Week at Walt Disney World? More Like Weekend at Bernie's: A July '12 TR COMPLETE 5/23

I'm finally caught up on your awesome TR. I find your style of writing very amusing :rotfl: Your energy has me gearing up for our July Trip! I hope that the crowd and transportation gods are as good to us as they were to you! :cool1:

LOVE your trip report! You have such a great sense of humor and I really loved reading your report so far! :thumbsup2

What a great post for AK's 15th birthday! I wish I could have been there, but I will be in 19 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love those little signs on the Harambe sign, cause it reminds me of when you drive by a rest stop and they have all the restaurant, gas, and hotel logos displayed... which I guess is what they were going for. I wonder if they really do that with African villages too or what.

"Many jambos were exchanged" is just a good way to describe Animal Kingdom in general.

Bontebok? Wow, I don't even know if I remember ever hearing that name and I've been on like at least 10-15 safaris over the years. You are an expert!!
YOUR TRIP IS SO SOON. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Good call on the little signs. That's totally what they were going for.

Well, I don't know if I'd call myself an "expert" but since you're calling me one, let's go with that. :thumbsup2
I'm finally caught up on your awesome TR. I find your style of writing very amusing :rotfl: Your energy has me gearing up for our July Trip! I hope that the crowd and transportation gods are as good to us as they were to you! :cool1:
Thank you! I'll talk to my new BFFs the crowd and transportation gods and see what I can do. ;)
Love your writing style! Can't wait to see the new and (hopefully) improved Safari in October!
Thanks! I'd say it's improved. I do miss the poacher stuff, but only for purely nostalgic reasons. Without it, there's more time for the drivers to talk about what you're seeing which I thought was a nice change.
LOVE your trip report! You have such a great sense of humor and I really loved reading your report so far! :thumbsup2
Thanks for reading!! :goodvibes

JULY 11TH PART TWO: Like They Do on the Discovery Channel
After our safari, we walked the Pangani Forest Exploration Trail.

Hoof prints!

The use of bananas on that sign cracks me up. Bananas are such a happy, harmless fruit so the big red NOPE line through them seems so harsh.

"If you even so much as think about putting a banana in your mouth right now, you will be banned. BANNED. Now that the poachers are gone, Warden Wilson has been reassigned and he will get you.

He has planes.

And guns.

He. Will. Get. You.

Asante sana!"

FISH! Instead of my usual dash through the aviary because AHHHHH, I actually stopped to look at the fish and take that picture. I don't know what got into me. A strange bird could have landed on me or eaten my face off or something. What was I thinking?

In high school, I became a bit of a meerkat fangirl thanks to Meerkat Manor. Two of the things in life I love most are fuzzy animals and reality television, so that show was pretty much made for me. It was perfect. I got so invested.

Between the meerkats' interpersonal relationships, the power hierarchy, and the dangers of their world, there was so much drama. But there was also so much love. I found it all very compelling. So getting to watch them do their thing live and in person is kind of the best.

I mean, it's television come to life!

Except it's actually more like real life come to television come to real life and who doesn't love a good full-circle moment?

I really wanted a side-profile shot too, but it took FOREVER to get this. Right as I clicked, the meerkat would turn away, leaving me with yet another shot of its back. I'd groan and then it would turn right back to the side. This went on for a while. I'm positive it was messing with me.

As everyone knows, the highlight of the Pangani experience is the gorilla exhibit, which is why we weren't at all surprised to see quite the crowd gathered.

Except, as we got closer, we noticed there was a buzz in the air.

This wasnt any ordinary gorilla viewing. Something cool was happening. You could feel it.

We overheard a man say "I wouldn't bring the kids in there," so I, of course, ran in to join the crowd. If someone didn't want their kids to see whatever was happening, I knew it was something I wanted--no, needed--to see.

I made my way into the mass of people, got up on my toes, saw this, and started cackling.

The gorillas were getting it on. Right in front of the glass.

There was grunting. Adults were laughing. Small children were asking questions. One dad was covering his kids eyes. Everyone had their cameras out. It was kind of amazing. Magical memories for all.

While those gorillas were going at it, two others (INCLUDING A BABY!!!) were hanging out.

It's so cute! Can I pay to have a baby gorilla hug me? Because I would. They seem like good huggers.

Look how tiny it is!

Also, I'm clearly not as evolved as the rest of you humans because I sit balled up like that all time. In fact, I'm sitting like that as I write this.

While I was focused on the cute, the others finished up.

Here they are...unwinding.

We got a good laugh out of this too. Just look at them.

You know how I said before that there was a buzz in the air? Well, once that buzz reached its climax, the excitement turned into more of a "We all just stood here for a while watching gorillas go at it. Have our lives reached a new low or a new high? What is life anyway?" mass existential crisis kind of deal.

With that hanging over us, we moved on to the outdoor portion of the exhibit.

I'm always wow-ed by just how big these guys are. They look like they could do some serious damage. It's impressive.

That face kills me. Such a judgmental pout. It was hilarious in person. I wish I'd gotten a clearer shot.

The gorillas are pretty lucky environment-wise. It is mighty gorgeous back there and all the trees keep it nice and shady. Not a bad gig.

JULY 11TH PART THREE: Sleeping Tiger, Hidden Fruit Bat
After Pangani, we got pretzels from the stand right by where the trail begins/ends. Because I slept in that morning, breakfast became more a brunch and I was feeling all rumbly in my tumbly.

“Hungry? Hakuna Matata” made me smile.

With pretzels in hand (and then mouth and then stomach), we continued on toward our next destination—Asia.

See? Asia!

Dad and Katie went off to ride Everest while Mom and I did the Maharajah Jungle Trek.

Birds are never lovely. That sign is incorrect.

First up was the Komodo dragon.

Mom was not a fan. I can’t say I blame her. Reptiles are almost as ugh as birds on my list of things that are ugh. It’s a long list.

We walked through the bat area, but there weren’t any out. Disappointing. They’re so cool. Any animal that eats melon upsidedown off a hanging feeding contraption is OK in my book. It also helps that they’re a safe distance away and not, like, flapping their wings in my face. If they did that, it would probably be a whole different story. :rotfl:

We continued on through the “ruins”.

In my experience, animal-wise, Maharajah hasn’t been all that exciting. We never seem to have much luck with the tigers.

They’re always doing this.

It’s cute, but what do I have to do to get some serious tiger action? Sell my soul? Throw a thousand pennies in a fountain somewhere? Make a wish during Wishes? Say “Beetlejuice” three times in the hope that he’ll come and rile up the tigers?

Help me out here, folks.

The ruins make up for the sleeping tigers, I guess. They’re very cool. So detailed.

I mean, where else can you find a drinking fountain so well themed?

These deer-like things (I don’t know if they’re officially deer or not) were doing some deer-like stuff, such as being lazy and sitting in the shade. If I were a deer-like thing, I’d have been doing the same, but it wasn’t very fun to watch. ENTERTAIN ME, DEER-LIKE FOLK!

We skipped the aviary at the end of the trail (it’s optional) for obvious reasons and met back up with Dad and Katie. Now that I’m thinking about it, they may have actually gone on Kali River Rapids since we had our ponchos with us. I can’t remember.

Regardless, we regrouped and headed off to Dinoland USA!

JULY 11TH PART FOUR: Prehysterical Fun
Dinoland USA is home to two of the funniest rides in all of WDW—Primeval Whirl and Dinosaur!

I’m sure Triceratop Spin is also pretty funny, but I can’t say for sure as I’ve never been on it. Though the fact that they chose a flightless dinosaur instead of, like, pterodactyls is already quite amusing.

We hit Primeval Whirl first.

This scientist fills me with so much joy. His eyebrows are a national treasure.

Primeval Whirl is hilarious for several reasons.

1. The Cheese Factor is incredibly high. It’s Dinosaur minus all the fancy animatronics plus cardboard cutouts of hitchhiking dinosaurs and glitter. Disney made a cheap (looking) knock-off of their own ride. It’s perfect.
2. It’s crazy jerky. So jerky that it makes all of us groan in pain which then makes us laugh.
3. The spinning. Oh how I love the spinning…
4. That one dinosaur holding the “The end is near” sign.
5. The comet going through that one dinosaur’s “The end is near” sign.
6. “Please stand up before exiting. BYE BYE!”

After that, we ran over to Dinosaur.

“It’s fast. It’s a blast. It’s in the past.”

Dinosaur houses one of the greatest things ever.

Not just one of the greatest things in WDW, one of the greatest things ever.

It’s that good.

Ladies and gentlemen…

Boys and girls….

I now present to you, “Theories of Extinction”.

The beauty of this priceless work of art is that there are so many great things going on.

The, um, artistic license on display here is golden.

Back in 2011, when I first really looked at this thing and didn’t just walk right by, I found myself drawn to the diseased dinosaurs.

See? Very diseased.

The one with its tongue sticking out is my favorite. Unfortunately, I think it has fully succumbed to the mysterious dino-killing disease. RIP. The others are still in the drool-all-the-nutrients-out-of-our-bodies phase. It doesn’t look fun.

The mental image of a world filled with emaciated, drooling dinosaurs stumbling everywhere zombie-style as the dino-killing disease eats away at their brains cracks me up. Someone needs to make this into a movie. Does Jurassic Park 4 have a script yet?

Here we have what I’m assuming is some sort of underwater dinosaur or reptile (you can see part of its front flipper) who has croaked due to climate change. Ignore that it says “Egg-Eating Mammals”. That’s the title for what’s happening below him.

This amuses me because A) that’s a comically long neck and B) without water to swim in, I’m picturing the guy Bambi-ing onto the ground. No control of his body. Just plop.

Again, the mental image of a world filled with these guys Bambi plopping to the ground cracks me up. As it should anyone with a sense of humor.

Now that? That I can’t make sense of.

What is the dinosaur sitting on? Is it a plant? A root of some kind? Or is it, like, a giant cretaceous octopus? Were there giant cretaceous octopus? Those look like tentacles and there’s an eyeball-ish thing in the mix.

I’m stumped, you guys. I have no idea what’s going on here.

That’s what makes it so funny.

To tl;dr it, the artist behind “Theories of Extinction” is a genius and you should all take time out of your trip to fully appreciate his or her work next time you’re in the World. Thank you.

Another great thing about “Theories of Extinction” is that it’s not even the main attraction. I mean, it could be. I think it’d draw large Maelstrom-esque crowds. I’d sure wait in line to see it.

But it’s not.

The reason we’re all there, of course, is the ride. And it’s a darn good one.

Dinosaur is so much fun. It’s dark. You’re being jerked all over the place. Giant robotic dinosaurs are roaring in your face. It’s the perfect recipe for some (terrifying) hilarity.

You know what else is hilarious? Dr. Seeker and the rage that bubbles up within me thanks to that man.

It’s totally irrational because this is a ride in a theme park but oh my god I hate him so much.

I don’t think I’ve ever hated a fictional scientist more.

I hate his stupid dinosaur puppet. I hate that he tells us to “plug in” our seat belts instead of “fasten” like normal people. I hate his blatant disregard for authority (TEAM PHYLICIA RASHAD). But, most importantly, I hate all the yelling. You’re the one who misjudged the size/proximity of the meteor shower, genius. You’re the one who’s piloting this thing. In case you haven’t noticed, all we have in front of us are bars to hold on to and nets to put our junk in. Unless Time Rovers are propelled forward by water bottle and sunglasses-filled junk nets, we are in your hands. Screaming “KEEP GOING!!! RIGHT!!! LEFT!! RIGHT!! EVASIVE MANEUVER!!!!” at us does nothing but fill me with rage because people yelling at me about things that are out of my control is my #1 pet peeve. By the time the ride is over, I’m ready to march right up to this fictional man’s fictional office to give him a piece of my mind. And maybe my fist.

I hate you, Dr. Seeker. I hate you so much.

:upsidedow

After the ride, we took the path that dumps you back in Chester and Hester’s and made our way out of Dinoland.

“Dinosaurs the way they were meant to be. Big, green, and fun!” So true.

Dad and Katie were ready for dinner, so they peeled off at Flame Tree Barbecue.

Mom and I continued on. We were on our way to Festival of the Lion King.

We rushed over because we were cutting it close time-wise, but we made it with time to spare. We were seated in the lion section (aka the best section) which I was super pumped about. Roaring is so much more fun than the rest of the animal noises and I can actually do it. I can’t make an elephant sound to save my life. :rotfl:

Our fearless leader. Blinking.

Pumbaaaaa!

The people around us got really into it.

See? Hands-in-the-air clapping was happening. One of the number one signs of people having a good time.

Obligatory “WHY CAN’T I BE THE SNAKE? IT’S NOT FAIR. I WANT THAT COSTUME. CAN I AT LEAST HAVE ONE TO WEAR TO LIKE TARGET AND THE POST OFFICE, DISNEY? PLEEEASE?” photo/comment.

Timon!

After the show, we met back up with Dad and Katie and then headed for the bus stop.

Apparently all those terrifying white birds live in these trees. Yuck.

Back at French Quarter, Mom and I grabbed some dinner at Sassagoula Floatworks and then we called it a night. It was our second to last night in WDW and we were pretty beat. We needed to rest up so we could go all out on our last park day. :cool1:

OMG your update title is extremely inappropriate. How dare you remind me of such a horrid song.

Next week whilst at Animal Kingdom, when I hear/see "Asante Sana", I am going to think of "He. Will. Get. You." So thanks for that.

I LOVE YOUR HIPPO PICTURE! Omg. Amazing. I love them so much.

Judgey gorilla was soooo judging you for watching the other gorillas get it on. I'm actually disappointed I missed this. I have seen a LOT of stuff go down over there but not that. Whew.

I need to remember to say "Hungry? Hakuna Matata!" every time someone enters the kitchen. In fact I should record it onto a tape that plays every time someone opens the door.

It’s cute, but what do I have to do to get some serious tiger action? Sell my soul? Throw a thousand pennies in a fountain somewhere? Make a wish during Wishes? Say “Beetlejuice” three times in the hope that he’ll come and rile up the tigers?

Help me out here, folks.

What you must do is come to Animal Kingdom with me. I can not explain why I have such good animal luck, I just do. Problem solved!!!

I never thought of that about Triceratop Spin but now I am LOLing. omg. Dumbo can fly, the magic carpets can fly, thus these rides make sense. Triceratops just...walk. And like you said they could have used a pterodactyl. THERE ARE DINOSAURS THAT FLY, IMAGINEERS. Get it together guys!

“Please stand up before exiting. BYE BYE!” I say this waaaaay yyyyy toooo much.

Prior to us going to Animal Kingdom together, we need to make TEAM PHYLICIA RASHAD" shirts.

“Dinosaurs the way they were meant to be. Big, green, and fun!” So true. I am dying.

I'm so glad you updated before I left!! YAY. You continue to rule.

Oh, the artistic geniuses behind "Theories in Extinction." Brilliance. My favorite is the dying (dead) dinosaur with his tongue hanging out of his mouth. Way to keep it real, Disney. Way to keep it real.

Yaaaayy! Three updates...thanks! :hyper: I was too busy reading your old trip reports to realize you had posted on your current TR! lol Your love of AK is inspiring...it makes me want to go there first thing next month...in the end of June...and that's saying something! I think the last time we were there about 5 yrs ago in June we were in line for Kilimanjaro and my Dad turned to me and said very matter of factly..."I'M MELTING" :scared: I died of laughter but we haven't been back since in the summer. It's pretty darn hot there in the summer but we haven't been in so long and it is really nicely themed and detailed. I love all your pics of the "ruins" and the animals. Meerkat Manor?!?! I thought I was the only person who watched that show religiously. You got invested...lmao...you crack me up ;)

OMG your update title is extremely inappropriate. How dare you remind me of such a horrid song.

Next week whilst at Animal Kingdom, when I hear/see "Asante Sana", I am going to think of "He. Will. Get. You." So thanks for that.

I LOVE YOUR HIPPO PICTURE! Omg. Amazing. I love them so much.

Judgey gorilla was soooo judging you for watching the other gorillas get it on. I'm actually disappointed I missed this. I have seen a LOT of stuff go down over there but not that. Whew.

I need to remember to say "Hungry? Hakuna Matata!" every time someone enters the kitchen. In fact I should record it onto a tape that plays every time someone opens the door.

What you must do is come to Animal Kingdom with me. I can not explain why I have such good animal luck, I just do. Problem solved!!!

I never thought of that about Triceratop Spin but now I am LOLing. omg. Dumbo can fly, the magic carpets can fly, thus these rides make sense. Triceratops just...walk. And like you said they could have used a pterodactyl. THERE ARE DINOSAURS THAT FLY, IMAGINEERS. Get it together guys!

“Please stand up before exiting. BYE BYE!” I say this waaaaay yyyyy toooo much.

Prior to us going to Animal Kingdom together, we need to make TEAM PHYLICIA RASHAD" shirts.

“Dinosaurs the way they were meant to be. Big, green, and fun!” So true. I am dying.

I'm so glad you updated before I left!! YAY. You continue to rule.
I wish I were kidding, but I've had that song stuck in my head on and off since I thought about it during this trip. It's been rough.

That's me. Ruining Disney for people one trip report update at a time. :rotfl:

My presence must be a gorilla aphrodisiac. Between that and your animal luck, when we're finally in Disney together, so much crazy stuff is going to go down. Like, we'll probably get chased by a rhino or something. Also the TEAM PHYLICIA RASHAD t-shirts are an excellent idea.
Oh, the artistic geniuses behind "Theories in Extinction." Brilliance. My favorite is the dying (dead) dinosaur with his tongue hanging out of his mouth. Way to keep it real, Disney. Way to keep it real.
Right? It's all kinds of genius. I wish they sold poster-sized versions in the gift shop. Get on that, Disney!
Awesome pics! :goodvibes
Thanks!
Yaaaayy! Three updates...thanks! :hyper: I was too busy reading your old trip reports to realize you had posted on your current TR! lol Your love of AK is inspiring...it makes me want to go there first thing next month...in the end of June...and that's saying something! I think the last time we were there about 5 yrs ago in June we were in line for Kilimanjaro and my Dad turned to me and said very matter of factly..."I'M MELTING" :scared: I died of laughter but we haven't been back since in the summer. It's pretty darn hot there in the summer but we haven't been in so long and it is really nicely themed and detailed. I love all your pics of the "ruins" and the animals. Meerkat Manor?!?! I thought I was the only person who watched that show religiously. You got invested...lmao...you crack me up ;)
Aw, I'm glad to be an inspiration. Up until recently, I had quite the love/hate relationship with Animal Kingdom, mainly because of, like you said, the heat. It gets soooooo freaking hot in the summer. But I really started to appreciate it the past few trips and I've come to love it a lot. Just forget about the heat and focus on the pretty. :rotfl:

High-five, fellow Meerkat Manor fan! :upsidedow

JULY 12TH PART ONE: My Big, Triumphant Morning
This was our last full day at Disney. Boo.

We didn’t let the sadness get us down, though, as we were up bright and early to head to Hollywood Studios for rope drop.

We weren’t there quite as early as we were earlier in the trip, but there were only this many people in front of us.

It wasn’t bad at all and I’m pleased to report that the tour groups don’t chant early in the morning. At least not this one. Half of them were napping on the ground.

As you may remember, my #1 goal for this trip was to FINALLY break 200,000 on Toy Story Mania, so that is obviously where we headed first.

We followed our usual TSM strategy. I ran ahead to get Fastpasses because I’ve got mad powerwalking skills, waited for the slowpokes to meet up with me, and then we all rode standby.

Round One:

So close.

The posted wait time wasn’t bad, so we got right back in line. I was determined to break that 200,000 barrier.

Round Two:

I DID IT! WOOOOOOO! I was ready for someone to hand me an American flag so I could wrap it around myself and run around like people who’ve won gold medals at the Olympics.

Since that didn’t happen, I decided the next best thing would be some breakfast at Starring Rolls.

Since I hadn’t had one yet, it was time for my annual Disney cherry turnover.

So gooey. So messy. So delicious.

After breakfast, we went back to ride TSM w/FP.

Round Three:

Boom. Not a bad way to conclude the Toy Story Mania mania for this trip.

Because having goals is important, my new goal is to break 250,000. :thumbsup2

After that, Dad and Katie decided to go over to Disney Quest. Since they had Water Park Fun & More tickets, they wanted to get the most out of them. Makes sense.

Mom and I stayed a bit longer and walked through the Streets of America.

Then, since we were in the mood for some cheap 3D tricks, we went to Muppetvision.

I <3 Sweetums. “Nothin’ up there but a bunny…A BUNNY? BEAN!”

Muppetvision was just as muppety as ever. I always leave with both the 1812 Overture and the Muppet Show theme song stuck in my head. It’s a weird mashup, but trust me, it works. I mean, any mashup that involves cannons is a winner in my book.

We made sure to walk through the gift shop because the theming in there is great.

That’s some solid advice.

I consider that a shout out to me. Just ignore the fact that the most famous Muppet's name starts with K. K is for Kara and only Kara. We all know that.

Good thing I'm a big chicken. See, I knew having anxiety would pay off someday! ;)

Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem!!

After that, we decided to head back to French Quarter and then take the boat to Downtown Disney for lunch and shopping.

Here are a few random POFQ pics:

I know I’ve said this a million times, but Port Orleans French Quarter really is sooooo pretty. You should stay there sometime.

JULY 12TH PART TWO: Downtown Disney
We quickly swung by our room and then walked over to the dock.

The entire Port Orleans complex shares a boat route. They stop to load at Riverside first, then French Quarter, and then go to Downtown Disney. During the day, the boats arrive every twenty minutes. In the evening, it’s every ten. Or so they said.

It took about fifteen minutes to get to Downtown Disney, but it felt a lot shorter. It is a very relaxing ride. They play thematically-appropriate music just like they do on the buses and you pass by a golf course, the treehouses, and plenty of nature, so there’s stuff to look at. AAAAANDDD Bus Voice Guy is also Boat to DTD Voice Guy. My heart swelled when he started spieling.

It’s cool to see Downtown Disney from the water too.

Take note of how I was too lazy to reach out and take a picture without the rail in it. Ha.

The Port Orleans boats dock in the Marketplace which was super convenient for us as that’s where we were going.

We decided to do lunch before shopping. Because I’d read so many wonderful things (and seen so many wonderful pictures) on the internet, I really wanted to eat at Wolfgang Puck Express this trip, so that’s what we did.

Our first time most definitely did not disappoint.

I ordered the Four Cheese Macaroni.

Oh my gosh, you guys, this was so good. I’m joining the chorus and highly recommending it. It’s the best macaroni and cheese I’ve ever had.

Mom ordered the Rotisserie Turkey Cobb Salad.

We shared, so I got to try this too. It was delicious. It complemented the macaroni well and was crisp and refreshing which was great for a hot summer day. It really hit the spot.

Basically, after that meal, we are full-on, all-out Wolfgang Puck Express-aholics. We dream about it often. Not just daydreams either. I’ve woken up in the morning extremely confused as to why there wasn’t a half-eaten plate of macaroni nearby. It’s rough.

After lunch, we hit the Christmas store.

We showed incredible restraint and only purchased one ornament this year. It was tough but we did it. You should all be very proud.

So cute! The world needs more Mickey Mouse topiaries.

We browsed through Tren-D and Basin. A dance studio was performing on the stage in front of World of Disney, so I stopped and watched while Mom made a few phone calls. I wish I’d gotten to do that when I took dance. The pleather shirts (and hats!) my hip hop class wore when I was 11 for our recital would've been great for the hot Florida summer. :rotfl:

When Mom was ready, we hit World of Disney.

Shopping in World of Disney is such an intense experience. It’s incredibly disorienting. I go there every trip, but if you asked me to draw a map of the place, I couldn’t do it. And I’m great with directions. It’s a running joke that I have internal GPS because I always know where I am and where I’m going. But World of Disney confuses the heck outta me.

Confusion aside, it’s a fun store. It has EVERYTHING merchandise-wise and the theming is great. Tourist!Genie is there and you really can’t beat that.

When did Snow White’s prince dye his hair? Isn’t it dark brown in the movie? Are they going for some Once Upon a Time synergy? That’s what it reminded me of. Makes sense. OUaT!Charming is far superior. That man can work a cape like nobody’s business.

We left World of Disney with a Bullseye pillow pet for me and “toothpick holders” for my sister. I promise I’m the older sibling.

Before heading back to POFQ, we swung by Goofy’s Candy Co.

I had to do the “Design Your Own” Mickey Rice Krispy Treat thing. It’s become tradition.

I get mine dipped in white chocolate, covered in peanut butter chips, and drizzled with milk chocolate. It’s heavenly.

Here’s a picture:

Someday I’ll try a new combo, but, for now, why mess with what works?

We paid and headed for the dock.

Saratoga Springs!

T-Rex! “Steve, party of 45, your prehistoric family adventure is about to begin!” Almost two years later and that’s still burned in my brain.

Anyway, we took the boat back to the resort. Mom joined Dad and Katie who, back from Disney Quest, were at the pool. I was going to go with them (I actually changed and everything), but when we got out there, the pool was PACKED. People. Everywhere people. Not a chair to be had. So I went back to the room, sat in the air conditioning, watched Stacey and ate my Mickey Rice Krispy Treat in my bikini. It was the right choice.

While I was doing that, two maintenance workers knocked on the door and asked to check our toilet. I let them in. As soon as I did, the “Did I just let rapists into the room? Can I defend myself with a Mickey Rice Krispy Treat?” thought ran through my mind. But they had official Disney name tags and they really did check the toilet and leave, so it was all good. :thumbsup2

Kara, I know I'm REALLY late, but I since I WAS following along from the beginning, not really late technically.

But, i had to comment before you finish because your reports are without a doubt the funniest in the history of ever. Plus I love how you notice stuff the rest of us don't.

You are seriously an absolutely BRILLIANT writer. Hopefully there's a trip on the horizon for another TR. :goodvibes

Kara, I know I'm REALLY late, but I since I WAS following along from the beginning, not really late technically.

But, i had to comment before you finish because your reports are without a doubt the funniest in the history of ever. Plus I love how you notice stuff the rest of us don't.

You are seriously an absolutely BRILLIANT writer. Hopefully there's a trip on the horizon for another TR. :goodvibes
Aw, thank you! You are too kind. :goodvibes

There might be another trip on the horizon, but, even before that, as soon as I finish this one, I'm going to start a TR for my November 2012 trip. I haven't really mentioned that trip much but it totally happened. :laughing: It was my first time in WDW during the holiday season, so I'm excited to share!

There might be another trip on the horizon, but, even before that, as soon as I finish this one, I'm going to start a TR for my November 2012 trip. I haven't really mentioned that trip much but it totally happened. :laughing: It was my first time in WDW during the holiday season, so I'm excited to share!

I was just gonna say that I'm sad this TR is almost ending so you really need to plan another trip so you can write another TR! lol What can I say? I just really enjoy reading your trip reports! :p So now I can also look forward to a TR for your November trip! Yaaaay! lol Can't wait! :goodvibes

OMG, the Mickey rice krispy treat... I'm drooling!!! :cloud9: Also, my cat sleeps just like the tiger - on her back and with her feet sprawled out. Big cats, little cats... they're all the same... just wouldn't want the big ones in my living room ;)

Really enjoyed your TR.
Thanks for reading! :goodvibes
I was just gonna say that I'm sad this TR is almost ending so you really need to plan another trip so you can write another TR! lol What can I say? I just really enjoy reading your trip reports! :p So now I can also look forward to a TR for your November trip! Yaaaay! lol Can't wait! :goodvibes
Thanks! I'm glad you enjoy them!
OMG, the Mickey rice krispy treat... I'm drooling!!! :cloud9: Also, my cat sleeps just like the tiger - on her back and with her feet sprawled out. Big cats, little cats... they're all the same... just wouldn't want the big ones in my living room ;)
I don't know. Sure, there's a risk that it would eat you, but having a pet tiger could also be pretty fun. Jasmine seemed to make it work. :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter