• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Week Before Memorial Day

Diane D

Mouseketeer
We are looking at planning our next trip for the week before next Memorial Day. Could someone who has been there at that time tell us what the crowds and weather were like?

I've been there twice the week before Memorial Day. I thought it was the best time to visit. Crowds weren't bad and the weather was good both times. The only thing I didn't like was that the park hours weren't as long. Still I would love to visit again at that time.

We've been twice during that time - crowds low, weather great - but I've heard others talk about how hot it was - for us it was actually less hot/humid than home! We stay two weeks and leave first part of June and the rain always seems to start like clockwork when June hits.

Went the week before memorial weekend and week after.
Low crowds week before and busey after.
We would go 2nd and 3rd week in May, bests crowds and weather. :cool1:

Some folks have posted that they felt the crowds building before the weekend. We were there May 21-30 and felt it was crowded all week. Of course, the weekend was far worse. EMH was a nightmare, but we did ok (even on Sat. and Sun. of the holiday weekend) if we were at a non-EMH park right at opening. We stayed at AKL. It was completely booked for most of the week but did not feel crowded or overly busy. However, buses (other than on our very first evening/afternoon) were packed! Usually, someone would give up their seat so I could sit with my 2 yo. However, my 4 yo and the others generally had to stand. (Even though we were often the first in the group to arrive at the resort bus stop, we just weren't pushy enough to be anywhere near the front of the line!) Fortunately, we never had to wait long for a bus.

Diane D said:
We are looking at planning our next trip for the week before next Memorial Day. Could someone who has been there at that time tell us what the crowds and weather were like?

Well we usually go that week every year, except this year! :sad: But we never had many crowds, starts getting a little crowded on Thursday, then by Friday night its pretty crowded. Weather has been pretty good, but there are some days that are HOT! :earseek:

We are planning a May 20 - 27 trip. I am hoping the crowds won't be too bad. We have been in June, July, Aug. and Dec (it was mid Dec. so the crowds weren't too bad at all). Our experience has been that the later in the Summer it got, the more crowded :crowded: , hot :sunny: and rainy :umbrella: it got.

It is good to hear about others experiences with the 3rd week of May!

So, it sounds like the closer we get to May 29th the more crowded it will be.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter