operate safe; not based on size or based on how the person looks when going down. Plus size people are aware of this, but I guess many non-plus size people must not be. In rides of the such, it is usually 300lbs OR 400 lbs. So fingers crossed. That would then cover 2 "normal" as some of you appear to be grouping or 1 plus size. Since DCL has been generous with size in other departments, I am hoping they will build with this in a generous mind set as well.
With this thread being read and now me being appalled, I am logging off.... If any of you are contacting me about pillowcases, I will still read those PMs. As long as you are not one of the posters on this thread who is being rude! I am VERY SAD; just for the record!:sad2::sad2::sad2:
I read the entire thread and nothing said here was so bad that anyone should be offended to the degree of being 'appalled'. :confused3

I am a large sized person, both in weight and girth. I am 40, still am very active in sports, but I am big. I am 5'9 and weigh 310lbs, my waist has finally caught up with my upper body :confused3. I dont fit in many rides due to my shoulders and chest being oversized. I am considered obese by the medical industry, but never let that discourage me. As far as the trap door comment, I laughed out loud.... Some people need a sense of humor.

I lose weight, I gain weight. I have become used to it. I accept the fact I will never be 175 lbs, but I also make sure I will never hit 350lbs.

Just my .02 from a large person.

Agreed. I am a "pooh sized" girl and I found all the comments hilarious. The trap door comment was the best one! People just need to have a sense of humor and stop being so darn uptight. There was nothing to be "appalled" over. It was all in good fun, and I'm pretty sure a lot of threads have upset people. That's life, get over it. I doubt they were necessarily making fun of bigger people, just the situation. And that's my 2 cents.

I guess I could be considered "Pooh sized". But for me that is not a problem.
I have a thick skin, but I can understand how some would be hurt by the trap door attempt at humor.

I find it interesting that someone's "girth" can be considered a free shot.
I try not to make light of anyone's weigh or whether they are big or tall.

But then, that seems to be the way this board is heading.
Or maybe I should "just get over it".

I am definitely on the heavier side and I took no offence to anything said unless there were deleted posts that I have not seen. If one can't laugh at themselves who can they laugh at? :) :hug:

I guess I could be considered "Pooh sized". But for me that is not a problem.
I have a thick skin, but I can understand how some would be hurt by the trap door attempt at humor.

I find it interesting that someone's "girth" can be considered a free shot.
I try not to make light of anyone's weigh or whether they are big or tall.

But then, that seems to be the way this board is heading.
Or maybe I should "just get over it".

I didn't take this thread as "making fun of overweight people", I took it as making fun of the situation. I'd still be laughing if the joke was made about someone who was too tall for the ride. People can't control their height, but you can control your weight, and I say that as a plus sized girl working her way back to being smaller. Tall people don't get offended when you say "Hey, you're the first to know when it rains." And short people don't get offended when you say,"Hey, you're eye level with the curb." So I don't see why overweight people are so sensitive to harmless humor. So yes, in other words, I think you should just get over it.

So, following that logic, if I said someone from a certain part of the country was stupid and illiterate, that is o.k., because they can move from that part of the country.

When i first signed on to the Dis, it was a very nice place.
I guess I will just get over it and go thru the trap door.

So, following that logic, if I said someone from a certain part of the country was stupid and illiterate, that is o.k., because they can move from that part of the country.

As long as you're referring to Alaska, Texas, Alabama, Arkansas, Kentucky, Mississippi, Utah or West Virginia, yes....that would be fine.

So, following that logic, if I said someone from a certain part of the country was stupid and illiterate, that is ok., because they can move from that part of the country.

Not necessarily, no. That's taking it to an extreme. I was merely saying that if the joke was applied to a different group of people (based on physical characteristics) that that group of people probably wouldn't be offended. I think a lot overweight people are way too sensitive. That's all. I love the DIS and I still think it's a nice, friendly place, but it is not immune to debate and arguments. Hey, with my weight, I might be one of those people who fall through that trap door :)

This thread is starting to go downhill very quickly. There is absolutely no need to insult anyone!

As long as you're referring to Alaska, Texas, Alabama, Arkansas, Kentucky, Mississippi, Utah or West Virginia, yes....that would be fine.

Hahaha! Let's remove Alabama. I'll vouch for smart people from Alabama! :) :) :)

:rotfl2::rotfl2:
I used to be pooh sized, I didnt find it offensive for the record.
In fact I never really noticed it, untill it was brought to my attention .
Im sure it wasnt meant:grouphug:
And for the record,,,,the dis is still a nice place.

I emailed DCl and within less then an hour received a response back! what service!

I am also pooh sized and worry about that but this is what I have been told:

The AquaDuck features a 2 person inflatable raft. Guests will be
permitted to ride "single". The Acrylic Tube Size is - 52" diameter
by 1-1/2" thickness. The minimum rider height is 48”. The weight and
age requirements are still to be determined.

So if they are going to limit the weight to a certain amount then it hasn't been determined and they will update the website with the information.

Me thinks that there are possible concerns and maybe confusions about the Diameter vs circumference.

The circumference is about 163" which will allow most folks through the system inclusive of the inflatable tube on which you'll be riding. As for weight issues, I'm certain that the imagineres will have taken this into consideration.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter