Weekdays in Dec

JadeDarkstar

Dis Veteran Pirate dragon mom
What is the best week days in the first or second week of dec?

(if arrived Tue then could do) Wed, Thu, Sat, Sun, Mon, (first week of dec)
Or could arrive Wed and have Thur, Sat, Sun, Mon, Tue (first week dec)
Or
Wed, Thur, Sat , Sun, Mon (second week of dec)
I know I read some where that some AP's cant get in on weekends. (Not sure what day it was.)

I am looking for some low crowds but also some ok hours. From the hours I see for the first and second week there is only an hour difference each week day.

Must dos, are the new woc, and Fireworks and new parades and night time shows. I have a feeling the only thing that may not be nightly in the first week would be Fantasmic that we some what want to try and do.
Candlelight Procession is a if we are there for it we may check it out thing, but also not gonna impact our choice but I have heard it has higher crowds so I my self was leaning towards trying to miss it. However Last year it wasn't the first week so this year is up in the air of when it will be.

Last edited:
We were there last Dec during the Candlelight Procession. We weren't aware of this. It was so busy!!! You can't move through Main Street and the front area. Plan accordingly! (monorail/DCA day)

But the next day, Sunday was just fine with crowds. Generally Sundays are busy with AP holders.

AP blockout dates for most begin the third weekend of Dec, I believe

what day was it last year? Was it the second week of dec? I had believed that's what I read,and that it was different then the years prior.

You can check out the Disneyland AP blockout calendar on Disneyland.com. During the time period you are considering, there are no blockout dates for Deluxe AP holders (Premium/Premier have no blockouts throughout the year). SoCal APs are blocked out on Saturday and SoCal Select are blocked out on Saturday and Sunday. The net result is that crowds are usually higher on Sunday than Saturday, but it can vary depending on weather and other events.

In 2014, the Candlelight Processional occurred on Saturday and Sunday, December 6th and 7th, respectively. Assuming the pattern holds in 2015, that would mean CP will be on December 5th and 6th in 2015. They rarely announce the CP information very far in advance. They tried a 20-night experiment with CP in 2012 and it didn't go over well, so in 2013 they went back to the 2-night schedule (first weekend in December). There is always a chance it will change dates, locations, etc.

According to reports, there was a big convention from December 6 to 11 last year (ASHP) that seemed to drive up attendance as well. I checked and they're not on the Anaheim Convention Center calendar for this year (yet), but they could come back.

By the dates you considering, fireworks and WoC should be presented nightly, as well as a parade. They've already said that they will not be presenting Believe...In Holiday Magic fireworks this year because Disneyland Forever (the new show for the 60th) will be presented instead. It's not known if the Christmas Parade or WoC Winter Dreams will be presented or not (the guessing is the Christmas Parade will be the daytime parade). Fantasmic will likely only be presented on weekend (Fri-Sun) at that point in the month.

Candlelight Processional was Dec 6th and 7th last year. Same weekend the year before. It really does make the park very busy.

The following weekend was the last weekend Deluxe APs were good. And that Saturday the 13th was the busiest I have ever see it in DL. (We don't travel at peak times, but this felt close enough I don't ever want to be there when it's busier). It was a completely different feel from the weekdays. I would do whatever you can to maximize the Mon-Thursday days of the week.

The last weekend before the AP blockouts starts is generally pretty/very busy as AP holders visit the parks one last time until the new year. Whenever I've gone, Saturday was busy, but Sunday was usually even more noticeably busy. Saturday (12/13) seemed busier than previous years, but I think some of that may have been due to weather earlier in the week. It rained during the week, so I think some folks might have put off trips during the weekdays and gone on the weekend. That being said, I agree that if you want to minimize crowds (as much as is possible during December), your best bet is go on Monday through Thursdays.

The last weekend before the AP blockouts starts is generally pretty/very busy as AP holders visit the parks one last time until the new year. Whenever I've gone, Saturday was busy, but Sunday was usually even more noticeably busy. Saturday (12/13) seemed busier than previous years, but I think some of that may have been due to weather earlier in the week. It rained during the week, so I think some folks might have put off trips during the weekdays and gone on the weekend. That being said, I agree that if you want to minimize crowds (as much as is possible during December), your best bet is go on Monday through Thursdays.

Good point. Friday was the monsoon rain day. Turns out it was a great day to be in the parks. :)

We had a much better Sunday morning. However, we left around the noon to fly home. :sad:

Ok well we are trying now to get at least three week days.

Maybe arrive Fri Go Sat Sun (Or make this off day) Monday (if Sunday isn't an off day make this an off day) Tue wed Thursday.
My hubs thinks an off day after only one day at the parks may be a waist of an off day.

Could still make the Wed, Thursday (Fri off day) Sat Sun Mon work still having 3 week days. (and might make that on a non Candlelight Processional weekend.)
(Now i'm also trying fit my school schedule in as well.)
So hard to pick the perfect days.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter