Weekend before Thanksgiving, Are we nuts?

eeyore344

Mouseketeer
We went to WDW 2nd weekend in December a few years back and did not go to HS for Osborne lights. Have so regretted it. We are going the weekend before Thanksgiving. Are we crazy? I know the week of Thanksgiving is crazy. My DD is a teacher and has all week of Thanksgiving off. I unfortunately work retail and have no time off. So we are making a long weekend just for the lights. Hope crowds aren't to bad!!:worried:

We went to WDW 2nd weekend in December a few years back and did not go to HS for Osborne lights. Have so regretted it. We are going the weekend before Thanksgiving. Are we crazy? I know the week of Thanksgiving is crazy. My DD is a teacher and has all week of Thanksgiving off. I unfortunately work retail and have no time off. So we are making a long weekend just for the lights. Hope crowds aren't to bad!!:worried:

If you are really going ONLY for the lights, then you should be okay, but yes it will be crowded.

Years back (like ten, I believe) a friend and I went down for the week before Thanksgiving (not the week OF Thanksgiving) and the parks were empty. It was amazing and wonderful. Then Saturday rolled around and we went to MK for one more visit and it was insane. And that was before all this free dining, A&E, NewFantasyland, SDMT stuff.

Not at all!

We're going from the Saturday before till the Friday after. That "before" weekend is going to be positively pleasant compared to the week of Thanksgiving. The projected crowd numbers (from either site that I've looked at) are not bad at all.

For free, you can look at the projections on easywdw.com. I think your worries will lessen. :thumbsup2

Now, we're going to see the Osbourne Lights ON Thanksgiving Day. Just imagine how that will be compared to your experience, and you're bound to feel better. :lmao:

I'll see you there. We go every year from Saturday before to the Monday after, althought due to school schedules we'll likely go down on tuesday before turkey day.

We are getting two day park hoppers. Going to spend Saturday at Epcot and then take boat over to HS>

If you are really going ONLY for the lights, then you should be okay, but yes it will be crowded.

Years back (like ten, I believe) a friend and I went down for the week before Thanksgiving (not the week OF Thanksgiving) and the parks were empty. It was amazing and wonderful. Then Saturday rolled around and we went to MK for one more visit and it was insane. And that was before all this free dining, A&E, NewFantasyland, SDMT stuff.

Not at all!

We're going from the Saturday before till the Friday after. That "before" weekend is going to be positively pleasant compared to the week of Thanksgiving. The projected crowd numbers (from either site that I've looked at) are not bad at all.

For free, you can look at the projections on easywdw.com. I think your worries will lessen. :thumbsup2

Now, we're going to see the Osbourne Lights ON Thanksgiving Day. Just imagine how that will be compared to your experience, and you're bound to feel better. :lmao:

We went the week between Christmas and New Year back in 1982 and the crowds were insane. Just hoping to avoid that. My dd looked at trip advisor or such and one day was red and the other was yellow. Just hoping to avoid the insane crowds! :rotfl2:

We went the week between Christmas and New Year back in 1982 and the crowds were insane. Just hoping to avoid that. My dd looked at trip advisor or such and one day was red and the other was yellow. Just hoping to avoid the insane crowds! :rotfl2:

I don't think it's ANYTHING like the week between Xmas and NY.

Look at this link:

http://www.easywdw.com/category/calendar/11-november-2014-crowd-calendar/

Unless I'm reading it wrong, Friday is a 3, Saturday is a 5 and Sunday is the only high one (8).

Good news, I hope?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter