WeGoShop vs. Garden Grocer

I have only used garden grocer....I think because their items are listed.
Being from the west coast, I am not sure if I could list brands and have it work.
I don't think we have all the same ones here.
We don't have Publix, so no idea how to do it.

We used wegoshop last Fall and really liked the personalized service. We had our infant DD and were particular about the brands and types of items we used for her. I even added items to our order about a week ahead of time with no troubles.

I called Marge when we checked in, gave her our room number and about 30 mins. later, she arrived. She forgot one item and sent her husband to the closest store to get it and then didn't charge me for it. She offered to come back during the week if we needed anything and said she would only charge 1/2 the usual delivery fee if she had to come back.

We'll be using them again in Nov.

I'll chime in for Garden Grocer. I personally like that we can choose from their selection, which is actually pretty substantial. They even have Boar's Head deli products, my fav. We have received excellent service from them and I also like that you can pay via Paypal if you wish. I also have to admit it, I am just wayyyy too lazy to make a detailed list. :upsidedow

I have actually used both, but will stick with WeGoShop in the future.

DD10 and I went for 10 days in June and didn't have a rental car. So we ordered our soda, water, fruit, cereal, milk, etc from Marge.

As we drove to the airport hotel the night before, I realized that I had forgotten my allergy eye drops. So at 10:00 p.m, I texted Marge (since I had her cell number) and asked her to add it to my order. She was already going to Wal-Mart for me and I knew the name of the drops I needed, and that Wal-Mart even carried a generic. She texted me back immediately and was able to grab them for me.

I think the personal service is a plus for me.

My daughter graduated from college in May and asked for a quick trip to disney before the real world hit her. So I needed just a few things for her, big water drinker, breakfast bars, etc. Well garden grocer had a minimum and I could not meet that so i went with wegoshop and I was VERY happy with the personalized service. I ordered some ice cream as a surprise and unfortunately DIsney never gave it to her. When I finally asked it was a day later and she went to get it from bell services and it was milk. So Disney did reimburse her for the lost of her ice cream. MyDH and I are going down in August and I will probably order from them again. Unfortunately my DH will be spoiled by this and won't ever want to go grocery shopping but the service is the best.

What does WEGOSHOP charge for delivery? I am reading that she is providing receipt from each item she purchases, but what is her profit?

I believe the delivery charge is $17 plus a tip. Because my order was small I specified a specific amount for the tip which worked out larger that what they recommend.

Ok, this WeGoShop sounds great! I found the website, now do I email Marge and ask if our arrival date is open for me to then send her the list of things we would like or do I need to call her, and not email, to set up the date and then send my grocery list?

Thanks much for your help! ;)

I did everything via e-mail so I would say go ahead and send Marge an e-mail asking if your date & arrival time are available. Please note that she will leave your order at Bell Services if need be. She will add a 10% gratuity fee for leaving it with them.

Forget the food! :rotfl: Do both services pick up beer / wine / liquor? Which one is easier if they deliver before you arrive? I've read somewhere about having to fax ID's so they will leave stuff with bell services... Do both places have a minimum order amount?

With WeGoShop, it looks like the they prefer payment by check or cash and charge and extra amount if you use a credit card. What happens if you are planning on paying with cash but are delayed? Will your items be be left with Bell Services? How do you end up paying?

I've used Garden Grocer several times and have not used wegoshop. Like others have mentioned, I like being able to set up my order online and know the cost right away, and I like the lower delivery cost. GG does offer weekly specials and e coupons on their site.
With GG you *can* order items that do not appear on their website by placing the request in the comments section. This includes beer, wine and liquor.
I find GG is also very responsive to requests. One time, the day before our arrival, I noticed that I had forgotten one item in our order(OJ). I emailed them, they replied very quickly, and they added it without any problems. I could have either paid for it by Pay Pal or paid the delivery person (I opted for PayPal since I'm never certain we will be there for the delivery person). GG will deliver to your room if you are there, otherwise they leave the order with Bell Services. I have usually selected a delivery window that ends up being a bit earlier than when we get into our villa so have no direct experience with having them deliver directly to us.
I have experienced a couple of times where Bell Services was unable to find our grocery order in their storage - both times it was past the time GG was supposed to deliver. After calling GG (left a VM) they called back very quickly with the exact time they delivered and the shelf numbers (regular and cold storage) where our order was stored. Called Bell Services back with this info and PRESTO!:wizard: our groceries were found.
Overall I have been extremely pleased with both the quality of the GG service and the items delivered (for example, bananas were perfect and free of blemishes) and highly recommend their service.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter