Weekly Photo Contest - thru Aug 24 - Disney at Night

flatstanleyanddisney039.jpg

With my little S3 I can't compete with the DSLR crowd for dramatic night shots...but I was able to coax this shot of the American Adventure out of it :goodvibes

AmPavNight.jpg

With my little S3 I can't compete with the DSLR crowd for dramatic night shots...but I was able to coax this shot of the American Adventure out of it :goodvibes

AmPavNight.jpg

Nice shot, ThurlFan. Not everyone's shots here are taken with a dSLR (check out the EXIF data on the Winner's Lists). Besides yours, Amy and I this week both have shots taken with the S3IS, too (those are the only two I know for sure, there could be others). ;)

AmPavNight.jpg

Excellent shot!

Just goes to show that PnS camera's can take great night shots!

Well done. :thumbsup2

Excellent shot!

Just goes to show that PnS camera's can take great night shots!

Well done. :thumbsup2

Thanks for the kind words. I set the camera on a mini-tripod on top of the wall next to the Cantina in Mexico so I could get a full second exposure. Yes, it made me nervous :eek: but I secured the camera strap to the top of the wall to make sure I didn't dump it into the lagoon by accident! Oh, and I used the self-timer to make sure I didn't jiggle the camera. I have a heavy trigger finger...

Anyway, enough babbling...Love all these great pictures, let's see some more!

Besides yours, Amy and I this week both have shots taken with the S3IS, too (those are the only two I know for sure, there could be others). ;)

Yep...add mine to the list back on page 1. I do have and shoot with a DSLR, but my entry was taken with a Sony H5 ultrazoom (basically the same thing as your S3 IS).

I love night shooting and take hundreds of such shots - it can even be done with an ultra-compact P&S camera (I've got lots of Disney night pics taken with a slim ultra-compact pocket cam). It's all about the technique, not necessarily the camera. As long as it's on a level surface or tripod, and hands off when shooting, any camera can pull off a nice night shot. I enjoy showing camera novices how to take night shots with their cheap digitals all the time when I'm at Disney...they are so thrilled to discover their cheap little cameras can pull off decent results.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter