• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wegoshop or Garden Grocer?

mavbrimuss

Mouseketeer
Hi has anyone used these services before? Is one preferred over the other. I would like to use one in August,but I'm not sure which one. Will either of them bring "adult beverages"?

We have used Garden Grocer for many trips. They are great!! They usually deliver before we check in so they leave it with bell services who keep all the perishables in the fridge & we pick it up after we check in. Yes my DH has his beer delivered every trip. Their website is super easy to use & you just put in the "special instructions" what you would like to order. I just placed my order for our May trip a few days ago. I highly recommend them!! :thumbsup2

Ditto! Used Garden Grocer three years ago and just sent our order for this June.

Another one for Garden Grocer. Never used the other, but was very happy with gg.

We used WeGoShop and it was fantastmic! Marge was great, and delivered everything we ordered (including our beer). She even used her "frequest shopper" card, so the savings on the groceries was more than the delivery fee. Not sure if this is typical or not. I highly recommend WeGoShop, and will be using them again.

We were very happy with Garden Grocer. We used them for the first time on our last trip (March '09). We will definitely use them again. They delivered right on time. They went over the list of ordered items with us prior to leaving our room. We did put in a request for beer in the "special instructions" section on the website and the request was fulfilled.

We used Wegoshop in 2007 and loved them. The only thing is we had to be at the room to get the items. Not sure if that has changed.

Hi has anyone used these services before? Is one preferred over the other. I would like to use one in August,but I'm not sure which one. Will either of them bring "adult beverages"?

We just used Wegoshop in March and thought they were great...we bought wine and beer. We gave them a time that was good for us to be in our room and they were very accomidating...you cant beat it...they bring everything to your room...great service

Another vote for wegoshop. They are so prompt - just call when you get to the hotel to check in and if your room is ready they'll bring your stuff right away. Also, if you need them to get more things during that trip I believe they wave the delivery fee. Very friendly - highly recommend. I think if you do a search you'll get lots of feedback. Both have good reputations and don't think you can go wrong with either but check out their websites the ordering for each is very different. GardenGrocer has things for you to pick from and Wegoshop you tell them what you want ie. give them a grocery list.

we used garden grocer they were great so clean came in covered in ice. they even put stuff away for us. would use them again.

Do you have to be in your room to get the delivery?

nope. I missed the call and so our large delivery was left at bell services. Bell Services at CBR brought it to our room. I sorted it from there.

We used garden grocer. I picked it b/c you could see exactly what you were ordering. wegoshop didn't have that (or I couldnt' find it) It just worked better for us b/c we actually had three rooms of orders combined to save on delivery, so making sure I knew what everyone wanted was easier when they could just go to the website and print our their own list and prices.

We've used wegoshop three times now. Marge is fantastic and we would absolutely use her again. And yes, she brought beer!

another vote here for wegoshop. they were very accommodating and delivered at the agreed upon time. i prefer to be in the room when deliveries are made because we do order mostly perishable items. orders was were always exactly as placed and we did get beer. very happy with their service and will definitly use them again

We have used Wegoshop.com 5 times and I highly recommend them. We order juice, water, soda, coffee, beer, wine, breakfast food, and snacks.
I much prefer the method of ordering at wegoshop over Garden Grocer. I type in exactly what I want, brand names, sizes etc. I can indicate whether to allow substitutions or not.
The cost at wegoshop is the actual cost of the groceries, there is not a markup like there is at Garden Grocer. Wegoshop's delivery fee is higher, but they have always given me a 30 minute window versus the 2 hour window at Garden Grocer.
I have always chosen an early evening (5 - 6) delivery time. We are in our room settling in when they deliver.
Marge is great to work with and I highly recommend wegoshop.com

I've used Wegoshop a few times and couldn't be more pleased. Marge was great!

Used GardenGrocer this past March, for the first time. Was introduced to this service on Disboards.com!!! It worked great for us. I was very impressed with the service.

I placed my order a few weeks in advance online (only because I noted that occasionally days would get 'booked/filled' and they would no longer make deliveries----didn't want that to happen!). I believe the day before our arrival, they called me to confirm my order and the time window I had selected. We were lucky in that within five minutes of getting to our room the following day, I received a call announcing that they were at the resort. We were told our delivery would be at our room in five minutes---and it was. The delivery person was very courteous and thorough. He gave me a printout of my order and announced each item he unloaded from his trolley to confirm that the order was completely filled.

I can't comment on quality of such things as produce, deli items, etc. We simply ordered bottled water, soda, milk, cereal, clorox wipes, spoons, bowls, paper towels, a styrofoam cooler, and donuts (husband's special request!).

I will most definitely use this service again. I thought their prices were fairly equal to what I would pay for such things at home. The delivery charge was $12. I understand this fee is waived for orders of $200 or more.
:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter