Week on the Fantasy in 8 Minutes

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by Safflower, Nov 12, 2012.

1. Safflower

Safflower Mouseketeer

Hi!

Was thinking about putting together a trip report, and was halfway through writing it when...i just gave up! :rotfl:

We had too many neat photos and videos not to share though, so I compiled them into this little movie. We had a wonderful time - it was a perfect vacation.

http://vimeo.com/53341169

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. momof2minnies

momof2minnies DIS Veteran

You Tube has blocked your video

4. Safflower

Safflower Mouseketeer

Ack, sorry about that! Should be fixed now.

5. beachbratt

beachbratt Mouseketeer

Loved it we got off the Fantasy the day you got on :)

6. BeardedDragons

BeardedDragons Mouseketeer

Loved it! Even more excited for our upcoming Fantasy Cruise (if that's possible). Thanks for sharing :)

7. lucas

lucas °o°

Fantastic!!! What a great time! I love seeing the clouds go by like that. Good job!

8. MoranClan

MoranClan I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words b

What drink were you making?

Thanks for the video

9. kimistry6

kimistry6 DIS Veteran

Loved this video!!! I could sit and watch the clouds pass by all day long...

10. PizzieDuster

PizzieDuster DIS Veteran

I loved this! I bought my son a Gopro last Christmas. He has amazing videos on the slopes from his helmet, from his snowboard and then that hand held stick thingy. My younger son is getting one this Christmas. Best Christmas gift I've ever bought him (them). I love seeing his videos. :thumbsup2 Fantastic job! I enjoyed it so much!

11. bellasmom10

bellasmom10 Earning My Ears

Amazing video...

12. chemnerd09

chemnerd09 Mouseketeer

That was awesome.:worship: I wish I knew how to do things like that. I especially liked the music choices. Thanks so much for sharing.

13. slg4crzn

slg4crzn Mouseketeer

I agree! This video is awesome! I love the music, video and pictures.

14. syrumani

syrumani Earning My Ears

That was cute!

15. hezzie

hezzie Mouseketeer

Great video! Love the time lapse! Thanks for sharing!

16. Safflower

Safflower Mouseketeer

Thank you everyone! We had such an amazing trip - can't wait to go back.

I'm making the "Final Fantasy" shot in Mixology class - a layered shot of Kahlua, Midori, and White Rum. Thought it would be disgusting, but it was actually quite delicious! The bartender who taught the class (Novak) made the recipe. Bonus that the shot is beautiful with the layers.

The GoPro makes amazing videos! Loved that we could take it on the trip and do the combo of time lapse photos and then videos as well. Thank goodness for the waterproof case - from diving to parasailing, it held up to everything with no issues.

17. candmfox

candmfox Earning My Ears

That. Was. Very. Cool! Well. Done!!

Thanks for the inspiration. We've got just a couple of days left before we board and this was a lot of fun to watch. Thanks again for posting.

18. goofy's gal

goofy's gal Earning My Ears

Loved the video! I think I'll watch it everyday.... For the next 12 days. Sailing the Fantasy VERY SOON!
    Thank you for sharing!

19. Embraer

Embraer Mouseketeer

Great video.

How did you have the GoPro powered on your verandah, mains?
    What time lapse settings were you using?
    How were you holding/mounting it on the para-sail and underwater?

Cheers :)

20. sweetpee_1993

sweetpee_1993 DIS Veteran

I loved it! When you sailed back into port at the end...ugh...brought a tear to my eye. I know that sad feeling too well!

I've done TRs faithfully for our last 6 adventures (another forum) but the last few times I've considered not doing it. TRs are so much work for me. I think I'd rather do a video and call it done. Now to just learn how to use iMovie...LOL!

21. Safflower

Safflower Mouseketeer

Hopefully I can answer all of these - my Husband actually did all of the setup and settings. We actually forgot the extension cord to make it long enough to keep it plugged in in the room while filming, so we just had to turn it on a bit before getting into port and then hope that it didn't run out of battery early. Worked well for the most part.

We used a few different time lapse settings - it's a mix of 5, 10, and 30. When I turned the photos into a video (using GoPro Cineform Studio) I used the 59.5 fps setting. Thought that looked best :thumbsup2

During para-sailing and snorkling, I used the wrist strap. For scuba diving, I actually mounted it onto my vest. Took video of our whole dive, which came out really nicely.

Sailing back into port was hard! Being up at 3am to turn on the camera made it even worse :lmao:

I have all of my writing saved on what would have been my TR - still thinking about trying to finish it. Can't believe that you've finished 6! Doing the video took a little while, but for me it was a little bit more fun than trying to write a funny TR.