• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Week After Turkey Day Shenanigans

We are planning on homeschooling. Where do you get your supplies and curriculums? Just curious. We are new to this. DD is only 3. I've thus far just pieced things together. Workbooks, flashcards, games, etc. TIA

Teachers pay teachers has tons of resources!

The AC in DH's truck died today. $750 later it will be fixed. Couldn't have happened any other time. Argh.

Bye bye SW dessert party :sad2:

The AC in DH's truck died today. $750 later it will be fixed. Couldn't have happened any other time. Argh.

Bye bye SW dessert party :sad2:

Bummer :(
DH had his truck at the dealer today. Luckily all was well. My car, on the other hand, needs tires. Always something!

Woo hoo!
Happy day for us. Sun Country dropped the price on the flight we wanted by $100...so we finally booked!

Officially in chill mode til FP+
Yay! Love Sun Country! But we are trying Delta this time due to flight times.

On the crappy day list... we are dealing with a daycare lice breakout. But at least it is not when we are trying to go to Disney. 121 days!

We are planning on homeschooling. Where do you get your supplies and curriculums? Just curious. We are new to this. DD is only 3. I've thus far just pieced things together. Workbooks, flashcards, games, etc. TIA

My favorite "get started homeschooling" book is Cathy Duffy's 102 Top Picks. She has an awesome chart of all her curriculum recommendations that show whether it is secular, Christian, Catholic, etc... How teacher-intensive it is, how much prep is required, etc... Really, it was such a good book to help me figure out what sounded good to me, what would work for us, etc... She has a lot of info in the front about learning styles, teaching styles, etc... It's the best recommendation I can give to a new homeschooler. :) After you have her book, also know that she has a website where she has all sorts of curriculum reviews. I just think the book has so many more details that are especially helpful in the beginning.

On the crappy day list... we are dealing with a daycare lice breakout. But at least it is not when we are trying to go to Disney. 121 days!

We dealt with lice at daycare about 2 weeks before we went to Disney last year. It was awful!

My dad drove a church bus and we picked up in the less fortunate areas of town. Let's just say we had lice more often than not for far too long. It's awful, I feel your pain!

I can't quite figure it out either. Anyone have any tips?

Along the top of the page you'll see a drop-down menu called "Touring Plans". At the bottom of that menu is "Personalized Touring Plans". Click that and it will walk you through the process.

Along the top of the page you'll see a drop-down menu called "Touring Plans". At the bottom of that menu is "Personalized Touring Plans". Click that and it will walk you through the process.
yes, this!

Once I have added all the rides/attractions I want (hit the rider swap if you are using that, it will add extra time to that step) and any planned meals or breaks, then hit optimize and it will put them in the order that will minimize waits and such. You can use the sliders at the top to balance walking/waiting as well. If you haven't made your FP selections yet it will also make suggestions for what ride and time to make them once you optimize.

It takes some tweaking to get shows/meals at the times you want, but it's neat to see your day laid out and have a plan to at least base your day off. We spent so little time wandering aimlessly because I knew the order we were riding things for the most part.

Bummer :(
DH had his truck at the dealer today. Luckily all was well. My car, on the other hand, needs tires. Always something!

Hubbys car straight out died last week. Not worth fixing with 250000 miles on it. Finally bought a new van that I love... Payment that I don't! U r right always something!

SO I've been watching wait times and FP availability on the lines app since I renewed my membership. I'm feeling pretty encouraged.

Today at HS CL 6, with morning EMH. It's noon, and TSMM is a 30 min wait, RnR 60 min, ToT 45 min, Star Tours 30 min. Not great, but not awful when you consider how few rides there are at HS.

BUT there are lots of FP availabilty for those rides right now. At least for 1 person. So that should help with 4th FP in the app.

MK is a 7 today, and SDMT is only a 60 min wait, Space at 50 min. LOTS of later FP availability for most rides at MK.

I think the key for us will be using FP early, so we can start getting 4th (and more) early too.

(I'm bored, can you tell?! haha)

SO I've been watching wait times and FP availability on the lines app since I renewed my membership. I'm feeling pretty encouraged.

Today at HS CL 6, with morning EMH. It's noon, and TSMM is a 30 min wait, RnR 60 min, ToT 45 min, Star Tours 30 min. Not great, but not awful when you consider how few rides there are at HS.

BUT there are lots of FP availabilty for those rides right now. At least for 1 person. So that should help with 4th FP in the app.

MK is a 7 today, and SDMT is only a 60 min wait, Space at 50 min. LOTS of later FP availability for most rides at MK.

I think the key for us will be using FP early, so we can start getting 4th (and more) early too.

(I'm bored, can you tell?! haha)

I quickly get depressed if I have nothing to work on in relation to our Disney trip. I get it. :)

I was afraid this would happen, but now we're looking at sneaking into Animal Kingdom on Sunday, 11/27 for just a few hours.

Current thinking:
11/26 - arrive after 11 pm, room-only at Pop for 11/26 and 11/27
11/27 (Sun) - Boma 10:45, Animal Kingdom for the afternoon, back to Pop early evening to pack and prepare to move on Monday.
11/28 - Move to AoA in the morning, Epcot as early as we can, begin quick service dining w/ our package
11/29 - Magic Kingdom - Rope drop to close, including MVMCP
11/30 - Epcot
12/1 (Thurs) - Hollywood Studios
12/2 - MK EMH 'til around 11 then move to AK for the rest of the day. Catch ROL w/ fastpass if possible
12/3 - Hollywood Studios
12/4 - MK - 8:15 AM CP reservation, 6:30 PM Whispering Canyon
12/5 (Mon) - Epcot
12/6 - Animal Kingdom, possibly hop to DHS to see SW fireworks one last time
12/7 - Head home, Tragical Express pick up around noon

So as of now, we'll eat 3 meals out of pocket: Boma breakfast, Crystal Palace breakfast (might drop this one), and Whispering Canyon dinner. Hopefully this gives us enough of a break from quick service during our stay.

I quickly get depressed if I have nothing to work on in relation to our Disney trip. I get it. :)

I was afraid this would happen, but now we're looking at sneaking into Animal Kingdom on Sunday, 11/27 for just a few hours.

Current thinking:
11/26 - arrive after 11 pm, room-only at Pop for 11/26 and 11/27
11/27 (Sun) - Boma 10:45, Animal Kingdom for the afternoon, back to Pop early evening to pack and prepare to move on Monday.
11/28 - Move to AoA in the morning, Epcot as early as we can, begin quick service dining w/ our package
11/29 - Magic Kingdom - Rope drop to close, including MVMCP
11/30 - Epcot
12/1 (Thurs) - Hollywood Studios
12/2 - MK EMH 'til around 11 then move to AK for the rest of the day. Catch ROL w/ fastpass if possible
12/3 - Hollywood Studios
12/4 - MK - 8:15 AM CP reservation, 6:30 PM Whispering Canyon
12/5 (Mon) - Epcot
12/6 - Animal Kingdom, possibly hop to DHS to see SW fireworks one last time
12/7 - Head home, Tragical Express pick up around noon

So as of now, we'll eat 3 meals out of pocket: Boma breakfast, Crystal Palace breakfast (might drop this one), and Whispering Canyon dinner. Hopefully this gives us enough of a break from quick service during our stay.

That sounds like an awesome plan :love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter