weekday traffic

bhillier

Mouseketeer
when ever we have driven to Disneyland we run into awful traffic that delays our trip a good two hours. We have use both the I-5 and the 101 to 1 (pacific coast highway). Noon, early eve and even 10 or so @ night there is always traffic. Any good time to travel throught this way? This time we will be we arrive on a Wed.

I would suggest either leaving really early from N CA or delay until afternoon, because you don't want to be hitting the LA area between 3 and 7. When my sis and fam travels by car to up there or back, they leave around 2-3 in the morning (kids just sleep in the car). They miss the morning rush hour(s) in their starting area and the afternoon ones in their destination.

I lived in Santa Cruz/Scotts Valley for 10 years and in Carmel for 7... we used to make the same drive all the time to visit the family (really an excuse to go to DL)... :)

Our preferred route:

1 South to 152 East (at Castroville) to 101 South (at Salinas) to 46E (at Paso Robles) to 5 South (at Lost Hills) to LA.... 320 miles from Santa Cruz (about 6 hours)...

I agree with Jen-lou Retton (above) to do hat you can to arrive outside the evening rush hour times...wither way, no big deal. Traffic? Whatever. :rolleyes:

R E L A X ! ! ! You're on vacation!!!

Kevin

6 hour trip, WOW!!! that would knock 2 - 3 hours off our trip. That stop and go traffic, yuck!!!! and yeah I know we ARE on vacation. Thanks for all the info guys. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter