Week of 4/4. Does crowd calendar matter?

I thought I read that on busy days, level 9 & 10, that the recommended park is not as important as on lower crowd levels.
That's generally true, but it still makes a difference, especially for the peak crowd days - as opposed to your average summer week. The low crowd times see a more stark difference because the nighttime entertainment doesn't happen every day. So the crowds will gravitate even more towards one park over the others when that park is offering something they can't do on the other days. But, again, the least recommended park on a low crowd day will seem very crowded by comparison to the recommended park, but will be nowhere near as busy as MK on Easter Monday...

We went during xmas week and it was crowded but we went knowing this so no surprise and to be honest, it wasn't as bad as I was expecting. Lines were long and main street was packed but it wasn't wall to wall people like I was expecting. We'll be there for Easter and I'm going with the same attitude and hoping for the same results. I have no intention of doing RD on any day and my only hope is that the parks don't close. I checked the crowd calendar and we are only at MK on one of the not recommended days but I have my ADR's, my FP's and BBB booked so between all it should take up a good portion of our day. Just hoping I don't get locked out if they reach capacity. Does anyone know if they do close the park to capacity as people leave do they start to allow others in?

Best of luck to you and enjoy your trip!!

We went during xmas week and it was crowded but we went knowing this so no surprise and to be honest, it wasn't as bad as I was expecting. Lines were long and main street was packed but it wasn't wall to wall people like I was expecting. We'll be there for Easter and I'm going with the same attitude and hoping for the same results. I have no intention of doing RD on any day and my only hope is that the parks don't close. I checked the crowd calendar and we are only at MK on one of the not recommended days but I have my ADR's, my FP's and BBB booked so between all it should take up a good portion of our day. Just hoping I don't get locked out if they reach capacity. Does anyone know if they do close the park to capacity as people leave do they start to allow others in?

Best of luck to you and enjoy your trip!!

I'm not sure how long they leave the parks closed. I wanted to warn you that if you can't get in for your ADR, they will still charge you the no show fee. It is up to the guests to be at the restaurant, so if you have an ADR you may want to get to the park as early as possible.

We have decided this trip, arriving on 4/4, we are going to the park after dinner around 6-7pm. Every trip we rush there first thing in the morning, tire out after lunch and never make it back after a break at the resort. My kids are now 14 & 11 and prefer to sleep in so we are taking advantage of this and making it a nighttime trip. I am excited because we have missed so many shows and parades in the evenings because we are just to exhausted. I am hoping the parks wont be as busy later int he evening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter