• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Week of Thanksgiving crowd??---TGM

koryandleslie

Mouseketeer
I have been the past 2 years in October. Fairly low crowds but followed TGM and hardly waited in line at all. Looks like week of Thanksgiving it going to be my trip this year. UUUGHH!! If I follow TGM, will it be really bad?

We were at MK on Thanksgiving ast year. It was a bit crowded We did about two rides then left to DS. No probem at all there. We even decided to try to make resercations at WCC for Thanksgiving dinner and was able to get in at 8:20. Weather was great except for last night wich was Sat night. Bit cold.

If I can talk the wife into it we wil be back down there this thanksgiving as well. Might be tough though her job cut her back to three days a week. Putting a dent in the Disney Saving account.

I have been the past 2 years in October. Fairly low crowds but followed TGM and hardly waited in line at all. Looks like week of Thanksgiving it going to be my trip this year. UUUGHH!! If I follow TGM, will it be really bad?

We have been 4 times the week of Thanksgiving and always FOLLOW TGM. We always arrive the Thursday or Friday before Thanksgiving Thursday. Then we head HOME on Friday the day after. Our first trip...we stayed through Friday and left for home on Sat. It was packed at EC on Friday. We went to EC on TGM suggestion because he said that a lot of people went to EC for Thanksgiving Day and Friday wouldn't be too bad. WRONG :scared1: IT was packed. So we now leave for home on Friday. We like arriving the week before so that we get a lot done RIDE WISE before say Tuesday when it starts getting more crowded. You will want to follow TGM for sure. :thumbsup2

We LUV :cloud9: going at Thanksgiving...just a beautiful time with all of the Christmas decorations. I don't think you will be disappointed at all. There is just a holiday feeling in the air that just makes the time spent there truly magical. We have been able to attend the MVMCP twice on these trips. There is usually one on Thursday or Friday before Thanksgiving.

I went last Thanksgiving. I actually planned the trip Friday and left Sunday. LOL We checked in the Sunday before Thanksgiving and checked out Friday after Thanksgiving. We followed TGM and had a GREAT time. Wednesday at MK was amazing! It was raining most of the day, we got there at RD, left around 1:30, and came back around 5:30 (just as the rain stopped) and stayed until they closed. It was not crowded at all. It was a little cool but I'll take that over the summer heat any day! We went to AK on Thanksgiving day and it wasn't bad at all.
There were a ton of people checking in on Wednesday and I would say that was when the crowds picked up at the hotel (AKL) but overall nothing was bad. At Epcot, we rode TT like 6 times, MS about 7 times and Soarin' twice. At MK, we rode SM 3 times (it broke down), SM and BTM about 5 times. I would definitely go back that week again. We expected crowds, utilized RD, take breaks and went back at night. I went because I wanted to see the Christmas lights and decorations. Seeing the castle covered in those beautiful lights was truly magical. Soooo beautiful.

I get there the Saturday after Thanksgiving and it is still busy that day - we went to Epcot by noon and most rides were 90 minute waits.

Go with a plan and make some ADR's if you have some places you really need to go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter