Week before Easter with Express Pass

MICHELET

Earning My Ears
If we are staying on site and have express pass, will the week before Easter (April 15-18) be that bad?

I do not expect the crowds to be as busy as some, but very busy. And probably not as busy as they will be when Diagon Alley opens.

My thinking is this:
-- Spring breaks are spread out all over the month of March and April. And nearly all Florida public schools have there spring break in March, well before Easter. So spring break should not drive the crowds up much as years past. Although Easter weekend may be rough.
-- Diagon Alley opens this summer. So if your going to go, why not wait a little bit longer and go when the new stuff is available. Especially, when it is only a handful of months away. I think some people who may have went, wait until later.
-- With the new FantasyLand at Disney open, it seems a lot of people may prefer Disney over Universal

I have searched the internet all over for information on Easter crowds at Universal. I saw very little in past years where crowds where ever unmanageable during this time (although it was very busy) and most people who went during this time really enjoyed themselves, especially those with Express pass. Seems express wait times were always under 15 minutes (mostly less) except for Despicable Me which can be around 30 minutes. Now Disney on the other hand, offered a lot of mixed reviews, and seems that crowds there were ridiculous at times.

I would be interested in hearing someones first hand experience of going during this time.

Despite staggered spring breaks, it will still be quite busy, plan on lots of people.Express pass will take care of lines for rides and shows, but not for restaurants, bathrooms ,getting from point A-B ....I know one of our regular posters came back and posted about it last year, but I cant remember who it was.

We are going April 18-26 during Easter week and weekend and staying onsite at the HRH so will have the EP. I will try and remember to come back to this thread and post what it was like with respect to crowds during this time. Not sure if that will be too late for the original posters question ...

I did notice that Orlando Informer has downgraded the crowd levels for that week from "Very Busy" to "Busy" and actually in the weeks leading up to then, they have started shortening hours on some days and ramping up construction. It seems that they are experiencing lower crowds due to Diagon Alley coming later.

Not sure on what other crowd calenders are reporting though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter