Weekend of 9.21.19, Value Resorts

KimK2006

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know why there would be no availability in ANY Value Resorts 9.20.19 - 9.23.19? According to crowd calendar, on TP.com, its supposed to be a very low crowd weekend.

Online, it was showing no availability for the above dates but I was able to book 9.20.19 - 9.24.19 and it showed availability. STRANGE! I just booked that and will call and cancel that last day. Just wondered if there was something big going on that weekend that I needed to know about!

More than likely it's the orphan room algorithm.

I could get it to show availability each of the three separate nights and as one reservation for 4 nights. Just not for 3 nights. Just thought that was odd! And ALL values showing no availability for the three nights. Just curious if I was missing a big event going on.

No. Likely not.
As @sponica stated there is an”orphan room algorithm “ likely in play. In essence you have to book minimum nights to prevent stray empty rooms. You will not be able to drop only one night, unless your dates show availability, which they don’t. Ask to be transferred to Guest Services. They may override for you.

I was able to call and change it to 3 nights and still keep my discounted room rate. (I later tried and was able to book for 3 nights but NOT at the discount that was available at that time.) So, all is good!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter