• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

week of T'giving deals???

luvmyfam444

DIS Veteran
I'm sure I'm a bit too late for any good deals - but thought I'd ck with the best.

Our school just approved the week off - we haven't had it in years...so we are thinking of WDW....

It is the third busiest week of the year- Disney doesn't need to offer a discount as an incentive to fill rooms.

It may not be too late to get a dvc villa by renting points, but that is the only "discount" you will find

Any discounts for November historically come out around August - so you are not too late.

You also could receive a pin - another poster on another thread said they received one yesterday for dates in November - not sure if it included Thanksgiving week.

Do you have AAA? If you book a room only, you may be able to get a AAA discount which would save you somewhere around 15%. That's what we did for now until we see if something better comes out - it saved us about $400 off rack at BWI Standard room.

Funny, I'm a teacher in SC and our district just did the same, and we were thinking the same thing!! :rotfl2:

We have gone once during T-Giving week, and like others have said, there are rarely discounts. Even PINS that we've received have been blacked out for that week. That's the reason our T-Giving stay was at Pop. It was the only place we could afford! :)

We are going in June this year. Does anyone know if Bounce Back offers are blacked out for T-Giving week?

Funny, I'm a teacher in SC and our district just did the same, and we were thinking the same thing!! :rotfl2:

We have gone once during T-Giving week, and like others have said, there are rarely discounts. Even PINS that we've received have been blacked out for that week. That's the reason our T-Giving stay was at Pop. It was the only place we could afford! :)

We are going in June this year. Does anyone know if Bounce Back offers are blacked out for T-Giving week?
The last two bounceback offers we saw were both blacked out the week of tgiving

The last two bounceback offers we saw were both blacked out the week of tgiving

I figured ;) Thanks!

(I also wanted to say that I like your note to your dad in your signature. I, too, lost my dad, and feel so close to him when I'm in WDW :goodvibes)

BOO! I was really hoping for some discount. We may actually rethink going then. I TOTALLY wasn't thinking about the crowd level - DUH!:headache: The last time we were there that time was after Sept 11 there were no crowds.

I had in my mind since it wasn't Christmas it woudn't be bad - ummm no!

BOO! I was really hoping for some discount. We may actually rethink going then. I TOTALLY wasn't thinking about the crowd level - DUH!:headache: The last time we were there that time was after Sept 11 there were no crowds.

I had in my mind since it wasn't Christmas it woudn't be bad - ummm no!

;)

That's why it's called vacation planning. At least you're thinking about it now, so plenty of time to re-think it. :)

We have visited WDW that last three years over Thanksgiving week. In order to get a discount (Free dining each year) we had to check in either the Thursday or Friday the week before Thanksgiving. So, you may be able to get a discount, but it may require you to check in the week before.

We have been twice for Thanksgiving week and both times we booked at the Polynesian with an AP discount for the first few days. Then when the price goes up (I think it was for Tuesday night) we moved over to the Dolphin with a discounted rate there for the rest of the week.

We went in 2009, and 2011 for Thanksgiving week and had Free Dining both times. The discounts usually come out in August. The Saturday prior is usually the end of the window, but if you check in on that day, it is good for your entire trip. Seems like they were offering a good room discount for the same time frame in 2011.

I haven't checked every room type for DVC, but if youre in the market for a deluxe studio, it appears that Saratoga springs is currently the only resort that has availability for the entire week of thanksgiving at this point.

You won't be able to get it for Black Friday or the weekend, but perhaps the rest of the week will be open for the FD discount.

I would be totally happy with going the weekend before & being back home by T'giving.

I haven't gotten a pin by email in ages! :confused3 And we were just there in Nov.

Last year when the discount first came out for Thanksgivng it included the weekend before. But as time passed, they moved the blackout dates further up. You just have to be patient and wait on it. It was on the DIS-Discount forum where I first read about the codes for our trip. Good Luck!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter