Week before Thanksgiving?

Peapicker

Mouseketeer
I have arrived on Thanksgiving day before and stayed for the week after. I was wondering if someone can tell me just how crowded it is the week leading up to Thanksgiving? Are the park levels at the 9-10 level? each day.

Thanks

We went this way last year. We followed the suggestions of days at touring plans and had what we would consider light crowds except for the day we went to AK and it said to avoid that park that day. On turkey day we went to DHS and it was very quiet. Friday at Epcot was a little busy but nothing like spring break. Have a great trip

We did the week leading up to Thanksgiving once...it was great until Wednesday before....then OMG!!! It was so busy at EPCOT, we had to leave the park.

We had ADR's at Liberty Tree Tavern on Thansksgiving Day - we went, fought through the crowds to get there - ate - and left.

I would say that was the busiest I had ever seen it - we went for our spring break last year and I did not find it as busy.

We've been once before the week of Thanksgiving and are going back again this year.

The parks weren't too bad early in the week. Every day it got a little bit busier. It was pretty crowded Thanksgiving and Friday, but we had seen everything that we HAD to see earlier in the week, so we were really just circling around to see the things we wanted to see again.

The temps are usually in the upper 70s, so the weather is nice. You see whether you go to the waterpark based on the weather report. But it can get outright cold in the evening.

For us, we won't go in the summer because of the heat and humidity. We don't vacation well in that kind of weather. I also won't go Christmas or Spring Break because of the crowds. So Thanksgiving works well for us. We only need to pull our kids out of school for a couple of days, the weather is usually cooler (which has it's pros and cons) and the crowds didn't seem that bad to us.

Just make sure you make your Thanksgiving dinner reservations as soon as you can. The popular places sure filled up quickly this year.

I arrive the Saturday of Thanksgiving and MK is still pretty packed, so I avoid it until the following Monday.

Saturday night seems to be a tough time to get ADR's too; it eases up on Sunday night, but still a lot of locals hanging around.

DHS seemed to be really busy on Saturday, because of the Osbourne Family of Lights as well. Epcot eases up that weekend, and AK is pretty easy to get around as well.

DTD is also crowded through the weekend following Thanksgiving as well - again, a lot of locals enjoying some of the Xmas shopping.

We have actually gone the week before the week of Thanksgiving (took the kids out of school) and it was amazingly quiet. No lines no crowds.

We are coming off of a 7-day Disney cruise the week before thanksgiving. We are planning to stay in a Disney resort (possibly CBR) on Saturday through Wednesday (flying home). We were planning on MK on Sunday and HS on Monday the week of thanksgiving. Are the parks crowded those days as well?

DD & I are arriving Nov 19 and staying til Nov 26. (We fly out at 9:30 am on the day before Thanksgiving, so I'm hoping we'll miss most of the crowds!!) I moved around a couple of ADRs with no problem, so I'm hoping that's a good sign??!! I got Whispering Canyon with no problem!!

We visited this same time two years ago, and it was nice. Crowds weren't bad, and the weather was really great!!!

Anyone else been there the weekend before Thanksgiving? How crowded are the parks?

On Sunday the MK has is open to 10 and has 3 hours of extra magic hours

On Monday HS has is open to 8 and has 3 hours of extra magic hours

Are these signs of a busy park?

We went last Thanksgiving day and stayed the week. There's basically no crowd in AK. Epcot was the only park where it was packed during the evening(Candlelight Processional nights) All WSC restaurants were at capacity. Luckily our ADR's were secured months before.

Anyone else been there the weekend before Thanksgiving? How crowded are the parks?

On Sunday the MK has is open to 10 and has 3 hours of extra magic hours

On Monday HS has is open to 8 and has 3 hours of extra magic hours

Are these signs of a busy park?

I'm just asking, have you been to the parks before? That would give you something to compare it to.

The parks will be busy, but not unbearably so leading up to Thanksgiving. I would plan on Thanksgiving Day, Friday and Saturday to be super crowded. The crowds will die off again on Sunday. Yes, the crowds will be bigger than if you were going the week before Thanksgiving week or the week after, but they shouldn't be unmanageable. Just plan on using Fastpass and you will be fine. The benefit of this time of year is that the weather is usually (but not always) cooler. So while you may have crowds to deal with, you aren't dealing with crowds and heat/humidity. We are usually happy to get a warmer day, because then we can go to the waterparks.

Even the slower times of the year have EMH days for all parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter